Comments/Tips on my small store website - Advice?

Patchman1
5 0 0

We sell the smallest beach umbrellas for travel. Light weight (4.5 lb.) and large diameter (76")  only 24" X 4" when packed .  Thanks for any input

www.portabrella.ca

Replies 9 (9)
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1032 161 213

Hi @Patchman1 

Thank you for sharing your store with us! I've had a look and honestly, it's a really nice storefront. You did great work on building it. I really like the video on the homepage, it was clear and easy to understand and I feel confident in how the product works now. There isn't much I would recommend changing, but I do have a few things to consider!

The 2 things I noted was that the product page for the umbrellas are quite long. While I can understand your desire to include that many images showing how the product is put together, I think that many of them could be moved off the product page and into its own page or blog post. This is also beneficial if you want to expand on the setup steps as it can be a big keyword boost for your SEO.

I also noticed that your reviews that you have are not very new. I would recommend a proactive review prompt to any recent purchasers to see if you can collect some new or updated reviews. 

Otherwise, I think the site looks awesome! Great work!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Patchman1,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

screencapture-portabrella-ca-2021-06-04-12_27_37.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your product, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

SEO
I can tell there has been some work done there, which is great, I’d encourage you to keep working on it more. When writing your SEO, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google.
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

COLOR
I personally find the background color a little hard on the eyes, especially on the contact page. f you want to add pops of color, it's best to do it on things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it can quickly become too much and start taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.

screencapture-portabrella-ca-pages-contact-us-portabrella-2021-06-04-12_38_15.png

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. As for shipping by province, I'd suggest looking into Better Shipping or Advanced Shipping Rules, email the developer to confirm it would work for your needs.

shipping-umbrella.png

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Patchman1This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some suggestions that you can implement in your store:

- On the product page instead of making customers scroll down to see the product images, create a slider and display images on the left as shown in the below screenshot.

AiTrillion_0-1622878377541.png

- On the banner image of the homepage, you can also add a title of 'GET 20% OFF ON FIRST PURCHASE' with a call to action button 'USE CODE FIRST20' or you can add another banner image of this offer. 

- Make your store engaging. If your store will be engaging then it will help you to reduce the bounce rate and make people want to purchase. Add these tools:

• Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.
  • Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor an exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon codes to complete the purchase.
  • Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product to someone.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
733 65 264

Hello @Patchman1 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make Header Sticky for easy navigation.

Start promotions on Social media and provide links at the footer section in your store.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also consider selling your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Patchman1
5 0 0

Hi Shay,

Thanks for commenting.

Any suggestions who could implement the changes you touched on.

The people who developed this site are unavailable at this time. 

Best Regards

Dave

Patchman1
5 0 0

Hello Ecom Geeks,

Thanks for commenting.

Any suggestions who could implement the changes you touched on. I can do a few of these but limited in my experience. Trying to keep costs to a minimum as sales due to the flu are down. 

Best Regards

Dave

Patchman1
5 0 0

Hello AiTrillion,

Thanks for commenting.

Any suggestions who could implement the changes you touched on. A few small changes I can do but with limited experience. Just trying to keep costs down as sales have dropped due to the Wuhan Flu

Best Regards

Dave

Patchman1
5 0 0

Hello Trailblazer,

Thanks for commenting.

Any suggestions who could implement the changes you touched on. A few small changes I can do but with limited experience. Just trying to keep costs down as sales have dropped due to the  Flu

Best Regards

Dave

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hello Ecom Geeks,

Thanks for commenting.

Any suggestions who could implement the changes you touched on. I can do a few of these but limited in my experience. Trying to keep costs to a minimum as sales due to the flu are down. 

Best Regards

Dave

Hi Dave (@Patchman1),

I just sent you a private message.

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook