Hey guys I opened my website less than a week ago have 570 sessions but no sales. I was wondering if this was normal or if it typically takes a few weeks for first sale. Take a took at my website if you could and maybe tell me what you think needs improvement https://smallworldpetshop.com/
I have visited your store and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you!
In general, your homepage looks clear and well-arranged. There are only a few things that you should improve it
That’s all my suggestions for your store. Hope they are helpful to you
Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on your new store - I can see you have done a good job with setting up your store. I like how easy it is to navigate your store - moving from the homepage to checkout is very intuitive, which is a good thing. I also like that your store works well on mobile which is really good.
Here are some small details you can add to improve your store customer experience.
1. Make the header sticky - The header is what your customers use to navigate the store, so it is important that they can access it from any section of your store. Make the header sticky, so when your customers scroll down they can still use the header to navigate to other sections of your store without needing to scroll all the way up.
2. Add a Quickview button on the products on your collection pages: Having a Quickview button option on your collection page will make it easier for your customers to view more of your products. When they are able to easily preview and read the product details without going to the product page, they are more likely to view more products and which in turn can increase their chances of making a purchase.
Most themes already have a Quickview/Quickshop option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it. Also, you can get the Quickview/Quickshop option for free with the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.
3. Show Estimated Delivery Date and Shipping Date on the product page - Many customers don’t want to wait until checkout to know when they’ll receive their order, and showing the Estimated Delivery Date helps users to estimate when they can expect to receive their order. Add the delivery-date estimate, or delivery-date range, within the product page, it should be close to your "buy" button.
When viewing an estimated delivery day like “Standard Shipping — 4 business days. Get it by Sept 25”, Your customers will have more confidence to make the purchase.
4. Use color swatches to display product variants: This makes it easier for your customers to see all the available variants and also improves the aesthetics of the product page.
5. Engage with your customers and visitors - I will suggest adding a Live chat, you want to reach out to your visitors and show that you're ready to answer any question they might have. If you added a Live chat that launched after 60 seconds of someone landing on your store that asks, “How can I help you today?”. The idea here is to engage and show your visitors that you're available to answer their questions.
6. Getting your first couple of sales will always pose a challenge, but with the right effort in the right direction. You will start converting your traffic to sales in no time - They are a ton of useful resources on the Shopify blog and academy that can help you hone in on marketing. You can also check these articles Making your first sales in 30 days and How to Build and Launch a Profitable Store
I think they are really insightful
I hope you get useful ideas from this going forward.
Best of luck and cheers!
I'm Harvey - Social Media Executive at Boost Commerce, which is the creator of Product Filter & Search - a solution that grows more sales for online stores by optimizing the product discovery experience.
First of all, congrats on your lovely pet shop. I love it. From the first time experiencing your site, I'd like to leave some comments on your shop if you don't mind.
Your filter options are quite basic. For example, I need to find clothes for my dog based on colors. And I can't do that on your site. So, think of having a full-option filter tree.
Your site is lacking smart spell-check function. When I type a search term wrongly by accident, I receive no results and therefore, missing your products. So, I suggest you should consider the Typo Tolerance function.
One more thing, when I find no results, there is just a "No result" page, and that's it. Why don't recommend something else to your customers?
Some articles may help you:
Gaining traffic but no sales may come from the lack of insights into your customers' behaviors. If you know the top search terms with no result, how many times your shoppers searched but no matching results, you can monitor and configure better search settings to enhance the shopping experience and convert those sales next time around.
From those details, I suggest you may try Product Filter & Search by Boost Commerce. It can solve all the above issues, like building a comprehensive filter tree, turning your normal search bar into a smart one, and giving you necessary data to help you understand more about your shoppers. You know, it's better that you explore customers' hidden needs so you can win the game.
I hope to see you leverage your store site and see more sales soon.
If my answer helped you, please like and accept it as a solution.
Boost Commerce - Boosting sales for over 10,000 active merchants
Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback on your shop!
Congratulations on starting your business! I understand that you have been recieving some traffic, but have not made any sales yet. Rest assured, this is normal and you will likely have to make some tweaks to your ads and store design to make your first conversion. I really enjoyed looking through your shop and products, it looks like you have a lot of great pet essentials for your customers. You have selected some great images for your homepage that do a fantastic job of letting the customer know what you are selling. While on the home page, I noticed that you have two very similar sections that promote your sale section:
This may be seen as redundant and you have the opportunity to add a whole new section to your homepage. For instance, you can add a featured product instead, which allows the customer to learn more about your type of products directly on the homepage.
You did a great job on adding your home navigation menu to include tabs like Shop, Contact us, and About us sections. This is important as it allows you to guide your customer to what you want them to do most. If you’d like to add more tabs to your menu, I recommend adding a FAQ and a store policy section to build more trust with your customers.
I also noticed that your Shipping Policy is very short, this may discourage customers from making a purchase as this page should be very descriptive and professional. Rest assured, we have many templates available that you can tweak for your exact requirements. Feel free to check out our Shopify Blog on How to Create and Communicate Your Shipping Policy to learn more.
Another great way to build your brand content is through introducing blogs to your store. Adding a blog can let you tell stories that convert visitors into customers, increase engagement and improve your store’s SEO. You can check out this resource on the How to Start a Blog to view a step-by-step guide on what content to write about.
I’d love to know more about your business! Do you have any current marketing initiatives?