Check out my website! I need help 😫

KarlieJB
3 0 2

My website is cosmicgrovecandles.com 

I need feedback on what I may or may not be doing wrong. I haven't had any sales yet. I have more products coming soon. 

Replies 8 (8)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @KarlieJB,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! Sorry to hear your sales aren't where you had hoped. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

screencapture-cosmicgrovecandles-2021-08-11-12_25_09.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

I don't recommend having text built into the photo itself because you want the text to be readable on any device size (mobile, desktop, ipad, etc.) it doesn't have the same responsive qualities as text that is outside the banner.

SITE IDENTITY
I would recommend using your logo as an anchor point for the design of your store. Match the fonts in your store to your logo, not every piece of text, not the body text but things like headings or page titles would be good. Pull colors from your logo to use for things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional. 

SEO 

screencapture-cosmicgrovecandles-collections-melts-2021-08-11-12_48_22.png
When writing your SEO, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. You have product names such as “Sugar Cloud” and “Love Bomb”, the issue here is that a person trying to find this type of product in Google is not going to type “Sugar Cloud” or “Love Bomb” into the search bar. I know SEO is no small task but it’s going to make a big impact. One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

LOCAL
Your main issue is you need sales so here is what I would do if I was in your position.

I’d start local.

I’d connect with other small handmade businesses in my area and ask if they want to collaborate to put together gift baskets. You’d add one of your products, they might add a handmade card or a piece of jewelry, another person might add a bath bomb, etc. 

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

I’d also approach local gift shops to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. Here is a video on how to add a free review app to your store:

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make your products, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips and tricks, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.

It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi @KarlieJB.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback on your shop.

I really love your homepage image, store name and overall design of your shop, I also really enjoyed looking through your awesome Melts. I like that you let your customers know through your announcement bar that your decorative and jar candles are coming soon. One idea you could do is create a Page with quick "Coming soon" information for both your candle pages and link them to your Menu-items, that way when customers visit it will say "Coming soon" instead of "Sorry, there are no products in this collection."

If you need a refresher on how to link pages to your drop-down menu items, we have a handy guide here that can help you out. 

I also really love your inclusion of an "About us" page in your footer, I know all too well the smell that can be caused by our furry friends and it was great to learn more about how your products can improve the smell of our homes to live in harmony with them. I would, however, recommend adding the about us page to your main menu area as well! 

The inclusion of a FAQ page is a great idea as well, I see you touch on some policies, but notice you do not have all of your policies noted in your Footer or main menu area.

It is always a good idea to ensure you have all of your store's policies laid out in an easily accessible area for your customers to gather quick and helpful information. If you are curious about adding store policies to your store, I recommend checking out our helpful guide here. 

You have your Instagram page linked at the bottom of your shop as well, I do not see a Facebook page, is this something you have created for Cosmic Grove Candles yet? If not, I highly recommend creating a Facebook page for your shop as well so you can set up our Facebook channel. With our Facebook channel added to your Shopify admin, you can then add Facebook and Instagram shopping capabilities to your social pages and also run specific marketing and promotions as well. Feel free to check out our Facebook channel guide to get this set up if you are curious! 

In regards to your statement about doing something wrong, don't fret! you have done nothing wrong at all. The shop looks great and you have some awesome-looking products, with more to come. What I recommend focusing on is building traffic to your store. We already touched on some potential ads through Facebook and Instagram, but you may also want to check out our Marketing and promotions page for some more specific ideas on developing a marketing plan for Cosmic Grove. There are some important factors that come into play when trying to get traffic to come to your store over other stores that may sell similar products:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their idea of cost benefits compared to other shops in the same market.
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product? if so, what are others stores doing differently?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase? We touched on the About Us page, but could you go further with it? We have a great guide on writing an effective "About" page here, that may offer some further tips for finessing your brand's story. 
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers? Paid advertisements are certainly a very important factor to Online business, but what can you do to build traffic when you are just starting out and trying to build that initial revenue to put back into your store for marketing and promotions. 

All of the above questions are expanded on in this fantastic article we offer on increasing web Traffic that I highly recommend checking out.  

Another important question to ask yourself is, are customers even able to find my store in the slew of online stores that are available online? You will want to ensure you have done all that you can with "Search engine optimization" or SEO for short. Customers who find Cosmic Groce in an online search are most likely looking for products similar to yours, so they are more likely to buy something. You can use SEO to improve your search engine ranking (Google and Firefox for example)  to improve the ranking of your store to help these customers find it easier. We have an in-depth guide on Search engine optimization here, that could be beneficial to you and your shop moving forward!

If you are more of a visual learner, feel free to check out our Shopify Compass website for free courses and learning materials, like this fantastic course for beginners Marketing that may be helpful.

It is certainly tricky to start getting traffic coming into your shop, however, you are on the right track. I hope some of these resources help you in your continued journey, make sure to keep the metaphorical and literal candles burning because the shop looks great. Please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have, we are always happy to chat!  

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @KarlieJB!  

Welcome to Shopify! There’s nothing more frustrating to putting in the effort but seeing no sales.

Now, you have a great start here! For example, your hero image looks really unique. I like the touches you’ve added. 

Let’s start diving into your site for suggestions.

Update your announcement bar

Find a happier message like, “All melts now $15” that links to the Melts collections. I would avoid harsh language like “final price change.” It’s not relevant to visitors nor does it invite them to check it out. 

Evaluate your homepage
I like where you’re going, but you need to put it through some serious analysis. For example:

• Add a button to your hero image to urge people to click into your collection
  • Use a heatmap to see how far people scroll and how they click on your homepage. What do they see? What do they miss? For example, elements like your welcome message really don’t add much value to the page to help visitors want to find out more. 
  • Run a survey to ask what products your visitors want to see next OR what stopped them from checking out 

Fill in the gap

Other than a main portion of your products missing, there’s a gap here. How does someone use wax melts? How many wax melts should they use? Hiding HOW it’s used in the FAQ (at the bottom) is really leaving your visitors high and dry. 

This is the sort of information that people want and need. Do they need a wax warmer? Fill in that information. 

Don’t forget about details

I see you have Suggestions on your homepage. That’s not a bad idea, but make sure you link your email, contact page and Instagram account.

For your Contact Us page, remove the phone number field. It has a higher abandonment rate in general. Also, add some personal photos in your About Page! 

Improve those product pages
On your product pages, I’m missing any information about shipping. Don’t leave this to the checkout.

Considering your products are $15 right now, I would also eliminate the ShopPay message or move it lower on the page with different messaging.

Since there’s only one size of wax melts, I wouldn’t bother with a drop-down for size. It’s unnecessary.

Now the two biggest things:

1. Expand that description. What does cotton candy smell like to someone who hasn’t smelled it? What image does it invoke? Help people anticipate the smell over their computer.
  2. Add reviews! People want to read what other people think about your products. 

Expand your policies
I wouldn’t suggest cramming your policy information into FAQs. Most people, especially on a product-focused store like yours, expect FAQs to be related to the products. Separate these out to be a return/refund policy, a shipping policy, etc.

Also, in general, be mindful of how you’re representing the information. For example, I’m looking at the “My product(s) arrived damaged, what do I do?” answer. Being empathetic, like - "We take pride in our products and strive to go the extra mile to ensure every customer can enjoy their new wax products. If one of our shipments arrives damaged, we are so sorry for the inconvenience! Let us know right away (link to your contact page) as soon as you can so that we can help make this right.” 

You have an amazing product here, and you have the base for an incredible store. Take some time to use visitor behavior to evaluate how people are using your store and then use that information to really drive those updates that your visitors want for a better experience.   Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Growave
Shopify Partner
1526 49 434

Hi @KarlieJB 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store. I would recommend you implement e-commerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Add a Blog Page

Since your store has been launched recently, the blog will make your shop more credible and relatable. The blog will provide new clients with a sense of confidence in their purchases. Also, constantly adding new content to your blog will positively impact SEO, drives traffic to your online store, and keeps audiences in your store.

• Implement Social Login 

Social Login provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account within one click through social media account. It simplifies the login process and enables one-click signup. Also, gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

• Add Reviews

I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop. I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Reviews are a vital part of an online store since credibility is a fundamental basis in any eCommerce. Testimonials have the ability to increase the confidence of new consumers, something essential to reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts. Since you've launched the online shop recently, try to collect them through apps, depending on your budget. Through the app, your customer can leave a photo or text reviews and will be reminded to share opinions whenever you prefer.

• Add Loyalty and Reward program

The loyalty and Rewards program motivates shoppers to engage more meaningfully with the brand. It allows you to strengthen customer relationships, increase repeat purchases, turn your customers into loyal advocates, and treat the most loyal customers with VIP treatments. In general, all those actions are designed to drive high-value purchasing behaviors. On the L&R page, you can include points, referral programs, and VIP tiers. Depends on you. One of the most useful features of the Rewards feature is the Referral program. Use it in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

• Add Wishlist

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. This is a non-obvious feature that extremely scales your purchases. Since you offer various scent options, I recommend adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Moreover, you can analyze the data to see what items people save for later and what items they actually buy.

Screenshot_1.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  It replaces 5 apps and offers Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @KarlieJBThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some suggestions on your store that you can work on:

- The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

- There are no products in the candles collection. 

AiTrillion_0-1628770918588.png

- On the homepage you should add a section of trending, new arrivals, recently viewed products. Give product recommendations to your customers by personalizing the customers shopping experience. 

- Products are missing here. 

AiTrillion_1-1628771363909.png

Add a web push notification- It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

- Just a heads up! Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers. Make sure to reach your customers with the help of email marketing automation.

- Give offers & rewards to customers. 

Hope this helps! You can implement the above suggestions in your store. It will help you to drive conversions and retain customers in long term and getting consistent sales. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hey @KarlieJB 

Congrats on getting your store up and running! 

• I would focus on ensuring your product photography is on more of your product pages -  show your customers using the product 
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 
  • add a blog that would be a cool way to add some organic traffic and feature some collabs
  • I would also add some customer reviews, of course as you get them 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
Donsurd
Excursionist
31 1 5

What are the things you have implement with the store to make profit and what was the theme you use to develop the store?

tage74
1 0 0

The store and the collection of items are looking very good but only on some points you need to improve its display and some website management more clean just like this page as you can take guide from here also.