Can I get honest/constructive criticism for my shop

KJ39
3 0 0

Hello, my name is KJ. I’m the owner of Klaugh (www.Klaugh.shop) my goal is to create a great athleisure brand not unsimilar to Nike or adidas. I created my Shopify shop in may of 2021 and have made a lot of changes and edits since it’s inception. I’m prepared to go public with the website and start aggressively promoting the store in hopes of receiving sales but I’m hesitant at this point because I’m biased towards my edits and my catalog. I’m asking for any help and or advice on what would make my shop look more attractive and make you want to purchase from it. Any input would be greatly appreciated

www.Klaugh.shop

-KJ

Replies 5 (5)
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hello @KJ39 ,

I have gone through your Store , Let me please honestly share my feedback so that it may help you.

I would like to suggest you to :

i) ADD FAVICON : Favicons are icons that visually represent a website and/ or brand. they are the small images (usually 16*16 pixels). Use the .ico file format for favicons, but browsers also support PNG and (static) GIF files.
By applying favicons on your site, you can create your own site brand.

Favicon makes your site professional, so if a user comes to your site then spends time on your site, reads the content of your site, goes to the internal link of your site, shares it, which gives Google the signal that Your site is good which improves your ranking.

ii) ADD TESTIMONALS : A testimonial is a customer statement attesting to a brand's or product's superior performance, quality or results
Firstly & fore mostly it earns the trust of your visitors which may turn them to your future customers

It is apt saying that the more testimonials you have, the more your visitors will assume that you must be a Trustworthy company.

iii) ADD PRIVACY POLICY : A privacy policy is one of the most important documents on any website. It details your company's views and procedures on the information collected from visitors.
Visitors have a right to know what information you are collecting. It may be obvious that you are collecting personal details by asking them to complete a form, but you should make it clear. You should also include information logged by your servers, such as hostnames and IP addresses.

Privacy policy is technically a legal document, great effort should be made to craft a document that is both accurate and easy to understand, obscuring hidden clauses in reams of text is not acceptable.

iv) ADD SHIPPING POLICIES : A shipping policy is a concise document or webpage that outlines important information around shipping when an order is placed online.
It often includes details on shipping costs and methods, delivery times, and more.

v) ADD RETURNS & REFUND POLICY : According to a study, over 60% of customers review a Returns Policy before they make a purchasing decision.
The Returns Policy is the document that covers the situation where a customer wants to bring a purchased item back and exchange it for cash,
a replacement product, or store credit.

Having a good Return Policy for your store is important for keeping your sales practices in line with the law, but also for retaining customers.

vi) ADD BLOGS : A blog can maintain your marketing strategy and structure your relevant content, attract new clients & can promote the formation of a community
around your website and organization

The ultimate goal in creating blogs is to drive as much traffic to your website as possible. When you create a blog post this creates one more indexed page on your website,
meaning it’s one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website.

vii) ADD TRUST BADGES : A trust badge is a logo or a symbol that you display on your site to assure a visitor that your business is legitimate
They ensure that visitors feel safe to share their information and can comfortably put their trust on your website

Customer trust is a key brand differentiator that can make or break a business. It’s integral to a company’s self-perseverance and long-term sustainability.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2503 344 1671

Hi @KJ39

Glad to know that you have chosen Shopify for your online business! Here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and increase conversion rate:

1, Choose a better font that shows the style of your store. You can also try Decorative font style for the headings.

PageFly_0-1628485967533.png

2, Add testimonials to the home page to make your store look more trustworthy. You can refer to this template for the design 

PageFly_1-1628485967253.png

3, Add a secondary hover image to your products. In this way the page will look more lively, and you can also show your products from many different angles. 

You can also add Buy Now button to your products to encourage customers to start purchasing

PageFly_2-1628485967472.png

4, Use Load More button instead of Pagination. With Pagination, products from the last pages have lower chance to be bought, while Load More button will keep customers scrolling through all the products

PageFly_3-1628485967441.png

4, Use Color Swatch instead of Drop-down to make it look more professional

PageFly_4-1628485967512.png

5, Make sure to enrich content on all pages. You can make use of elements like images, video, slideshow, accordion, etc.

PageFly_5-1628485967283.png

6, Use Contact Form instead of leaving a message so that customers can contact you directly on your store

PageFly_6-1628485967209.png

Just in case you want some references to improve your Home page, you can check out our template here

PageFly_7-1628485967590.png

The templates above can be used easily on PageFly page builder, even with a free account. You can take a look at our template gallery to choose what suits you the most.

For guidance in running a business online, you can take a look at our Academy to get instruction from our top e-commerce experts in increasing store’s conversion rates

Hope your business is successful and gains more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1543 52 436

Hi @KJ39 

All-in-one Shopify marketing app Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store. In general, your store looks good, you have done a great job. One of the most difficult parts about selling clothes online isn't competing with other online competitors, it's competing with offline competitors.  Therefore, I would like to recommend you implement e-marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope that my recommendations would help.

• Add More Sections

Add more sections to your homepage. For example New Arrivals, Featured Collection, Reviews, Blog, Rewards, etc.

•  Add Reviews

I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop. I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Reviews are a vital part of an online store since credibility is a fundamental basis in any eCommerce. Testimonials have the ability to increase the confidence of new consumers, something essential to reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts. Since you've launched the online shop recently, try to collect them through apps, depending on your budget. 

• Add Wishlist. 

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. This is a non-obvious feature that extremely scales your purchases. Since you offer various designs and color options, I recommend adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Moreover, you can analyze the data to see what items people save for later and what items they actually buy.

11.png

• Add Referral Program

Once you got your first clients, try to attract more orders through existing ones. Therefore, I recommend using a referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Through a referral program (sharing the special link), you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

• Add Instagram gallery on your Shopify Store

Turn your Instagram content and user-generated content into a shoppable gallery and allow your customers to shop directly from the posts. Showcasing stunning shoppable Instagram galleries across your site will help to increase product discovery, drive inspiration, and boost sales. Link your profile on Instagram to the store and turn your profile visitors into customers. It will drive traffic to your site as well as to your profile. Example:

Screenshot_1.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @KJ39This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some suggestions for your store that you can start working on:

- You need to work on the UI/ UX of your store. 

- Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- In the footer menu, add quick links like refund/ privacy/ shipping policy/ contact us/ about us. 

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

-If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention. Make sure your store is engaging enough to capture visitors and turn them into paying customers along with building a relationship. 

• Retarget customers even when they are not in your store with the help of push notification and reach them directly. 
  • Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers and build relationship with them for long-term. It will help you with branding. 
  • Add reviews in your store to enhance SEO and its ranking. It's very important for an online business and to build trust with other visitors. 

Hope you found the suggestions helpful! You can start implementing the above suggestions in your store to make it better. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
713 68 272

Hi @KJ39 

I have visited your website and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you

• Homepage

The first thing you should consider is to make sticky navigation  so that visitors can easily go through important sections. The constant presence of the menu bar reminds users that other pages, ones they probably need, are also available.

In my perspective, your banner and message are not really appealing to new visitors. You should change the banner to many other nice photos of your products. Regarding messages on the banner, you can add your business unique selling points or promotion campaigns to motivate customers to click on.

I think you should add a sale off price for products displaying on the homepage because it is a good way to stimulate customers to buy. An appealing product with a good quality image and reasonable price wins customers’ hearts. Besides, you can put Add to cart button below all products on homepage and activate a Sticky cart on all pages so that customers can easily check out their cart. This tool can also reduce abandonment rate and thereby increase your sales a lot.

Try out Free app Advanced Sticky Add To Cart to activate Add to cart button, Sticky cart, Sticky bar in your store.

Screenshot (17).png

• Product page 

To build trust and credibility from new customers, you should put customer reviews on your product page. Besides, you can apply a cross- sell method in your store by adding product bundles with discounts. Product bundles with discounts is an effective tip to motivate customers to buy more products. Most customers are willing to buy product bundles to get a lower total price so that you should not miss this chance by adding many bundles on your website.

If you want to add product bundles in your store at ease and free, try out this app Product Bundles & Discount +

• Checking capital letters

I see a few letters at the beginning of sentences that need to be capitalized but are lowercase on your website. They are just small things but you should not ignore them because it leaves not good impression on customers. 

Screenshot (18).png

That’s all my suggestions for your store. Hope they are helpful to you!

Happy selling!

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 15.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com