A lot of sessions but no sales !!!…please check out my site and give feedback…

CL94
Tourist
3 0 3

Ive create my own clothing line I get a lot of good feedback people saying they would buy it and wear it and that it’s unique the brand is predicated towards street wear and skaters..but I haven’t got any sales it’s only been a month but I just want to know could I improve to make my site and brand more trustworthy. The link is www.chitomedela.com

Replies 9 (9)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi @CL94.

Thank you for your message, I would be more than happy to provide you with some feedback about your shop.

I really enjoyed learning more about your brand and checking out your awesome product designs. What theme are you using for your store? It looks like you are using a third-party theme, or had this developed for you, am I right in assuming that?

The first thing that stands out to me about the shop is your announcement bar/countdown timer becomes transparent and overlaps with the rest of your shop when scrolling, is this by design? 

While I really like the inclusion of an announcement bar informing your customers of your grand opening sale, this transparency when scrolling may cause some confusion with your customers. I would suggest removing the countdown timer and simply adding a "solid" announcement bar. 

Moving on, your "Search" option is also a little hard to see, you may want to see if you can create a border around your search option:

This will simply be easier to see for your customers in case they want to search for a specific item in your shop.

Your slideshow images are a nice touch, however, this one looks like it is slightly blurry or lower resolution than your other images:

I would recommend referencing our helpful uploading images guide here, for a detailed breakdown of our requirements for uploading images. If you are using a third-party theme, I would recommend reaching out to your themes developer directly to ensure you have the correct image requirements for your theme for optimal resolution. This will help build professionalism and customer trust for your shop. 

Two of your slideshow images offer links to specific product pages, "Accessories" and "New merch:"

this is a great idea to get quick links to specific products for your customers on your homepage, but have you thought about adding these pages directly to your main menu as well? perhaps in a drop-down menu like this:

This would give your customer another avenue for quicker access to specific products or collections they may be looking for. If you are curious how you would add these pages into a drop-down menu, I would recommend checking out our handy guide here, which will help you get set up.

You also mentioned that you were getting lots of traffic but no sales, how are you currently bringing this traffic into the shop, are you running certain marketing and promotion campaigns for your store? When an online store has recently launched, it is not uncommon to receive an abundance of early traffic yet not receive any sales, the trick is learning to capture and retain that traffic. Several reasons play a part in a customer's decision to purchase a product and I would suggest checking out this amazing guide for a full breakdown of what you can ensure you have set up with your store to start converting that traffic into sales. This guide goes over important aspects you need to consider when running an online shop, such as:

1. Is your main navigation easy to use?
  2. Does your visual brand look professional?
  3. Are shoppers adding products to their cart?
  4. Are shoppers abandoning their carts?
  5. How are visitors scrolling, clicking, and searching your website?

Are you getting any customers adding to the cart on your store, or abandoning their carts? I imagine you are closely analyzing your Shopify analytics, as you are aware of the traffic you are receiving, but are you investigating why/if your customers are trying to add products and then leaving their carts behind? A cool third-party app that I like sharing with our merchants is "Lucky Orange," which you can currently download on our app store here for free. I like this app because it can actually record data of where your customers may be getting "stuck" and abandoning their carts or leaving your shop in general. Of course, this does not aid in getting sales, but it can potentially give you more information of what you need to implement to achieve sales rather than have customers visit the shop and leave empty-handed.

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you have, we are always happy to chat!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

iamzaid
Tourist
3 0 1

I am also facing the same issue and I am doing advertisements as well. what changes I can make so that I can make a good profit through store.

CL94
Tourist
3 0 3
You can message me directly at chitomedela@gmail.com.
CL94
Tourist
3 0 3

I see what your saying about the time bar and will correct it. As far as how i get traffic to site is that I use a lot of self marketing so I literally send my site like to individual and post on my social media accounts manually. Also I use a lot of Facebook and Instagram adds as well. Also I have shops on both Pinterest and Instagram…I have my products on Google merchant as well .

