Can you see the Favicon on my website on your devices?

RENE-
Tourist
12 0 1

Good morning people!

I am having an issue with my Favicon on my website, www.reneleblanc.com . I would appreciate it very much if you check if you are able to see the Favicon image on your devices and browsers. Now, it is showing on laptop but not showing on my iPhone and not showing on my iPad. It seems to be working for other people. I am trying to figure out if the problem is Shopify related, or Apple product related. Does this work for you? See favicon image attached, can you see it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ReneFAVICON.png

Replies 4 (4)
Lana
Shopify Staff
323 38 42

Hello @RENE- !

I had a look at the website on both Mobile (iOS Safari) and desktop (Google Chrome) and I can see the Favicon on both!

You mentioned that other people are not having this issue, so it is likely that you may need to clear the cache on the browsers on your mobile devices, and it should then appear for you as normal. I have a guide here on how to clear cache on Safari browser and on Google Chrome just in case you use both on those devices. 

On another note, I can see that your store is currently password protected, are you in the process of preparing for launch? If so, I have a fantastic Shopify Blog article on The Store Launch Checklist which goes through everything you need to do before opening up.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

RENE-
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you. Yes, that is what I have already done, on my iPhone, and iPad, I went to Settings-Safari-Clear History and Website Data, and on Advanced-Website Data-Remove all Website Data.

Even after doing this, on my iPhone and iPad, I am still seeing the previous Favicon, even though that image has been permanently deleted from my Shopify files, and the Favicon has been replaced.

Now I am stying to figure out if possibly the image is too large? Or an error in the coding that keeps showing me the previous image? I don't understand... is this a Shopify problem or an Apple device problem?

Do keep me posted if you have any feedback. Thanks again, R

Lana
Shopify Staff
323 38 42

I see! You mentioned you're seeing the 'previous' favicon - could you please share with me an image of the one you're referring to? I may have been looking at an older one without realising. Appreciate your patience in this so far!

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

RENE-
Tourist
12 0 1
Hi. The previous Favicon is just a plain black square. The new favicon is a cream colour square, with a black R in the center. Which one are you seeing?
I’m not sure how I can still be seeing the old file, since the image has been deleted from everywhere on Shopify…
Thanks!