appreciate some feeedback

pross
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello to all,

I've just launched my online shop [link] -  - I am using the Debut theme. 

Its been  2 days - no traffic yet and no sales to date. so early days, but I would really appreciate some feedback on how to improve the appearance.

I have linked to google and Bing seo - wondering how long it takes them to parse the site too before I come up in a search?

Many thanks

0 Likes

Hey There!

Just a few notes:

- You have capitalized all the headers other than your blog. I would consider changing the text for that navigation link to match (Nuunen Blog) or even just Blog. 

- Your writing style is professional but a lot of the sentences are very long.  I'd try to mix that up - shorter sentences, some mid, some long.  It creates a better pace when reading and helps those who want to skim (which let's face it, we are all prone to doing from time to time).  

- From a consumer's perspective, I don't know if using the word "new site" and "new company" are doing you any favors.  Even if you are brand new, I wouldn't necessarily lead with that.  

- Contact info:  The only contact info I can find on the site is the form which has no other text.  It looks like you are in the UK so I don't know if google's normal requirements apply but I would assume they do. I know I got a notice that my site didn't have enough contact information - they generally want at least (2) of the following: phone number, email address, mailing address.   As a customer, I would at least want an actual email address though you'd have to be prepared for spam as sites and sales people will see it and blow up your inbox.  Personally I use a contact form, an email address, and a mailing address (I rented a PO box) for my site. 

Brittany
Tripping Cherry Apparel Co

Here is some feedback. The first thing I notice is £55 for a soap dish... who are you targeting for that price point? Also the site design does not match that price point. Your site looks basic and your price point says not basic. Work on designing a site that can ask someone to pay £55 for a soap dish.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. All products I saw had 2 images

2. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1110 128 244

Hey, @pross

First of all, congratulations on getting started with Shopify. I gotta say, you're off to a good start in regards to the design and appearance of your online store. With some additional content and tweaks, you'll be on your way to success! Here are some of my recommendations:

I think your homepage is thin in content. By incorporating features collections and more iamgery on your homepage, it will make it look more active, professional, and full of great products. We have a great guide called Homepage Design 101 which is a go-to for getting started with Shopify design.

Your product images are fantastic but the actual content on the pages are fairly thin, especially your product descriptions. We have a guide on 9 examples of engaging product descriptions that I recommend checking out.

Also, I think a photo reviews app would be great for your product pages. This allows customers to review your products and even take pictures of the product in their homes. It's great to build trust and authority, but it's also free visual content that you will get on your product pages of people showing how you8r products look like in their bathroom, bedroom, etc. Reviews Bump has a free plan that is available for getting started. It's worth checking out.

I hope that helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

pross
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks Brittany for the great suggestions. you made some good points which I will start addressing. I think that your right on the "new" aspect too. There appears to be little benefit other than to advertise newness which doesnt inspire trust straight off the mark.

pross
Tourist
5 0 1

Cheers for your feedback Duane, I have taken what you say into consideration and will go through the now accumulating list of to-do's.

Great 4 points, many thanks.

0 Likes