Brand new store - looking for feedback from experienced sellers! Thank you!

CharlotteNorth
4 0 0

Hello everyone!

My name is Charlotte and I recently launched my very first POD store. I'm hella nervous about it but I've done my best! 

I'd love some feedback on:

- General first impressions of my store. Is it attractive to look at? (I know this may be tricky as the theme might not be to everyones taste!) Easy to figure out? Does anything immediately stand out (good or bad)?

- Ease of use/navigation - does the layout make sense? - I wanted a dropdown menu to start but the theme I've chosen doesn't seem to support one or so I haven't seen so far but I'm content with the current menu system for now!

- If you were looking to purchase, would you feel compelled to buy anything?

- I've had a look at creating an email subscription pop up but I'm still struggling to figure that out so you may or may not see a popup 🤷‍♀️

My store - https://northonwards.com/ 

Thank you so much in advance! 

Replies 9 (9)
CharlotteNorth
4 0 0

Hi @MaxxyDee !

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look and reply. Stoked on the good points you mentioned and so happy to hear I'm not far off!! 😄

I've changed my menu as suggested, I think it looks much cleaner so hopefully will create an easier/better experience for customers.

I actually do have a logo that features on my products, shipping labels etc blah blah but whenever I add it to the homepage banner it gets blown up huge and looks awful! Something I need to fix for sure if having it on my banner will give a better impression.

The sales funnel is probably the thing I'm struggling most with, I'm running facebook ads so just hoping that visitors will start converting! Managed to figure out the email popup thing (yay) so hopefully its attractive enough for people to want to sign up 🙂

Thanks again, I may be in touch if I can't figure out the sales funnel thing 😬

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @CharlotteNorth,

Congratulations on pushing through the nerves and launching your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

north-onwards-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

PRODUCTS
As you know, products like hoodies, t-shirts, mugs, etc. can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a mug or a hoodie in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

Also, we published a video yesterday on currently trending POD products to print on that you might want to take a look at:

POD TIP
I'd recommend comparing several POD websites for which offers the best profit margins. You can and may choose to have a different supplier for each product.

When searching, compare Gooten, Printify, Teelaunch and Printful for the best price so that you can offer your audience a great price and still be able to make a decent profit as well.

Printful: https://apps.shopify.com/printful
Printify: https://apps.shopify.com/printify
Gooten: https://apps.shopify.com/gooten
Teelaunch: https://apps.shopify.com/teelaunch-1

SHIPPING
As a quick note, you have First Name as optional, I'd adjust that to be a required field.
You also need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
If you are concerned that displaying longer shipping times will turn people off, what I would say is long-term, you want happy customers so it's better to say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Ireoluwa
Pathfinder
119 4 10

Ireoluwa_0-1626393742882.png

Checking this your sign-up form, this is catchy enough to get users so well to sign up. 

As my colleague said, working on the sales funnel. Also, you saying you are running Facebook ads. while not finish setting up the sales funnel cause It will be more like you are fetching water inside a basket. The main aim is getting sales, getting the sales funnel flows,

The flows include the abandoned cart, browse abandonment, customer win-back, and many more. These categories have their own features which will give you all the best to convert your visitor to sales once they are optimized You can directly talk to me by click here, in case you don't get your way out of it or want to have more view  Best Regards.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @CharlotteNorthThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

Some good points:

• Good product page layout
  • Good design

- Having a good brand logo will help you with branding. Add a brand logo.

- You can add a sticky header to make your store easier to navigate.

- Newsletter signup Popup is coming again & again. Fix that. It might lead to a high bounce rate. You can disable or set the behavior or time of it from the settings. If not, then you can try the app AiTrillion and do the settings of timing to show popup, the page you want to show a popup, and everything else simply. 

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors and will increase the authenticity of your brand. 

- Give product recommendations by personalizing the customers' shopping experience. On the homepage, add a section of trending and new arrival products. 

Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.

You can work on the above mentioned suggestions, it will help you to make a better store and increase customer engagement which will help you to drive conversions.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hi @CharlotteNorth 

I would like to suggest few improvements for your store to increase traffic and to change traffic to conversion.

No testimonials in home page .Try to add in homepage.

Wishlist for later icon is usually displayed on product lists, product pages, cart and in account details to help browsers save products for buying later. Move Wishlist to product page and place it beside add to cart. Often these are marked with a heart or star button on each product.

Reduce space in product page below the product images. You can move customer reviews to this empty space.
Untitled.png

With the Recently Viewed Products your customers can easily and directly get back to the items they were looking .Try to add it in your website .

Add social login .It helps in simplify the registration and eliminate manual registration process so that it does not take to long for people to sign up.

You can Add Trust Badges at your product page.

The Rewards system is to attract the customers to stay connected with your product or service. If you want to win customer loyalty, then one sure shot way is to introduce the reward scheme. 
You can offer rewards for Registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more.

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
CharlotteNorth
4 0 0

Hi @AiTrillion !

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at my store and reply. Its greatly appreciated!

I've fixed the subscriber popup so it shouldn't pop up as often - oops! I didn't realise I'd set it to a constant thing. I feel like its better and less pushy now.

I have a logo that's across all of my products and labels etc but I've been having trouble putting it in the header without it being blown up and looking awful! I'm working on fixing this.

And I'll definitely look at creating a review carousel to the homepage, great idea. I don't have any reviews though right now, I didn't want to create fake ones, any suggestions?

Thank you!

CharlotteNorth
4 0 0

Hi @Ireoluwa !

Thanks for your feedback - so happy my subscriber alert is catchy enough! I checked this morning and I actually have 2 new email subscribers! 😄

A few other people have mentioned the sales funnel so I'm doing a lot of research and learning a lot about how to optimize that right now, thank you!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @CharlotteNorth,

You're welcome. You can check this thread: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/How-to-add-logo-and-store-name-in-the-header/td-p/495....

For collecting more reviews you can send review request emails and review reminders or add a review popup. To implement this you can try the app AiTrillion.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Clayton_Bates
Shopify Expert
1165 92 302

Hi @CharlotteNorth 

Clayton Bates here from Shopify Experts. 

I noticed your checkout page doesn't have your logo and isn't consistent with the rest of the site. 

Here is good video that shows you how to update that page 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRou9ME_WHo&t=428s

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW