FROM CACHE - en_header

Collections in my store

specialoutdoor
Excursionist
29 1 2

I am having trouble with my store, I usually go onto my store every day and check for sales and traffic, you know usual!

Well I noticed I was having way more visitors but no buyers and my bounce rate is horrible, so I started looking at my site from top to bottom and couldn't believe what I saw. Somehow there are products in multiples all in the wrong places, it's like someone went in and sabotaged my site. I was having a guy do SEO work on it and my web designer went in and added some products. Its like someone took certain products and added it to all the collections!

Would  you take a look and tell me what happened? Thanks for your help Marlin with www.specialoutdoorgear.com

Marlin Hines
Replies 2 (2)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey Marlin (@specialoutdoor),

outdoor-01.png

There is definitely an issue with where products are categorized. I'd recommend watching this video to get things back in order:

I’d also recommend working on your product descriptions. There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

While you are working on product descriptions, keep SEO in mind. One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

When you get to checkout, it appears you ship worldwide, however, when you click to go to payment I get this error (I put in a Canadian address):

shipping-error.png

I'd recommend going through and removing any places you don't currently ship to.

On the topic of shipping, I'm not sure if this applies to you or not but a common mistake we see is not adding an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker and they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

puneet_unbundl
Shopify Partner
37 3 11

Hi,

I noticed few things:

• Many out of stock products are active on your store. You should hide them or atleast push them to end of collection
  • List Variations as single product, it becomes easy to browse
  • Add filters on basis of product type, Size, Color or anything else you would be aware of