FROM CACHE - en_header

Can I get feedback on my store please?

Solved
gdrusa
1 0 2

Its been a week since we've launched & we've gotten some foot traffic thanks to a Pinterest ad (had to pause it). But no sales and I don't know why. www.galeria-de-ric.com

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2781 388 1735

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @gdrusa, It's PageFly - Best Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations based on 6 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 merchants can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

I like how you have:

• High quality images
  • Have secondary hover images
  • Have clear Refund information

However, I have some feedback and hope this helps:

ADD FAVICON TO YOUR STORE

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/images/add-favicon to know how to add it.

HAVE ANNOUCEMENT BAR

If you are running any sale campaign (which I know you are from the home page slide) you can mention it on the announcement bar, or mention Free shipping as a unique selling point, it can capture the attention of the visitor.

ABOUT HOME PAGE

- The above-the-fold area doesn't say much about your store and the menu is huge

=> Reduce the menu's height so the visitors can see more of your banner.

=> Instead of Catalog in the menu, you might add several items like Fine Arts, Decor, Kids, Men, Women...

=> Add CTA to the slideshow, for example: Explore the collection (below the text Decorate with Confidence - Fall Sale): 

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

PageFly_0-1630373584425.png

- You can use this section to tell more about the benefits to buy from you: For example, high quality product, 30-day money back guarantee...

PageFly_1-1630373756682.png

- Add section about your brand story: A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. It can be below the Product: Knit Throw Blanket

PRODUCT PAGE:

- Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product review to the page in ease ways

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

COLLECTION PAGE:

- The layout is nice to look at, all your images have nice color, which makes a great combination, however, it lacks of focus, I don't know where to look at and don't know what should I do =>If possible you can try adding CTA button under each product, so it can be a clear guidance for your visitor (like See details, or Add to Cart)

PageFly_2-1630374150763.png

If your theme doesn't allow adding CTA button, I hope you can take look at our product - PageFly Landing Page Builder. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope you can give us a try.

CART PAGE

- If you may, check if you have abandoned cart, because I think this can be the reason: there're many buttons on the cart page, all are equally outstanding, which means it's hard to detect which one is the primary (especially on mobile) => Turn Update Cart in the secondary (Brown text, white background), and Hide all the buttons like ShopPay, PayPal... just simple say that ShopPay, PayPal and GPay is available at check out.

PageFly_3-1630374484456.png

In summary, the main areas that should be improved are: Adding testimonials and reviews, showing that your brand is authentic by showing information about you (store owner) and brand story, find places to mention the benefits of shoppers when they buy from you, highlight your sale campaign.

If you find my comment useful, please let me know by giving it a Like. Thank you in advance and Have a wonderful day!

PageFly.

---------

One way to get more MQL (marketing qualified lead). You should try to offer any giveaways on your web (discount code, free sample, etc) to get their email and then remarketing that list to convert. Email marketing is really essential when running a store.  Before ending this comment, I'd like to share this useful webinar with you!

This Sep 5th, at 9 PM (EST) we are having Seguno & ReConvert answer all email marketing-related questions in the newest Unpack webinar: Email Marketing - Not A Monologue. In this webinar we talk about common mistakes when running an email marketing campaign and Q&A session with experts to leverage your email marketing effectiveness We only take 100 first sign-ups. Be one and be our guest

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online. 

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2781 388 1735

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @gdrusa, It's PageFly - Best Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations based on 6 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 merchants can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

I like how you have:

• High quality images
  • Have secondary hover images
  • Have clear Refund information

However, I have some feedback and hope this helps:

ADD FAVICON TO YOUR STORE

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/images/add-favicon to know how to add it.

HAVE ANNOUCEMENT BAR

If you are running any sale campaign (which I know you are from the home page slide) you can mention it on the announcement bar, or mention Free shipping as a unique selling point, it can capture the attention of the visitor.

ABOUT HOME PAGE

- The above-the-fold area doesn't say much about your store and the menu is huge

=> Reduce the menu's height so the visitors can see more of your banner.

=> Instead of Catalog in the menu, you might add several items like Fine Arts, Decor, Kids, Men, Women...

=> Add CTA to the slideshow, for example: Explore the collection (below the text Decorate with Confidence - Fall Sale): 

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

PageFly_0-1630373584425.png

- You can use this section to tell more about the benefits to buy from you: For example, high quality product, 30-day money back guarantee...

PageFly_1-1630373756682.png

- Add section about your brand story: A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. It can be below the Product: Knit Throw Blanket

PRODUCT PAGE:

- Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product review to the page in ease ways

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

COLLECTION PAGE:

- The layout is nice to look at, all your images have nice color, which makes a great combination, however, it lacks of focus, I don't know where to look at and don't know what should I do =>If possible you can try adding CTA button under each product, so it can be a clear guidance for your visitor (like See details, or Add to Cart)

PageFly_2-1630374150763.png

If your theme doesn't allow adding CTA button, I hope you can take look at our product - PageFly Landing Page Builder. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope you can give us a try.

CART PAGE

- If you may, check if you have abandoned cart, because I think this can be the reason: there're many buttons on the cart page, all are equally outstanding, which means it's hard to detect which one is the primary (especially on mobile) => Turn Update Cart in the secondary (Brown text, white background), and Hide all the buttons like ShopPay, PayPal... just simple say that ShopPay, PayPal and GPay is available at check out.

PageFly_3-1630374484456.png

In summary, the main areas that should be improved are: Adding testimonials and reviews, showing that your brand is authentic by showing information about you (store owner) and brand story, find places to mention the benefits of shoppers when they buy from you, highlight your sale campaign.

If you find my comment useful, please let me know by giving it a Like. Thank you in advance and Have a wonderful day!

PageFly.

---------

One way to get more MQL (marketing qualified lead). You should try to offer any giveaways on your web (discount code, free sample, etc) to get their email and then remarketing that list to convert. Email marketing is really essential when running a store.  Before ending this comment, I'd like to share this useful webinar with you!

This Sep 5th, at 9 PM (EST) we are having Seguno & ReConvert answer all email marketing-related questions in the newest Unpack webinar: Email Marketing - Not A Monologue. In this webinar we talk about common mistakes when running an email marketing campaign and Q&A session with experts to leverage your email marketing effectiveness We only take 100 first sign-ups. Be one and be our guest

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online. 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @gdrusaThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store better and drive conversions to your store:

- Reduce the blank space in the header.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Issue with navigation - Make your store easy to navigate. Add a sticky header with a drop-down menu. If your store will be easy to navigate it will help you to reduce the bounce rate.

- Instead of making customers scroll down to view multiple images of the product on the product page, display it in a slider manner. 

- Improve this section and make use of drop down menu to select from the options. 

AiTrillion_0-1630413520996.png

- Make your announcement bar clickable and add a call to action button on it so customers can take an action on it.

- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

Setup web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

Hope this helps!

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @gdrusa!  

I understand your frustration. You’ve put the work in, paid for ads, saw traffic, but...there are no sales. Let’s see what we can do!

Maximize that first impression

When I first come to your website, here’s what I see: 

LuckyDanny_0-1630424494344.png

I don’t know if you were leading people to your homepage or a product page, but if it landed on the homepage, there would be some confusion. That’s a nice hero image, but what do you sell? Does your announcement bar mean that you sell to customers in USA, Europe and Asia? Do you use products from there?  There’s no context.

Now, let’s dive in further…

Quick fixes
These are things that won’t necessarily make or a break a sale, but they can impact your visitors:

• Add a favicon
  • Link every time you mention an email address
  • Add a contact form (name, email address, message) to your Contact Us page

Fix the announcement bar
The announcement bar stands out, which is excellent. It needs to highlight a message though, like “Free shipping for limited time” or “Get 20% off on all fall decor” that then links to either an all products collection or a specific collection. If you use the announcement bar well, it can really pay off. Also, make sure it shows across all pages.

Minimize white space in the header

There is a lot of padding in your header, which in turn produces excess white space. I would shrink your logo a bit (it’s a little pixelated) and shrink some of the padding at the top and bottom. 

Focus on one hero image

One hero is preferred rather than multiple. It focuses your visitor’s attention on one message rather than being distracted by multiple. While I like the fall image, it doesn’t tell your visitors enough about what you sell. It also needs a CTA people can click to see your products.

Optimize the homepage

I know that optimize can be a scary word for new merchants, but trust me when I say you can do it. All you need to do is use visitor behavior. See how far visitors scroll and where they click with heatmaps. In this case, you want to see what information they are missing and how they move around your store. 

In particular:

• Why only feature two collections? I would feature a few more to make it a more rounded collection highlight.
  • Are people ordering from the homepage? This is a common template, but that doesn’t mean it’s successful. If no one is clicking on the Knit Throw Blanket from the homepage, you can remove it completely. 

Fill the gaps in the footer

Your About US page is blank (oops!) and you’re missing pages for shipping and privacy information. I would also re-order the list to be: Contact Us, Refund policy, Shipping policy, Privacy Policy, Terms or Service, About Us. 

Maximize that main navigation
Right now your main navigation does very little. You need to expand it out and edit what you feature. I would suggest something like Home | Shop All | Fall Must-Haves | Home Décor | Kids Room Décor |  Contact Us. I'm feeling very uncreative at the moment, but you get the point. 

Note that someone who comes to your site and glances at your main navigation will know exactly what you sell. Watch some session recordings, which show you what happened during a visitor, to analyze how people use your main navigation. How are they moving around? 

The elephant in the room: Why clothing?

This didn’t fit for me. You have décor, décor, décor, décor...and clothing? It’s a huge red flag that screams dropshipping. Do yourself a favor and OWN this décor niche. This is your business strategy, but highly consider removing these collections and refocus on décor completely.

Add filters to your collection pages
It’s hard to sort and sift through your collections. Even though it may seem easy to you, visitors may have a different experience. Visitor recordings will help here. Watch what they do on collection pages, or do they leave before scrolling?

Work on the product page experience
There’s a lot to be said about your product pages.

• Don’t leave shipping calculations to checkout. Just don’t. People want a way to see how much they’re going to spend. This is a HUGE turn off. People want to know what to expect
  • Clean up the color choices. While I like the layout, it may not work for all products. For example, in the Ceramic Hand Vase, why do some come with a bird? 
  • Add more description. Bring out your creative site. 
  • Add reviews! People want to know what others thought
  • Create a more traditional gallery feel for photos instead of one that requires so much scrolling

Connect with visitors

When in doubt, ask. Run a survey or poll that asks, “What stopped you from checking out today?” with options for couldn’t find my product, prices were too high, etc. Figure out what’s going on. 

To sum it all up, you have a great start here. Use visitor behavior to refine your website and collections while spotting those conversion hurdles. You can even filter session recordings and heatmaps by source, so you can hyper-focus on those Pinterest clicks. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @gdrusa,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

screencapture-galeria-de-ric-2021-08-31-12_29_38.png

That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". WhiteHatJr is a great example of a banner that converts:

white-hat-jr.png

PRODUCTS
You are offering a wide range of products in your store. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. It also makes advertising an absolute nightmare. Definitely don't want that for you so give our video a watch, we explain this exact issue and tell you how to fix it:

What we recommend is selling winning products. A winning product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend 3x what it costs you for the product.

We did a video that explains how and where to find winning products that you can watch here:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try (one of the methods we recommend for finding winning products), here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp

Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We regularly post a selection of winning products on our YouTube channel, here is our latest one:

If you’d like to see more, consider subscribing.

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.