appealing page

Solved
mstav2u
Excursionist
16 0 1

I'm wondering how appealing my front page is when I get visitors and maybe what I could do different.  I have so many collections under my shop menu and do you feel it is easy for my shoppers or what else I could do.  I'm kind of new to building on my own and wasn't sure if this is where all my collections should be for the navigation aspect?  Thanks in advance.

mtcreationsjust4ullc.com is my shopify link

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1932 268 1411

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @mstav2u 

Congratulations on your store. This is PageFly -  Advanced Page Builder with 6 years of experience providing conversion rate optimization solutions to more than 100.000 Shopify stores, I would love to give you some recommendations.

On my 1st impression, I like how you have:

- Trendy effect, very eye-catching for the upcoming holiday

- A list of featured collections & feature products

Besides, I have some recommendations:

Add favicon to your store

Having a favicon for your store will make your store have a professional look & help customers easily recognize from their browsers. You can check this article from Shopify for more details 

Improve store logo

From my experience, store logo should be simple but impressive, so visitors can recognize you as a brand => it can help increase the sense of trust. The current logo is rather big and too detailed.

PageFly_0-1634608622614.png

Refine the menu Shop

It can be shorter and more concise: it's very long right now and looks like tags, rather than Categories. The categories should be easily to understand and differentiate. Some visitors might rely on the menu to browse your store and learn what it is about, so I highly recommend you shorten down the list

PageFly_2-1634608878313.png

HOME PAGE

- I love your message but I think an image hero can be more eye-catching and persuade visitors to browse more, this part can be added later in the Home page as a section about your brand.

A highly visual- pleasing hero image can make a great impression about the brand quality.

PageFly_3-1634608912767.png

- 3 suggestions here:

It's probably "FEATURED PRODUCTS"

The images should be in the same sized for organized look

Shorter and more concise product title is recommended, though it might good for SEO but it isn't good for user experience, I think it's going to be hard for shoppers to scan and tell the difference

PageFly_4-1634609002460.png

- Add secondary hover image for the product list: the 2nd image when hover is your 2nd chance to impress the shoppers, giving them a closer look at your products, or show them the product in a use case or a different angles.

Overall, the home page has many small elements, animation, the product images contains many small products, which is quite crowded, so I think an image of your most impressive charm, and hover to see another charm could be nice.

If your theme doesn't support it, you may try our app PageFly (we have a free plan with no time limit so you can try at your own pace). More ideas about how PageFly can help you in this holiday season here if you are interested.

- Add a testimonial / customer reviews: 

If you don't use any review app yet, you can show the testimonial with text like in our Holiday 2021 landing page above 

PRODUCT PAGE

I take this one as an example: https://mtcreationsjust4ullc.com/products/halloween-shoe-charm-sets-reduced-prices-bracelets-shoes-b...

- Move the review section below the product details: I guess your store is rather new, and very a few reviews are available so showing 0 review at the beginning could dissuade your shoppers from reading more and buy the product

PageFly_5-1634609716359.png

- You mentioned 'reduced prices' but it's quite hidden amongst the title & description that the visitors may not read. Setting up original price and discounted price and show both of them will look more attractive: 

PageFly_6-1634609991375.png

- Have a structure for the description and make important information stand out: It's quite long & I guess visitors may not read all of them.

Above is my suggestions for your store. I hope my recommendations will be beneficial for you, if you find it helpful, you can give it a thumb up!

I wish you the best of luck for the upcoming sales season.

PageFly

---

P/S: By the way, the BFCM is on its way. What have you been doing to prepare for it? PageFly collaborated with Wilson Ho, Shopify Tech Partner Manager, to create this video that will share you insightful tips to boost sales and reveal secrets to warm your customers up through the whole year. Let's check it out!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

View solution in original post

SajiniAnnieJohn
Shopify Partner
45 2 9

Hello @mstav2u 

I have visited your store and would like to give you some suggestions that might help you to get better conversions.

• Add a sticky header menu to make it easy for customers in accessing the options.
  • It would be great if you make a clear logo of your brand.
  • Include a CTA (Call to Action) button on the collections.
  • Add more customer reviews to win the trust of customers.
  • Product descriptions are too long.

Hope my feedback helps you!

