Alright, the store is up - i need user feedback please!

TeeFenix
Tourist
5 0 3

Hey everyone - launching a t-shirt store over here. it's only been live a few days and im still working on advertising but I am getting a little traffic through social networks so far.  Products being uploaded daily to fill out the catalogs.

https://www.teefenix.com

I'm looking for honest feedback on the site. easy to navigate? too busy? not busy enough? problems loading? do I need more pages or links? Let me know!

I know i need reviews.. im working on that, organic reviews are going to take some time but they will surely help with conversions. I have some coming from family and friends to help with that.

Thanks for any feedback!

- Tee Fenix

Replies 7 (7)
DanBim
Shopify Partner
362 34 87

@TeeFenix I don't see the dimension of your items, how do I know what's size fits with me? Please make your add to cart button look more attractive, it is not stunning. 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Want a reviews app? Ryviu - Aliexpress Reviews app - is a review app, with features to import reviews from Aliexpress, Amazon, Etsy and Dhgate. Trusted by over 40.000+ merchants.

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1267 175 847

Hi @TeeFenix,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store, I have spent some time looking at your store and want to give you some feedback, hope it would be helpful to you:

I- Home page

- You should make a sticky header- a fixed menu bar will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will not need to scroll back and forth anytime they need to visit one page.

Users tend to rely on the search as a fallback strategy when they got stuck, therefore, making an obvious search bar for your website helps reduce users’ anxiety in critical moments when they decide what to do now. 

RichardNguyen_0-1622167690116.png

It is great to use the slideshow to display your best-selling/featured products, however, to make the most out of it and bring the good results, I would recommend the carousels should be made to autorotate, but not too quickly, the autorotation should temporarily pause when hovered and permanently pause after any user interaction.

- Just a small suggestion, you should have product images in the same size to make the site look more professional:

RichardNguyen_1-1622168261089.png

II- Collection page

I would recommend you add secondary images on hover to add extra visual information and help users easily evaluate products.

- Similarly as above, you should make the product images same sizes:

RichardNguyen_2-1622168420877.png

Color is considered an important factor to users’ purchasing decisions, therefore, if color variations are not indicated from the list item, there is a risk that users will overlook the potential products or abandon the site since they do not see their favorite colors mentioned. Therefore, I would recommend you use color swatches to indicate color variations.

You should consider using “Load more” button instead of “Pagination”, this allows users to actively decide whether they need to see more products, and easily assess their favorite products in one page.

III- Product page

I would recommend you use color swatches instead of drop-down color selectors, since when we use color swatches, users will recognize available colors come with your products easier; meanwhile, using drop-down color selectors are overlooked and hide color options.

- When people purchase online, one of the things they would consider is whether the site provides return policy or not. Therefore, you couls consider to display or link to the Return policy on the main product page content.

Besides that, we have a lot of best practices and tips for conversion rate optimization on this guide. Hope you will be interested in.

You can also check out PageFly, we have brought solutions to over 90k merchants in the world, which you can build professional and beautiful stores effectively, without needing any coding knowledge.

For more information, you can consider subscribing to our channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies. The first video about picking winning Dropshipping products in June 2021 is out now! We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time!

Above is my recommendation on your store. If you find it helpful please hit LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION

Best of luck!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

TeeFenix
Tourist
5 0 3

@DanBim Thanks for these suggestions! I had the sizing on a page but the link was in my footer. I left it there, but I added a tab on the product page that shows the info so you dont have to leave the product page for that, its right there.

also changed my checkout button to stand out and match color scheme.

feels much better thanks you!

TeeFenix
Tourist
5 0 3

@RichardNguyen Awesome writeup, thank you for these details. I am taking a look through here, i agree about the image sizes, it will look much better. I've already added the search function back as well. I appreciate the feedback. ill have to look into all of this!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @TeeFenixThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are my suggestions that you can implement in your store:

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Make sure to target the right audience. Run ads targeting the right audience. 

- On the homepage, you can also add a title of 'GET 20% OFF ON FIRST PURCHASE' with a call to action button 'USE CODE FIRST20'.

- There is a blank space in the header menu.

AiTrillion_0-1622191091405.png

- All the images must be aligned to each other in the store. 

AiTrillion_1-1622191370036.png

Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
TeeFenix
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi @AiTrillion 

Thanks for your post, but this looks like a copy and paste from other posts.

"Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns." is copypasta from multiple other posts.

also, i DO have a popup enticing people to join my newsletter for 25% off their order.

"- Make sure to target the right audience. Run ads targeting the right audience. " from what i understand of the forum rules, this is spam. this has no value, i did not ask about advertising, and even explicitly stated that I am still working on advertising.

"- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed." this is copypasta from multiple other posts. We do not ALL have to have the same exact store layout.

"- There is a blank space in the header menu." - thank you, can you explain what this affects or why you mentioned it?

"- All the images must be aligned to each other in the store. " - i think you meant that it would look better. I mustn't do anything. I appreciate that tip, it was mentioned previously.

guys i appreciate actual feedback, but please, no more copypasta. Honest, legit feedback only.

Addyz
Pathfinder
191 4 23

Hi @TeeFenix 

After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.

Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.

You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.

There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.

I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite

This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails. 

If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales