Solved

All feedback regarding my new store is appreciated

al2m4j
Tourist
9 1 1

Hi All,

I launched my new store recently and i've been working hard at getting up to speed on all the different aspects.

I would love your feedback and suggestions regarding my Faith Based apparel store.

2m4J.com (2 minutes for Jesus)

Thank you!

Accepted Solution (1)

PageFly-Garcia
Shopify Partner
454 74 128

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @al2m4j 

I'm Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder app.

Congratulations on your new store! I took a peek at it, and I think it looks nice and straightforward. Based on my experience, I have a few small suggestions that might help improve your sales:

Firstly, I agree with the above feedback, you should Improve your Header and Hero banner. 

PageFlyGarcia_0-1703257800647.png

• The hero banner at the top of your website is the first thing customers see when they visit. To make it really clear what you're offering within just 5 seconds, try moving the heading and the "Call to Action" (CTA) button up to the middle of the first screen. Here is a sample from our free template:

PageFlyGarcia_1-1703257800619.png

• Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation without scrolling down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.
  • The announcement bar will announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store. You should set more highlighted background color, the text is hard to read right now.
  • Moreover, if you want to allow clients to change between slides to see more, you should move this pagination up or add the navigation arrow for this slideshow:
    PageFlyGarcia_2-1703257800479.png
  • One more thing, the Heading and 2 CTA buttons animations are little slow. I think that the customers will scroll down before it fully appears, especially on mobile view. You should consider adjusting the speed of it.

Secondly, you should adjust some UI/UX mistakes on your page to have better customer experiences:

• It’ll be better if you adjust the text which overlaid the picture here. I think it’s hard to scan and read. You should use another color or make your background picture a bit transparent. And the red borders are the area you should to put the text in. According to UX rule, users can not read large-width text, it should be focused on a suitable width to scan easily.
    PageFlyGarcia_3-1703257800543.png
  • A clear and prominent CTA button on your homepage is crucial for an online store. This button guides customers to the most important action you want them to take. You should set hover color on the desktop and more highlighted on mobile.

Thirdly, you can add more content for your site to increase reliability:

• A section about your brand story: Including a section about your brand story can help customers learn more about your business and make your store appear more professional
  • A testimonial - customer reviews: Customer reviews are essential for online shopping. With a page builder app, you can easily add testimonials and product reviews to your page to build trust with potential customers.

Last but not least, you shouldn’t miss out this chance to give some offers for upcoming holidays such as Christmas and New Year. This is a great opportunity for you to boost your sales. I think your products are really related to Christmas. I have some ideas below:

• Add a countdown timer: To create a sense of urgency and encourage them to make the purchase now rather than later. Here is an example from our free template:

PageFlyGarcia_4-1703257800734.png

• Create a sale campaign: To live up your store, highlight your product, and upsell. You can choose to hold "Christmas Flash Sales", "Santa's Secret Gift", …

Hope these suggestions help!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know. I wish you the best of luck with your online venture and Merry Christmas! 

Best regards,

Garcia | PageFly team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Pradeepwaytoapp
Explorer
51 5 11

Hello @al2m4j 

I hope your are doing well and staying safe. There are a few suggestions i would like to make about your store..

• Sticky header is recommended, as it makes it easy for the user to directly jump to the menu at any point of time while they are navigating through the Site.
  • A properly designed and built hero banner can help drive the right kind of customers on your website. Consider a strong message that represents what next step you want your site visitor to do based on their needs along with the CTA button on the banner.
  • Growing your business with a business blog is a great way to market your site. Now that you have some traffic coming to your site through your blog, you have an opportunity to convert that website traffic into leads.
  • Expand your social media promotions and attach those social links to the icons on footer menu. Make sure that social links open on new tab
  • Update contact us page with adding more details, as it builds trust on your store.
  • You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store which provides seamless integration between Shopify-Etsy shop. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more, If you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps

al2m4j
Tourist
9 1 1

thanks! Great feedback!

Gojiberry-Amee
Shopify Partner
183 12 48

Hi AI2m4j 

This is Amee from Gojiberry - Shopify Survey & Feedback App

First of all, your site looks quite nice and well-made. I took a look at your store and have a few suggestions that will help increase your conversion rate: 

1. Call to action button. Add some call-to-action buttons under your products on your landing page, as well as on your product page. Also showcasing a few more products on your landing page helps too. 

