Can't get em to convert :(

humzy__
1 0 0

could you guys check out my store and give me some feedback not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong but viewers aren't converting and I'm confused why??

https://midnightstylin.com/

Replies 3 (3)
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @humzy__, I hope you are doing well! I reviewed your store and here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- There is a blank space in the header. There should not be this much blank space.

- Add a call to action button in the first fold of the homepage i.e the slider images.

- Make sure you are targeting the right audience. 

- Add a review carousel on the homepage.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email addresses. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers. 

- Add a popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and make a purchase. 

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2482 341 1664

Hi @humzy__ 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 4 years of providing solutions for over 80.000 active Shopify merchants.

It can be because of many reasons to make it is hard to have a good conversion rate, however, I would like to make some suggestions for your stores since it is one of the most important things and you can take care of it first. 

1. Homepage: 

1.1 Changing the theme colors:

It is great to have a theme color to keep the united design for your store. However, your current red colors right now can be too light, especially using the hero banner at the top of the store. I recommend you to change to other colors that can be easier to see. For example, it can be red but with a darker tone. 

1.2 Make the sticky menu: 

The sticky menu at the header can help visitors easily go to any related link and pages such as collection pages, products, or searching any information in your store. Therefore, it will be better if you can make a sticky menu for your store. 

1.3 Make a clear search box: 

The search box is an important part of any store. Many visitors will leave your store when they can't find what they want. As a result, a clear search box can help visitors easily find anything they want, especially when they just see something interesting and want to discover your store more. 

Currently, your search element is an icon next to the "Currency" button and the "Add to cart" button. I recommend you put the search as a search box.

It is also important to rearrange the distance between your header and the hero banner. Currently, it seems to be a little bit wide. 

PageFly_0-1616061382682.png

1.4 Adding a CTA in the banner: 

You can add a CTA in a banner to lead the visitors to the page you want directly like the collection page. 

Remember to make it stand out from the banner and easy to see. 

PageFly_1-1616061526515.png

1.5 Move the "About us" section: 

When someone visits your store, they will glance through everything in a really short time. So, it is a great part to make them notice and remember some great things about your store and make them continue to dig deeper in your store. 

So, you can rearrange the ideas in this part to make the main point standing out. It can be done by bullet points, special effects like bold or italic font, different colors, etc. You also should make the heading standing out to see and move this part right after the hero banner. 

PageFly_2-1616061683188.png

1.6 Adding a reviews section: 

Many people will look for the reviews part before they making any decisions so it is necessary for your store to have a testimonial part that shows the customer's reviews. It can be auto slideshows with clear images and short and easy to spot the main point reviews. 

For example, like this testimonial in our Comfy template

PageFly_3-1616061830146.png

2. Collection page: 

I choose this page to review: https://midnightstylin.com/collections/action-figures 

PageFly_4-1616061983549.png

For the layout, header, and also font, I will keep the same suggestions as on the homepage. 

Additionally, you can add some more elements to make it better: 

• Adding the variants swatches or any product description for this page since you only have 3 products. 
  • Adding any reviews or stars ranking for the products. 
  • Adding a small description for your collection or any special features of the collection right before going to the products.

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. I also have a post of feedback on good factors of a high-converting store, you can check here

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Store-Feedback-by-Shopify-Expert/td-p/1036094

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @humzy__,

Sorry to hear, it has to be discouraging. I've taken a look through your store and have some feedback for you that should help with conversions.

First, I think there are a few things you could do to improve the visitors first impression of your store.

There is a bit of a spacing issue in your header that I'd look at decreasing. This may seem nit picky but there's a phrase "above the fold" which is essentially the area you see before you need to scroll down. You don't want that area being taken up by unused space.

midnight-top.png

Your logo, I would recommend changing it. You can do this for free in a few clicks of a button using a Shopify tool:

Next. where you have your anime clips - that main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

Now onto what I think is your primary issue - your products. The problem with your products is that these types of items can be already be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for an anime clothing item or an action figure in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets (ie. Amazon) are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. However, if you cannot find a way to set yourself apart, it's time to move onto a different product. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook