About to publish my site! Anything I should add?

Replies 8 (8)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
202 26 53

Hi, @aimeemorash7!

I've taken a look at your store, and as a first time visitor I really like how easy it is to navigate through your store. This is so important as customers need to be able to find what they're looking for quickly and easily. I also like how clean your store is, both in terms of store design and photography – so well done! I do have a few suggestions that you can consider for your store, too:

1. Adding an About Us page: One thing I noticed about your store is that there isn't yet any About Us page. Creating an About Us page that tells your brand's story or mission is key in introducing your business to prospective customers. It will give you the opportunity to showcase more of what your brand is about, beyond the products, and therefore allows prospective customers to learn and connect more with a brand that they potentially align with. The About Us page of a business tends to be an aspect that gets overlooked, but it's really worthwhile to spend some time in creating one for your store. Check out our handy guide here to help you create your About Us page.

2. Highlighting and showcasing your products on your homepage: I like that you've included a hero image on your homepage! It looks really great, though I also think that it'll be quite good to showcase a hero product too, in particular showcasing its use. You might want to do this either as a hero image on your homepage, or to highlight it on a particular section within your homepage. This will help showcase the product more, especially if you add a different image that showcases the product's usability. Take a look at our homepage design blog here if you need some tips and tricks on homepage design.

3. Remove the Powered by Shopify text: I noticed that you still have this text within the footer of your store. I highly suggest removing this text, as it will allow your store to appear more professional overall. It might seem like a minuscule detail to remove, but the text can draw attention away from your brand and can potentially also distract visitors. This text also links directly to our Shopify website, so this poses as a potential increase to your website's bounce rate, as customers may leave your site and not come back, should they click on this text.

Overall, I think you've done a really great job! Once you're happy with any edits made to your website, you can start to also think about ways to increase your store's traffic. This can be done using paid or unpaid methods. You can market your store and products through setting up a paid marketing campaign on social media for example, or for an unpaid option, think about how you can optimize your store's SEO to increase your store’s discoverability too.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DanSP
Shopify Partner
161 12 40

Hi @aimeemorash7, as I'm checking on your product page, it has some blank lines on your product description, remove them. Your product is missing reviews which are very important for your product that can provide purchase decisions for visitors.

Dan from Ryviu
waytoapps
Navigator
468 37 187

Hello @aimeemorash7 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Make social links open on new tab.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

Its good to have customer review option on the products, so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store. Install Product review app from the Shopify app store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
aimeemorash7
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the website and reply. I found your advice very helpful and I am really looking forward to improving my store with it. Wish you all the best!

aimeemorash7
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you for your advice. I’ve removed them and it has really approved the appearance of my product pages. Have a good day!

aimeemorash7
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you so much, I am fixing these things now. It looks and navigates a lot better.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1126 38 391

Hi @aimeemorash7 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. Consider implementing more eCommerce marketing tools and features to your online store in order to gain more traffic and increase conversions. Here are some suggestions that you can work on. I hope it would help. 

First of all, I would recommend you  add testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof.  Testimonials increase the confidence of new consumers, something essential to reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts.  Also, you can attach next to your  selling items widget with customer  photo / text  reviews.

Add  the  Referral program in order to give your visitors an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you get your first clients, try to gain more orders through existing ones.  

Keep working on expanding the product range. All provided products at your store can be easily purchased at offline Pet Stores, so make sure you offer a choice to your shop visitors.

Make Menu Sticky in  order to make your online shop more user-friendly by keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible at the same position as the user moves around the website. Right now, the menu bar on the head of the store disappears when the user scrolls down which is not convenient. 

Keep working on your developing your Instagram & Facebook Pages. Those platforms are great source of traffic and leads.

F2.png

Implement Social Login, so your customers can log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. It simplifies the login process and enables one-click signup through social media, which makes your store user-friendly. Meanwhile gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis. 

2sl.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard. Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. 

In order to install a free trial, please press here

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Kimi
Shopify Staff
202 26 53

@aimeemorash7

You're very welcome! I'm glad to see that you've also received other feedback since, from our wider Community members!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog