FROM CACHE - en_header

5 weeks and still nothing!

HGBokkie
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi there,

Please check out my store: www.homegrownbokkie.com and let me know if there is something wrong? Maybe not appealing?

I also have instagram (no IG business yet but I post as much as I can), now Im doing reels. Im on facebook and even though my 1st advert reached over 14400 people I still did not receive any sales! I can not afford to run another advert right now. 

Thank you

Stacey

Replies 6 (6)
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1392 196 877

Hi @​​HGBokkie

I'm Richard. Nice to know that you have just launched your online business with Shopify. Personally, I very much love your store design and the products look good.  Your store looks good, I have no comments for it. But here are some tips regarding marketing and store conversion rate optimization might work for your store: 

It needs time to build brand awareness and 5 weeks are not enough. For example, when I buy a product online, I spend time carefully reading about it in the description, especially the review sections with images and videos from your buyers. It's easy to understand your store has just launched so you don't have a lot of sales at this time. But I think this Blog from Shopify about Marketing Checklist will help you drive more traffic and sales. 

I think spending your first 5 weeks focusing on driving targeted traffic to your store above all else is the very crucial step. 

For increasing traffic, Have you ever heard about Shopify SEO? In the simplest way, SEO is a method that can help you gain organic traffic. With Paid Ads - you can get a quicker win, however, SEO can be a marathon that requires you to bring forth your efforts upfront to get it right from the very starting steps - but once you rank, you can rather sit back and enjoy a passive income with no recurring cost. 

If you're interested in Shopify SEO, this article will help you

Also, you can try to optimize your Store Conversion Rate to generate more sales. CRO involves the combined optimization of landing pages, conversion funnel and user experience. I must say that it can be a very long-term process and it might be hard to get started, but by increasing your conversion rate, you can Make The Most Out Of Online Traffic, Reduce Cost Per Acquisition,... Something such as optimize content, website, page speed, check out page and other tips you can find in a very dedicated blog with 12-chapter checklist here: Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO): Best Practices, Tips and Case Studies 

Hope all I suggest above can help you that much!

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers, 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @HGBokkie 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.
  • Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
HGBokkie
Tourist
3 0 2

Wow thank you. Will check through your points. Some of this I have not even heard of!

Thanks

Stacey

HGBokkie
Tourist
3 0 2

Thanks @CutOutWiz for the tips.

Will work through them and see how it all works out.

Much appreciated

Stacey

Growave
Shopify Partner
1565 54 438

Hi @HGBokkie 

Welcome to Shopify! All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. First of all, I would like to compliment your product focus on sustainability. I can see a big potential in your e-commerce. You have done a great job. I would recommend you start using some e-commerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Add Sticky Menu

Make your online shop more user-friendly by keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website. Right now the menu bar on the head of the store disappears when the user scrolls down which is not convenient. Keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website will make your online shop more user-friendly.

• Add  Blog Page

Since your store has been launched recently, the blog will make your shop more credible and relatable. The blog will provide new clients with a sense of confidence in their purchases. Also, constantly adding new content to your blog will positively impact SEO, drives traffic to your online store, and keeps audiences in your store.

• Add Reviews

I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop. I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Reviews are a vital part of an online store since credibility is a fundamental basis in any eCommerce. Testimonials have the ability to increase the confidence of new consumers, something essential to reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts. Since you've launched the online shop recently, try to collect them through apps, depending on your budget. Through the app, your customer can leave a photo or text reviews and will be reminded to share opinions whenever you prefer.

• Add Wishlist. 

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. This is a non-obvious feature that extremely scales your purchases. Since you offer various designs and color options, I recommend adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Moreover, you can analyze the data to see what items people save for later and what items they actually buy.

If the items on the Wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

PP.png

• Loyalty and Reward program

Loyalty and Rewards program motivates shoppers to engage more meaningfully with the brand. It allows you to strengthen customer relationships, increase repeat purchases, turn your customers into loyal advocates, and treat the most loyal customers with VIP treatments. In general, all those actions are designed to drive high-value purchasing behaviors. On the L&R page, you can include points, referral programs, and VIP tiers. Depends on you. One of the most useful features of the Rewards feature is the Referral program. Use it in order to give you customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hey @HGBokkieThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are few suggestions from my side on your store that you can work on:

- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar so customers can take an action on it.

- Add a review carousel or testimonials on the homepage. It will help you to build the trust with customers coming to your store. 

- Add a section of trending & new products in your store recommending products to your store by personalizing the customers' shopping experience. 

- Add a review section of product page. 90% of people read reviews before making a purchase. 

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Hope this helps!

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.