Actually can’t I just use PayPal as the payments

Solved
hiteckhobby
2 0 0

Actually can’t I just use PayPal as the payments instead of giving you a bank account which is prefered?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 86 60

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @hiteckhobby

June here from Shopify.

May I ask where your business is located?

If PayPal is an available payment gateway for you, you're definitely welcome to use it and it alone. I will say that from my experience this can be limiting as some customers prefer to use other methods of payment and/or do not have a PayPal account. If it's possible for you to enable another payment gateway, I say definitely do it!

You mentioned that you're having some difficulty updating your old banking details - is this for using Shopify Payments? If so, and you're being met with the error Old account must match the information we have on file, please reach out to our team via our Help Center (just log in to choose from our available contact options). Once we authenticate your account, we can give you a hand getting those details updated.

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
315 86 60

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @hiteckhobby

June here from Shopify.

May I ask where your business is located?

If PayPal is an available payment gateway for you, you're definitely welcome to use it and it alone. I will say that from my experience this can be limiting as some customers prefer to use other methods of payment and/or do not have a PayPal account. If it's possible for you to enable another payment gateway, I say definitely do it!

You mentioned that you're having some difficulty updating your old banking details - is this for using Shopify Payments? If so, and you're being met with the error Old account must match the information we have on file, please reach out to our team via our Help Center (just log in to choose from our available contact options). Once we authenticate your account, we can give you a hand getting those details updated.

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog