Hello, I have had decent success with my online store but I feel my conversions are low for the traffic I'm seeing. Any input from all of you would be much appreciated and helpful. My main concern is menu organization. Let me know your thoughts.
Hello Anthony (@ant1288),
When you get high traffic and are missing the sales to match, it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).
In your case, you only ship within the USA. Do you have analytics set up? My first thought is that perhaps the incoming traffic is outside of the United States and are unable check out.
Other than that, there are a few things on your website that could be changed to help with your conversion.
First, your banner slideshow at the top. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". With your current setup, your shop button is teeny tiny and tucked away in the corner. The text doesn't draw me in, you are reiterating what the photo already tells me.
Here is an example of what we would recommend for a banner:
I see you have your Facebook page linked to your store, which is great! You can do the same for Instagram as well. With Facebook, I'd recommend tagging your photos so that when you post them on your wall, it's connected to that product on your shop. Making it really easy for a viewer to see something they like and move onto purchasing will help your conversions as well.
The next thing I'd recommend is adding a description to each of your products. It will not only help improve conversions, but it will also help your SEO.
Your SEO can be done on the same page as your product descriptions so make sure to work on your SEO at the same time. We show you how and give you tips in this video:
Overall, I think you've done a really good job with your store. It looks professional, trustworthy and well organized. I would recommend adding in a Home button, most will know to click on your logo, but some wont.
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @ant1288, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, it looks professional and here are some inputs from my side:
- Instagram Feed should be at the last on the homepage.
- Display the collection list on the homepage after the slider images.
- Improvise the product descriptions.
- You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
I am no pro, but visually it is very nice and esthetically pleasing. I love the idea of what you are doing, best of luck to you.
Wow thank you for that detailed review of my site. I appreciate your honesty and thank you for taking the time to outline all of that for me. I will definitely take a look at the app you suggested.
Hey, thank you for taking the time and looking at my site. I always am lost as to what to do for the banner and that makes a lot of sense so thank you for the tip. As for descriptions I have such turn over that some things don't come back in. I neglect them on descriptions which I know is not the right way to go about it and I have to change that. I am linked through instagram so items can be tagged which has been definitely helpful. I also took your tip and added a "Home" button. Once again thank you for the tips and suggestions they are highly appreciated.
I did have a look at this, however, as aforementioned the referenced file "series-template.Liquid" isn't similar to the only inside the Dawn theme as you can see. I can handiest expect the "main-collection-product-grid liquid" file should be used?
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022