A bit of traffic but no sales

thehoundhabitat
1 0 1

HI. Ive created my shopify store and I'm not getting any sales. These are things I've done. 

• FB ads to see what interests, genders, locations are popular with the product.
  • Logo.
  • CTA.
  • Easy to navigate site.
  • If someone leaves something in cart (sending an email reminder)
  • upsell/cross-sell/
  • perks for customers if they sign up to emails £xyz off an order.
  • Photos.

The things I think I'm doing wrong.

No credibility ie no followers on FB & Insta. (Ive been posting, liking other peoples photos, follow some accounts.)

I dont want to keep spending money on ADS if I wont be getting ANY sales at all, im willing to carry on putting money in ads if im going to get some sales at least. I know its possibility to work with Instagram influencers as well but again thats more money put in when none is coming out

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Oh I forgot. Heres my website. https://thehoundhabitat.com/

Replies 6 (6)
GlobalSales2
Tourist
18 3 8

Hello @thehoundhabitat 

You have did well and your store is well designed to start marketing.

It's obvious that everyone search on Google to see anything related to there need so in that Case I will implore you try to use Google marketing. this is what we have do and know all the necessary details attached to it. when. we are talking about Google marketing. it's required GMB setup ,2 weeks ads campaign and generating of complementary list in other to blast mails to them. If you don't know how to go about this Globalsalesis available. 

if this reply is helpful kindly drop your likes. 

Thanks.

GlobalSales2
Tourist
18 3 8

Hello @thehoundhabitat Regarding as well to your store. Your Home page is not well design try to include products in your home page and make sure you have features collection so that your store can be interesting to the visitor that enter. 

Note: Try to include social media tag so that your visitors can get you for any questions on social media.

waytoapps
Navigator
468 37 187

Hello @thehoundhabitat 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

• Add a Favicon, which helps to find your store when customer had multiple tabs in their browser.
  • Add few products  with ATC(add to cart) on the homepage.
  • Display testimonials/reviews on the homepage.
  • Include blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.
  • Promote your product on social platforms and provide those links on footer section
  • Make social links open on new tab.
  • Add terms, shipping and refund/return policies on footer menu.
  • There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
  • You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.
Thanks,
Waytoapps
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
131 15 48

Hi @thehoundhabitat ,

I visited your website. your products and web design are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:

- The homepage is really crucial for a website. The big problem is your home page misses so much information to attract visitors to purchase your products.

+ Add a product section to the home page

+ reviews with realistic images.

+ Testimonials

+ your certificate to make customers trust.

- add a best seller category
- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)

hori_tran_0-1637636864296.png

- Show promotion and a great shipping policy on the top

hori_tran_1-1637636907098.png

- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat and support staff
-  Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and a lower price next to the original one or to attract customers (on both the homepage and the product page)

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)

hori_tran_2-1637637272722.png

- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.
- Add Google Analytics to track customers visiting your site
- lacking favicon

- Footer: add factors that make your customer trust, such as:

+ add your social media

+ "Our Company": About Us, Contact Us, Terms Of Service, Privacy Policy, DMCA Request

+ "Help Center": Size Charts, Payment Methods, Cancellation & Modification, Shipping, Delivery, Track Your Order, Returns and Refunds, FAQs

+ "Get In Touch": mail, support time, warehouse,...

- One thing I noticed while on your website, was that you have Powered by Shopify in your footer. here is how you can remove that:
Step 1. Navigate to your Online Store > Themes section of your admin.
Step 2. In the Action drop-down menu next to your current theme, select Edit Languages.
Step 3. In the Search Translations bar next to Filter please type in "power".
Step 4. Under Powered by Shopify, in the text bar, just put in a single space. This will erase the Powered by Shopify.
In the top right corner, select Save.

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1934 268 1411

Hi @thehoundhabitat    

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store about the store design based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

So I have just gone through your website and here are some of my thoughts about your store in terms of user experience and page design

Plus points:

• Your page layout is quite clear and page content is concise
  • You have a sticky bar which makes navigating through the site easier

That being said, I would like to give you some suggestions for improvement. Hope you find it valuable.

• Homepage:

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 11.46.42 AM.png

Add testimonial - customer reviews

Trust is crucial when it comes to buying online. You can consider buy add some testimonials or review to the home page. This should establish trust with your first-time visitors. It’s even better if you can add photo or social proof.

Rearrange the image and and test

In this section below, you can make the image to have the same height and or add more space to the heading.  

• Product listing page:

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 11.47.57 AM.png

Have secondary hover images for the product list

Provide extra visual information will help customer have a better understanding of the product with just a simple action. This help to trigger customers’ interest and allow them to have a better buying decision.

Add average ratings for each product

​​You should include both the user rating average and number of ratings on the product list items. This is one of the crucial elements for users’ purchasing decisions. They will rely on both to decide whether they should explore further a product.

• Product Page

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 11.48.28 AM.png

Use product images with higher quality

I love that you include many product images in the product page. However, some images are kind of blurry. I think you can improve your image quality for higher page aesthetic.

These are some articles that might give you new ideas for your store:

Personalize Your Product Listing Page https://pagefly.link/JvghSkMt

Personalize Your Homepage: https://pagefly.link/fefPTvgU

BFCM is coming. You can amplify your sales in holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page. PageFly also collaborated with Wilson Ho, Shopify Tech Partner Manager, to create this video that will share you insightful tips to boost sales and reveal secrets to warm your customers up through the whole year. Let's check it out!

Above are some of my initial thoughts on your store and I hope you find something helpful. If you are still looking for a tool to build a great website, I hope you can try our product: PageFly Landing Page Builder.

If these feedbacks about the homepage and collection page are helpful, please give me a "like". Thank you so much and I hope your business is successful!

Cheers!

PageFly!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Pixc
Shopify Partner
545 3 64

Here are three main things you should take a look at first: your data, checkout experience, and site speed.

Understand your data

If you know why you’re not getting conversions, you can easily know what to solve. Data gives you access to the why. Thanks to data analytics you can determine which product page you need to optimize.

Analytics can help you determine your flow of traffic, how well your pages are converting, and which ones are not. 

Understanding your data first is crucial in converting your traffic to sales. Without this, you’ll just end up making changes on your site based on assumptions. 

Make it easy for your customers to checkout

Now that you know where your traffic is coming from, it’s time to take a look at how easy it is for your shoppers to actually make a purchase from your store.

The goal here is to inform the shopper and show them all they need to know to make a confident decision.

Picture this scene: you’re browsing an online store and once you’re ready to checkout, a popup form asking you to sign up appears out of thin air. 

Chances are you’ll just leave.

Here’s how you can optimize your checkout process:

• Reduce your checkout friction
  • Be clear about your shipping and returns policy
  • Increase trust
  • Improve your product page layout

Optimize your site for speed

Alright, let’s say you already ran the test and your results came in. What does it mean you have a slow site?

Page speed refers to the total amount of time it takes your content to load. If your content takes too long to load, users might lose their patience and shop elsewhere. 

According to a Shopify survey, one-second delay in load time equals 11% in pageviews and a 7% drop in conversions

Similarly, your page speed also impacts your overall SEO and your PPC campaigns, potentially increasing your cost-per-click if you’re running Google Ads campaigns. 

Last words

Once you start understanding how your online store works, you will start converting that traffic to sales, especially if you know who your buyer is and how they are interacting with your site. 

That being said, your website and its images need to be optimized or you’ll end up causing your shoppers some frustration. 

In the end, it all boils down to making it easy for your traffic to purchase from your store, effectively turning them into sales. 

As a quick recap, here are some last tips: 

• Analyze your website using Google’s tools.
  • Decrease the size of your product images and other files throughout your site.
  • Reduce your checkout friction by asking for customer feedback and using tools such as HotJar.
  • Become a trustworthy vendor by including trust symbols, updating your social media and having an SSL certificate.
  • Invest in a fast hosting to speed up your site.
Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc