FROM CACHE - en_header

Conversion Dropoff After Updates.

bgyoung08
1 0 1

Hi All!

We run the Brooklyn theme on our site and I recently updated the theme and deleted some apps I was not using.  I updated the them so that we could run the Shop Pay banners with installment information.  Only the newest version of the theme supported it.  I have had about an 80% drop in conversion.  Around the same time I also upped some of our prices about 10%.  I have also updated some of the banner imaging.  For the life of me I can not figure out what has caused the drop.  It is driving me crazy.  Any help is much appreciated.

Site is www.sturdybrothers.com

Thanks,

Ben

Replies 4 (4)
Leah755
Excursionist
15 1 7

Hi Ben,

I'm Olivia, a Shopify Partner, and developer. I just checked through your store https://www.sturdybrothers.com/.  Your store really looks great but I will like to inform you to:

• Add social media icon
  • Favicon
  • Try Adding a discount to the announcement bar

Hope this help.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hello @bgyoung08 ,

I have gone through your Store , You have a Pretty Good Collection.

Let me please share my feedback so that it may help you.

I would like to Suggest you to :

--> ADD FAVICON : Favicons are icons that visually represent a website and/ or brand. they are the small images (usually 16*16 pixels). Use the .ico file format for favicons, but browsers also support PNG and (static) GIF files.
By applying favicons on your site, you can create your own site brand.

Favicon makes your site professional, so if a user comes to your site then spends time on your site, reads the content of your site, goes to the internal link of your site, shares it, which gives Google the signal that Your site is good which improves your ranking.

--> ADD TESTIMONALS : A Testimonial is a customer statement attesting to a brand's or product's superior performance, quality or results
Firstly & fore mostly it earns the trust of your visitors which may turn them to your future customers

It is apt saying that the more testimonials you have, the more your visitors will assume that you must be a Trustworthy company.

--> ADD PRIVACY POLICY : A privacy policy is one of the most important documents on any website. It details your company's views and procedures on the information collected from visitors.
Visitors have a right to know what information you are collecting. It may be obvious that you are collecting personal details by asking them to complete a form, but you should make it clear. You should also include information logged by your servers, such as hostnames and IP addresses.

Privacy policy is technically a legal document, great effort should be made to craft a document that is both accurate and easy to understand, obscuring hidden clauses in reams of text is not acceptable.

--> ADD SHIPPING POLICIES : A shipping policy is a concise document or webpage that outlines important information around shipping when an order is placed online.
It often includes details on shipping costs and methods, delivery times, and more.

--> ADD BLOGS : A blog can maintain your marketing strategy and structure your relevant content, attract new clients & can promote the formation of a community
around your website and organization

The ultimate goal in creating blogs is to drive as much traffic to your website as possible. When you create a blog post this creates one more indexed page on your website,
meaning it’s one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website.

--> ADD TRUST BADGES : A trust badge is a logo or a symbol that you display on your site to assure a visitor that your business is legitimate
They ensure that visitors feel safe to share their information and can comfortably put their trust on your website

Customer trust is a key brand differentiator that can make or break a business. It’s integral to a company’s self-perseverance and long-term sustainability.

Also , I Suggest you to add Wishlist

--> ADD WISHLIST: A wish list allows shoppers to create personalized collections of products they want to buy and save them in their user account for future reference. Wishlists signify a customer’s interest in a product without an immediate intent to purchase.

Wishlist is not only a great method of promotion, but it’s also less expensive and a lot more productive than advertising.

a) It Reduces the number of users that get lost on their way to check-out.
b) Helps in Easily expansion of your customer base.
c) More importantly it helps in Keeping an eye on what your clients want.

Apart from these things your store is Good , Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @bgyoung08!  

Sometimes the most well-intended changes result in taking away the features people liked the most. However, you’ve done yourself no favors here. By changing so much at once, you’re going to have a nightmare on your hands trying to figure out what caused the drop. 

At this point you need to ask your visitors directly. Run a survey that asks, “What stopped you from checking out today?” or “What do you think of our new website?” Hear from your visitors what they really think and if that impacted their decision to buy. 

Other thoughts:

Optimize your main navigation

Make it easier for your visitors to get to a product page. Use a heatmap to see where people click to evaluate what they are clicking on or not clicking on. Wholesale and About likely can be kept in the footer while expanding Shop. You don’t need to feature it all. Instead you can feature the top collections, like Home | Shop (with the drop-down you have now or a Shop All) | Aprons 

Focus on one hero image rather than multiple

You have a lot of great products, but don’t try to feature them all. Rotating hero images distract rather than help. Depending on the hero image, the main navigation is hard to see. Instead, focus on just one hero image. A click heatmap can help you evaluate it. While you’re there, update the CTA button color to stand out more. 

Restructure your homepage

Use a scroll heatmap to see how far people scroll and what information they miss. My initial suggestion would be to move your collection list up under the hero image. A session recording, which shows you what happened during each session, is helpful in tracking visitors’ journeys as they make their way from visitor to customer. You can spot those pain points and hurdles. 

Work on your footer

It looks like you have an extra column or two, which is adding extra white space. You won’t need it. You’re missing important information like Shipping and Refunds. Considering the price point of your products, I would expect this information. You don’t want a lack of information to be the reason you don’t get a sale. 

Details matter

Make sure every email address is linked. Also, add a simple form (name, email address, message) to your Contact page. 

Keep your images consistent

Looking at your collection page, the images had different focus. Sometimes the aprons would be zoomed in closer, sometimes on a model, etc. Keep it consistent. 

Update your product page

I like your overall page, but your details are too much. I’m on the Charles Waxed Canvas Apron Special Edition page for reference. I like the intro paragraph, but the remaining paragraphs are just too wordy and long. Use a moves heatmap to see if people are actually interested in it. If not, you can move it to a collapsible section for people who WANT to learn more about it. 

Instead, I would feature more about the care of the product rather than burying it in a link at the bottom of the page. 

Also, move your reviews up! It should be right below your description and before “you may also like.” 

I know that it’s frustrating to see conversions plunge after you make changes you hoped would help. Now it’s time to turn to your visitors to see what went wrong and use their behavior to drive your next changes. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hello @bgyoung08This is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. Here are some tips to drive conversions to your store:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Add a call to action button like 'Shop Now' on the banner image of the homepage. You can also add a title of 'GET 20% OFF ON FIRST PURCHASE' with a call to action button 'USE CODE FIRST20'

- Add multiple images on the product page so customers can have a look at products in a better way.

AiTrillion_0-1630068201717.png

- Also, align all the images with each other in your store. 

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Add a web push notification- It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

- Run email campaigns & push campaigns to bring back customers to your store and make them complete the purchase. Email marketing helps in driving conversions. 

- To reach customers automatically on the basis of their behavior make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

To get consistent sales, keep targeting and reaching customers from different channels like email marketing, push notification. Send them discount code and rewards to complete the purchase. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.