2. Connect Social Media. If you already have a growing Instagram account, it would help to connect the feed to your main site, thus giving it more social proof. Research shows that 76% of customers buy products seen on social media posts.  

3. Connecting online with offline. It seems that you are also running a physical store. Make sure to always be telling your customers about your online store, and adding a quick product insert (when packaging your product at checkout) with your online store address helps provide your new customers a chance to purchase again without coming to your physical store. 

4. Testimonials. Try to showcase at least 5 testimonials on your site. Whether it's from friends and family, or your offline store customers. Having some social proof helps boost consumer confidence in your site. 

Ask your customers! (Most effective for increasing conversion) When you have some converting customers, ask them how they found out about your shop. You can easily do so with a post-purchase survey app, and reward your customers with coupons/points to keep them coming back again. Once you find out your strongest marketing channel, focus more effort and money on that.

Hope this helps! 

Amee | Gojiberry Team 

If you like my suggestion please give it a LIKE or mark it as a solution! ★★★★★

Gojiberry - Best post-purchase survey and feedback app for Shopify | Install on App Store for free
Shopify Community is helpful, BUT... why not start asking your customers for feedback instead?

The Ultimate 12 Best Practices to Growing Your Shopify Store

sajini_iweb
15 0 0

Hi @al2m4j 

I have gone through your store and few things caught my attention which I would like to suggest you:

1. On home page, banner image is cropped.
  2. Below the main banner image, the fonts on the 2 images are not visible. Please try to change the font color to any other dark color.

sajini_iweb_0-1702887191053.png

3. Show product recommendations, upsell etc to double sales and enhance customer's shopping experience.

al2m4j
Tourist
9 1 1

Gasper,

I have been working through your suggestions, and I really appreciated the details that you gave me. I have a question posted about how to fix the issue of the fabric colors not showing up. Any suggestions?

PageFly-Garcia
Shopify Partner
454 74 128

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @al2m4j 

I'm Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder app.

Congratulations on your new store! I took a peek at it, and I think it looks nice and straightforward. Based on my experience, I have a few small suggestions that might help improve your sales:

Firstly, I agree with the above feedback, you should Improve your Header and Hero banner. 

PageFlyGarcia_0-1703257800647.png

• The hero banner at the top of your website is the first thing customers see when they visit. To make it really clear what you're offering within just 5 seconds, try moving the heading and the "Call to Action" (CTA) button up to the middle of the first screen. Here is a sample from our free template:

PageFlyGarcia_1-1703257800619.png

• Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation without scrolling down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.
  • The announcement bar will announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store. You should set more highlighted background color, the text is hard to read right now.
  • Moreover, if you want to allow clients to change between slides to see more, you should move this pagination up or add the navigation arrow for this slideshow:
    PageFlyGarcia_2-1703257800479.png
  • One more thing, the Heading and 2 CTA buttons animations are little slow. I think that the customers will scroll down before it fully appears, especially on mobile view. You should consider adjusting the speed of it.

Secondly, you should adjust some UI/UX mistakes on your page to have better customer experiences:

• It’ll be better if you adjust the text which overlaid the picture here. I think it’s hard to scan and read. You should use another color or make your background picture a bit transparent. And the red borders are the area you should to put the text in. According to UX rule, users can not read large-width text, it should be focused on a suitable width to scan easily.
    PageFlyGarcia_3-1703257800543.png
  • A clear and prominent CTA button on your homepage is crucial for an online store. This button guides customers to the most important action you want them to take. You should set hover color on the desktop and more highlighted on mobile.

Thirdly, you can add more content for your site to increase reliability:

• A section about your brand story: Including a section about your brand story can help customers learn more about your business and make your store appear more professional
  • A testimonial - customer reviews: Customer reviews are essential for online shopping. With a page builder app, you can easily add testimonials and product reviews to your page to build trust with potential customers.

Last but not least, you shouldn’t miss out this chance to give some offers for upcoming holidays such as Christmas and New Year. This is a great opportunity for you to boost your sales. I think your products are really related to Christmas. I have some ideas below:

• Add a countdown timer: To create a sense of urgency and encourage them to make the purchase now rather than later. Here is an example from our free template:

PageFlyGarcia_4-1703257800734.png

• Create a sale campaign: To live up your store, highlight your product, and upsell. You can choose to hold "Christmas Flash Sales", "Santa's Secret Gift", …

Hope these suggestions help!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know. I wish you the best of luck with your online venture and Merry Christmas! 

Best regards,

Garcia | PageFly team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.