brand-spanking new website! - feedback please

Collectiblezoo
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi, 

I finally got my feet wet & made my site live, yay!!! 

Please go to: www.collectiblezoo.com 

I would really appreciate some feedback also I have not 

sold anything yet & was also hoping somebody here could 

please point me in the right direction & give me some tips on how to drive traffic

without having to shell out a lot of $

... I'm a total newbie & this is my very first website. 

Thanks for your time!  🙂

Replies 6 (6)
Growave
Shopify Partner
1526 49 434

Hi @Collectiblezoo 

Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on opening a new store. All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. I would recommend you update some features and implement e-commerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Update photos

Invest in displayed photos and use professional camera equipment and lighting

• Implement Social Login 

Social Login provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account within one click through social media account. It simplifies the login process and enables one-click signup. Also, gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

• Add Loyalty and Reward program

Loyalty and Rewards program motivates shoppers to engage more meaningfully with the brand. It allows you to strengthen customer relationships, increase repeat purchases, turn your customers into loyal advocates, and treat the most loyal customers with VIP treatments. In general, all those actions are designed to drive high-value purchasing behaviors. On the L&R page, you can include points, referral programs, and VIP tiers. Depends on you. One of the most useful features of the Rewards feature is the Referral program. Use it in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

• Add Reviews

I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop. I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Reviews are a vital part of an online store since credibility is a fundamental basis in any eCommerce. Testimonials have the ability to increase the confidence of new consumers, something essential to reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts. Since you've launched the online shop recently, try to collect them through apps, depending on your budget. Through the app, your customer can leave a photo or text reviews and will be reminded to share opinions whenever you prefer.

• Add Wishlist

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. This is a non-obvious feature that extremely scales your purchases. Since you offer various designs and color options, I recommend adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Moreover, you can analyze the data to see what items people save for later and what items they actually buy

DD.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

Arjun231
6 0 0

Hello @Collectiblezoo 

Feedback on: www.collectiblezoo.com

My feedback goes this

This website is very good and responsive for any visitors that badge in, but you did few mistakes that might reduce the flows of sales. 

*Get more than 1 payment method to the site

*Try to Integrate social media Icon to it

*Install chat bot app for customer support

Concerning getting sales, you will need to run either 3 of the strategy

* Social media marketing

* Email Marketing/ SMS Marketing

* Google marketing

With this you can develop your store traffic and convert the customer with flows of messages. Traffic from unauthorized app won't fetch you sales.

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1267 175 847

Hi @Collectiblezoo ,

I'm Richard Nguyen from PageFly. I want to give you some comments from my experience in CRO method.

You can refer to this article to get more tips to personalize your e-commerce store. Or this guide to know how to optimize conversion rate for your store.

First of all, I advice you to add a favicon icon to your store. Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this Shopify article to know how to add it

Now let's take a look at your store. I want to give you some comments on your homepage. Because you know, homepage is the most important page to drive your customers' attraction in your store. No matter what the demand is, people are more likely to start their journey from a homepage.

You have a so cute homepage. I thought the page has lots of code but it loads very well. 

1)

I think the horizontal menu navigation is unnecessary. You already have a vertical one and it's more prominent and it has the search field. Customers will prefer it. It would be great if you can keep the vertical menu fixed while customers browse your site so that they always can access the menu navigation no matter where they are landing on.

Maybe you should check social links on the menu. Facebook link isn't linking to your store account.

2)

Make words on banner image clickable button so that when someone click on it, they can go to corresponding collection page. This will help increase the conversion rate.

3)

The section "Feature collection" causes misleading.

Collectible Zoo - Collectible vintage toys- dolls & collectibles from 1950's to 1980's 2021-08-12 15-47-59.png

When seeing that title, I think you will show product categories in your store, but you show products. So the title should be "Feature products".

Also, making product images have the same size will help your site look more professional.

Finally, you should consider adding a secondary image on each product image. This will help customers be able to see more images of this product when hovering on it. This partly helps increase the conversion rate.

4)

Show off your feature products

You can add some sections that show your products on the homepage. These featured products can be on-sales, arrivals, best-sellers… Visitors are often curious about products like that and they will click to learn more. This can help you increase conversion rate and therefore, increase sales.

5)

Add product reviews/ testimonials

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. You can check this guide to know more about its benefits and how to make it effective. 

It would be great if you have video testimonials!

You can use third-party reviews apps such as: LooxYotpo, or Judge.me, etc. PageFly integrates with these apps. Check the best review apps you should try here

6)

Add newsletter section.

A newsletter can be placed on the bottom of the home page or you can put it on the footer. Having a newsletter on your site, customers can subscribe to their emails to receive product information, any sales campaign, etc from your store. This is a good way to keep in touch with your customers and increase engagement.

If you find my comment helpful, please tell me know by giving it a like. Thank you!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @CollectiblezooThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I've reviewed your store and here's my feedback:

- Add quick links in the footer menu. It includes privacy, shipping, returns & refund policy, about us page. 

- Add a favicon. 

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. 

- Add a trending and new arrivals products on the homepage. Give product recommendations by personalizing the customers shopping experience. 

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors. 

- Add a review section on the product page. It enhances SEO and ranking.

- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar so customers can take an action on it.

- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

Hope this helps! You can start implementing the above suggestions and add these tools in your store to drive conversions. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Hi @Collectiblezoo,

Nick here from Shopify. Congrats on getting your store upa nd running, that is an achievement in itself! I did see a few things you can add or adjust to help take it to the next level. Let's take a look a them below:

• Favicon - This is something quite small but definitley goes a long way. The favicon is something your customers will spot as it is in the tab now but it is also not too difficult to add as it doesn't require any code edits. It will give potential customers an extra level of assurance for your brand with a more complete web experience. You can see the Shopify tutorial for how to add a Favicon to your store from the YouTube video below. 
  • Story/ About Us - I can easily tell that you're very passionate about your store and products especially through the Catalog selections. I think by adding an About Us tab in the main menu and telling your story more about why Collectible Zoo was started and your passion for toys. People can related to stories and helps them buy into the brand overall which makes them want to then purchase from you. It's relatable and personable and goes a long way to building your brand over time. The content team at Shopify wrote a great blog which discusses how to do this in detail here
  • Discount code - A good way to entice sales for a new store is by having a discount code for first time buyers. This eases them into making one purchase and once they are happy with that, they will more likely purchase again knowing the comfort of your store being able to deliver what's promised. You can see the guide for how to add discount codes here and if you wanted to let people know when they got to your store about the discount, a good way to do this is via an announcement bar. There are lots of free apps for announcement bars which you can see in the Shopify app store here

I hope this helps and gives you some guidance, if you have any other questions about Shopify or anything I mentioned above, don't hesitate to ask! 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hi @Collectiblezoo 

Congrats on your first store! 

• Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly.
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 
  • add a blog that would be a cool way to add some organic traffic and feature some of your products. Your store is very niche. SEO is a slow build with a blog but worth the free traffic if done right. 
  • I would also add some customer reviews, of course as you get them 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners