FROM CACHE - en_header

Can someone review my store?

Ann1252
2 0 2

Hi Everyone,

Can someone review my store and give me some constructive feedback.  It seems I have traffic but it doesn't convert well.  I am fairly inexperienced in the ecommerce realm, i have had retail stores brick n mortar operations.  I use the motion theme.    Any ideas on the way it looks, is organized, even products etc  would be greatly appreciated.

www.newdaytrends.com 

www.newdaytrends.com

Replies 5 (5)
JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hi @Ann1252 

• I would focus on ensuring your product photography is on more of your product pages - that would show your customers using the product. Stage a photoshoot and highlight them through your site. 
  • Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly, definitely an overlooked spot
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 
  • Highlight more in the about us section, add some photos there and showcase your story. 
  • Showcase your customer reviews! This builds trust especially with new customers

Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
Growave
Shopify Partner
1545 53 437

Hi @Ann1252 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Since you have quite good traffic but your sales are keeping low, there is something that makes your online store unreliable. I would recommend you to focus on social proof and implement the following eCommerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Implement Social Login 

Install Social Login and implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using a social media account. This feature provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account within one click. No need for complicated passwords and confirmations through personal e-mail. 

• Add Instagram galleries that sell

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. Link your profile on Instagram to the store and turn your Instagram content into shoppable galleries and allow your customers to shop directly from the posts. Showcasing stunning shoppable Instagram galleries across your site will help to increase product discovery, drive inspiration, and boost sales. It will drive traffic to your site as well as to your profile. 

• Add Wishlist

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. This is a non-obvious feature that extremely scales your purchases. Since you offer various options, I recommend adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Moreover, you can analyze the data to see what items people save for later and what items they actually buy. 

OO.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

Never us pop-ups ...

You've blocked me from your content!

POP-UPS

You should never use entry pop-ups.

They do more damage to user experience than just about anything other than load times.

When someone enters your site, they enter with a goal and an idea and you break their train of thought and take them out of that zone with your pop-up.

You’re putting up a barrier between your visitors and the information they’re seeking.

And exit pop-ups destroy brand credibility, it's a lot like spamming … it works but in the long run it’ll destroy your reputation.

They make you seem needy and insecure.

Ethan Zuckerman, the creator of the pop-ups apologized for creating one of the most hated tools online.

It makes for a bad user experience. And it's a bad marketing practice.

The fact that pop-up blockers are built into browsers prove this.

After market ad-blockers confirm it.

Get rid of the pop-ups and force yourself to build a stronger, healthier content strategy.

There is too much going on, every option you give some one makes it less likely their do anything.

SLIDERS

Sliders cause ...

1.) banner blindness

2.) divides user’s attention

3.) kills conversions and never helps.

Check out a study by Notre Dame University web developer Erik Runyon.

Their slider received a click-through rate of barely 1% and almost all those were on the first image.

Beaconfire conducted a similar study with four different clients’ websites.

The CTR on these four sites were well under 1%, and again, the first image got the clicks.

I would remove the slider and add a Hero image with a call to action that touched on a problem that you solve.

Social Media Links

Links to social media sites just makes no sense.

1.) They bleed pagerank and hurt your Google’s rankings.
2.) They could get you fined in California and more states are following.
3.) And they send your traffic to a site you don’t control.

You want to get traffic from the social media sites and not send traffic to the social media sites.

And tests by major corporations have shown that they actually hurt more than they help with regards to likes and shares. And that's the only reason for having them.

Social media sites are a tool for getting traffic and nothing else.

The idea is to get traffic from those sites to your site and not to send traffic from your site to those sites.

Your bleeding link juice, sending traffic to places you don’t control and could get finned because of it.

Your goal once on the site should be to convert them into a customer and not to get a like or share on social media site.

Likes and shares on social media sites should come from the people that are currently on the social media sites and not from people on your site ready to make a purchase.

Zholdas
7 0 0

@Ann1252 Thats a great website) Loved it) 
Saltastic.org

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Ann1252This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some suggestions that you can start working on:

Some of the good points of your store:

• easy to navigate
  • good layout
  • visually appealing

- Add a review carousel on the homepage, it helps building trust with other visitors. 

AiTrillion_0-1629867462098.png

- As shown in the below screenshot, this is overlapping. Fix this. 

AiTrillion_1-1629867958172.png

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- You can add Instagram Feed on the homepage.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Hope you found my suggestions helpful!

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.