Growave
Shopify Partner
1543 52 436

Hi @CL94

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store. One of the most difficult parts about selling clothes online isn't competing with other online competitors, it's competing with offline competitors.  Therefore, I would like to recommend you implement e-commerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Add a Blog Page

Since your store has been launched recently, the blog will make your shop more credible and relatable. The blog will provide new clients with a sense of confidence in their purchases. Also, constantly adding new content to your blog will positively impact SEO, drives traffic to your online store, and keeps audiences in your store.

• Loyalty and Reward program

The loyalty and Rewards program motivates shoppers to engage more meaningfully with the brand. It allows you to strengthen customer relationships, increase repeat purchases, turn your customers into loyal advocates, and treat the most loyal customers with VIP treatments. In general, all those actions are designed to drive high-value purchasing behaviors. On the L&R page, you can include points, referral programs, and VIP tiers. Depends on you. One of the most useful features of the Rewards feature is the Referral program. Use it in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

• Add Reviews

I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop. I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Reviews are a vital part of an online store since credibility is a fundamental basis in any eCommerce. Testimonials have the ability to increase the confidence of new consumers, something essential to reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts. Since you've launched the online shop recently, try to collect them through apps, depending on your budget. Through the app, your customer can leave a photo or text reviews and will be reminded to share opinions whenever you prefer.

• Add Instagram gallery on your Shopify Store

Turn your Instagram content and user-generated content into a shoppable gallery and allow your customers to shop directly from the posts. Showcasing stunning shoppable Instagram galleries across your site will help to increase product discovery, drive inspiration, and boost sales. Link your profile on Instagram to the store and turn your profile visitors into customers. It will drive traffic to your site as well as to your profile. Example:

Screenshot_1.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @CL94This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some suggestions on your store that you can start working on:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Add a call to action button on the banner image. 

- I would recommend you to go for a light theme instead of the dark theme. 

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Add a review section on the product page to build trust with visitors. It also helps to enhance SEO ranking. 

- Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on various activities performed by customers on your store.

Hope this helps!

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
LimeSpotGuru
Shopify Partner
64 1 8

Hi @CL94 

Congratulations on the launch of your store. I just spent some time on your store and here is a bit of feedback I have for you to improve sales:

1. Easier to read font as well as changing the bright green font color to something easier on the eyes.

2. Make the UX great for the customer (use AI-Powered Product Recommendations in all pages so your shoppers don't hit the back button on then browser)

3. Reduce the choice overload by providing a personalized experience for your shoppers. I can help you with this. Please see LimeSpot Personalizer and let me know if I can help you more.

Cheers,

Michelle

- Personalize your website, recommendations, upsell and cross sell with our Personalizer app
- Generate more sales and ROAS with our Google Shopping Ads app
- Visit our blog for tips on how to grow your ecommerce business
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi @CL94.

Thanks for your message.

I am glad to hear you have been actively promoting your store through your social channels and self-marketing. Facebook and Instagram ads are certainly an excellent way to build some traffic. There is a really helpful article that I like sharing with our merchants called "Make your First Sale in 30 days" that I would love to share with you here. It offers further insight into why targetted traffic is essential for store growth and I think it may offer you some additional tips to look into. 

Some of the other helpful posters here have also touched on SEO or "Search engine optimization." Customers who find your online store in a search engine like Google or Firefox are most likely looking for products like yours, so they are more likely to buy something. You want to ensure your shop shows up as high as possible in search engine rankings and looking into your search engine optimization can help you do that. We have a fantastic in-depth guide on SEO that you can take a look at by visiting the link here. 

It can be tough seeing traffic coming in but not seeing any sales come from the visitation, but you are making all the right moves to change this. Keep up the good work and please take a look at these additional resources that will hopefully offer you some further ideas. As always, please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have. 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Dizisi
Excursionist
35 0 11

Three weeks after the discovery, I had the first sale and I am very happy because it happened today. I did not give advertisement on Facebook and Instagram, but I did everything as I wrote yesterday in this article https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Nuances-in-the-strategy-for-Shopify/m-p/1275056

I can't make sure that this and only it helped me, perhaps just lucky, but I believed from the very beginning to my job and here is the first result

Screenshot_85.png