Sajini Annie John | iCart Team
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Mac
Shopify Staff
172 17 23

Hi, @mstav2u

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to share some feedback on your shop!

I enjoyed looking through your products and it looks like you have a lot of great options for your customers. You mentioned that you are looking to improve the navigation aspect of your store. This is a great opportunity to allow your customers to find what they are searching for more efficiently. For instance, instead of having a whole list of your collections in the dropdown Shop menu, you can sort your collections into main categories and link them directly to your navigation bar. For example, you can incorporate the bracelets, shoe accessories, shoe charm set, buckle shoe charm collections and can put in one category called Accessories on your navigation menu. Feel free to check out our Help Center guide on how you can add menu items to your online store menus to build your store's navigation.

Another suggestion would be to remove the black background on your logo. It’s suggested that you use a transparent version so that you don't have to worry about your logo's background clashing or competing with its surroundings. Feel free to check out this free background remover and upload your logo. 

I suggest introducing some branding material to your homepage in order to create emotional connections with your visitors. This can be done in a variety of ways through slideshows, or displaying custom shoppable Instagram feeds on your Shopify store. 

You can also add Shopify Inbox to your shop. This app allows you to interact with potential customers and provide tailored recommendations if they have any questions regarding your artwork or shipping. This is done through a chat option that is located directly on your store and integrates with other messaging channels like Facebook Messenger and Apple Business Chat. Take a look at our Shopify Inbox Guide on how to set this up. 

I’d love to know more about your business! Do you have any current marketing initiatives to help bring customers to your store?

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Replies 7 (7)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1932 268 1411

Hi @mstav2u 

Congratulations on your store. This is PageFly -  Advanced Page Builder with 6 years of experience providing conversion rate optimization solutions to more than 100.000 Shopify stores, I would love to give you some recommendations.

On my 1st impression, I like how you have:

- Trendy effect, very eye-catching for the upcoming holiday

- A list of featured collections & feature products

Besides, I have some recommendations:

Add favicon to your store

Having a favicon for your store will make your store have a professional look & help customers easily recognize from their browsers. You can check this article from Shopify for more details 

Improve store logo

From my experience, store logo should be simple but impressive, so visitors can recognize you as a brand => it can help increase the sense of trust. The current logo is rather big and too detailed.

PageFly_0-1634608622614.png

Refine the menu Shop

It can be shorter and more concise: it's very long right now and looks like tags, rather than Categories. The categories should be easily to understand and differentiate. Some visitors might rely on the menu to browse your store and learn what it is about, so I highly recommend you shorten down the list

PageFly_2-1634608878313.png

HOME PAGE

- I love your message but I think an image hero can be more eye-catching and persuade visitors to browse more, this part can be added later in the Home page as a section about your brand.

A highly visual- pleasing hero image can make a great impression about the brand quality.

PageFly_3-1634608912767.png

- 3 suggestions here:

It's probably "FEATURED PRODUCTS"

The images should be in the same sized for organized look

Shorter and more concise product title is recommended, though it might good for SEO but it isn't good for user experience, I think it's going to be hard for shoppers to scan and tell the difference

PageFly_4-1634609002460.png

- Add secondary hover image for the product list: the 2nd image when hover is your 2nd chance to impress the shoppers, giving them a closer look at your products, or show them the product in a use case or a different angles.

Overall, the home page has many small elements, animation, the product images contains many small products, which is quite crowded, so I think an image of your most impressive charm, and hover to see another charm could be nice.

If your theme doesn't support it, you may try our app PageFly (we have a free plan with no time limit so you can try at your own pace). More ideas about how PageFly can help you in this holiday season here if you are interested.

- Add a testimonial / customer reviews: 

If you don't use any review app yet, you can show the testimonial with text like in our Holiday 2021 landing page above 

PRODUCT PAGE

I take this one as an example: https://mtcreationsjust4ullc.com/products/halloween-shoe-charm-sets-reduced-prices-bracelets-shoes-b...

- Move the review section below the product details: I guess your store is rather new, and very a few reviews are available so showing 0 review at the beginning could dissuade your shoppers from reading more and buy the product

PageFly_5-1634609716359.png

- You mentioned 'reduced prices' but it's quite hidden amongst the title & description that the visitors may not read. Setting up original price and discounted price and show both of them will look more attractive: 

PageFly_6-1634609991375.png

- Have a structure for the description and make important information stand out: It's quite long & I guess visitors may not read all of them.

Above is my suggestions for your store. I hope my recommendations will be beneficial for you, if you find it helpful, you can give it a thumb up!

I wish you the best of luck for the upcoming sales season.

PageFly

---

P/S: By the way, the BFCM is on its way. What have you been doing to prepare for it? PageFly collaborated with Wilson Ho, Shopify Tech Partner Manager, to create this video that will share you insightful tips to boost sales and reveal secrets to warm your customers up through the whole year. Let's check it out!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

SajiniAnnieJohn
Shopify Partner
45 2 9

Hello @mstav2u 

I have visited your store and would like to give you some suggestions that might help you to get better conversions.

• Add a sticky header menu to make it easy for customers in accessing the options.
  • It would be great if you make a clear logo of your brand.
  • Include a CTA (Call to Action) button on the collections.
  • Add more customer reviews to win the trust of customers.
  • Product descriptions are too long.

Hope my feedback helps you!

Sajini Annie John | iCart Team
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Mac
Shopify Staff
172 17 23

Hi, @mstav2u

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to share some feedback on your shop!

I enjoyed looking through your products and it looks like you have a lot of great options for your customers. You mentioned that you are looking to improve the navigation aspect of your store. This is a great opportunity to allow your customers to find what they are searching for more efficiently. For instance, instead of having a whole list of your collections in the dropdown Shop menu, you can sort your collections into main categories and link them directly to your navigation bar. For example, you can incorporate the bracelets, shoe accessories, shoe charm set, buckle shoe charm collections and can put in one category called Accessories on your navigation menu. Feel free to check out our Help Center guide on how you can add menu items to your online store menus to build your store's navigation.

Another suggestion would be to remove the black background on your logo. It’s suggested that you use a transparent version so that you don't have to worry about your logo's background clashing or competing with its surroundings. Feel free to check out this free background remover and upload your logo. 

I suggest introducing some branding material to your homepage in order to create emotional connections with your visitors. This can be done in a variety of ways through slideshows, or displaying custom shoppable Instagram feeds on your Shopify store. 

You can also add Shopify Inbox to your shop. This app allows you to interact with potential customers and provide tailored recommendations if they have any questions regarding your artwork or shipping. This is done through a chat option that is located directly on your store and integrates with other messaging channels like Facebook Messenger and Apple Business Chat. Take a look at our Shopify Inbox Guide on how to set this up. 

I’d love to know more about your business! Do you have any current marketing initiatives to help bring customers to your store?

mstav2u
Excursionist
16 0 1

Thank you for all the advice and information.  I am going to work on my store more tomorrow.  I was going to move my reviews to show under my product but I have looked everywhere to see how I do it.  I remember being asked when I sat up my store, but can you help me with this?  I have the debut theme and it's probably something simple I may be overlooking, but I can't find the option to do it.  Thanks again for all the great advice.

Marilyn

mstav2u
Excursionist
16 0 1

Thank you for the great advice and I'll be working more on my store tomorrow and use some things you mentioned.  

Marilyn

mstav2u
Excursionist
16 0 1

Thank  you for taking the time to look at my store and give me some advice.  I have received great advice from a few people and I'll be working more on my store tomorrow and am going to integrate a lot of what was advised in my store.  Your advice is well appreciated and I'll see how it all goes tomorrow as I try to make changes to attract my customers more.  Thank you again.

Marilyn

Mac
Shopify Staff
172 17 23

Hi again, @mstav2u

I'm so glad you received some great feedback on your store. I'm happy to hear that you will be implementing this feedback and improving your store. After doing so, feel free to review our Shopify Store Launch Checklist as this is a great tool that will ensure that you have your Shopify store all set up and ready for customers to make purchases on. In other words, having a finished product, that includes having your media, shipping and check out all in working order.

You can also check out our article that goes over how to increase your conversion rate and drive traffic to your store. Check our Shopify Blog on Conversion Rate Optimization and How to Increase Web Traffic as they will help ensure your store is as ready as possible to increase sales.

Feel free to reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!