Constructive advice for our website

ShepherdsStaff
1 0 1

Hello!

I'm looking for honest, constructive criticism. We are trying to boost online traffic and make sure our website is easily navigated. We are a non-profit that sells unique religious items. 

Please look at our site  https://cypress-springs-gift-shop.myshopify.com/ and let me know how the site can be improved and how to make it user-friendly. 

Thanks,

Rachael 

Replies 2 (2)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hello @ShepherdsStaff,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

screencapture-cypress-springs-gift-shop-myshopify-2021-06-01-09_18_48.png

SALES CHANNELS
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your social media pages. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram

CUSTOM DOMAIN NAME
I would highly recommend purchasing a custom domain name. For anyone trying to visit the store, that is a whole lot of words to type in: cypress-springs-gift-shop.myshopify.com. When choosing a domain, keep it as short and memorable as possible, I wouldn't recommend cypressspringsgiftshop.com or shephersstaffgiftstore.com, they are both too long. Something like csgiftshop.com would be better.

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience ((high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

LOCAL
You can advertise your store by joining local community groups, Facebook buy & sell pages, joining online trade shows (and in person when you are able).
Make sure to include a business card with every purchase that includes an incentive (such as a percentage off) for their next online purchase. This encourages people to purchase through your online store and that way the next time someone comments on a product you’ve made, they can refer them to your website that they now know you have.

Here is a video on how to create discount codes:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well (I noticed you have this set up in shipping, but this isn't the right way to set it up), here is how to do it:

REVIEWS
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @ShepherdsStaffThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Your store is easy to navigate & here are some suggestions that you can implement in your store:

How you can bring a good amount of traffic to your store?

Organic methods- It brings traffic to the website in a longer period & takes time. Some of the organic methods are blog regularly, use long-tail keywords, use internal links, get your meta down, create quality content regularly, post engaging posts on social media regularly.

Inorganic methods- It helps in bringing a good amount of traffic in the very short term. It includes paid ads like Facebook ads, Instagram ads, google ads.

- Add a call to action button here on the image:

AiTrillion_0-1622631613150.png

- Improvise the product descriptions:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

- Add these tools to your store:

• Add reviews in your store. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
  • Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
  • Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
  • Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.