Conversions

breamo4
1 0 1

Hello Everyone!

Just looking for some feedback on my store. I'm getting pretty good traffic and a decent amount of people adding to cart and heading to checkout. But, I've only made one sale! I know my website is fairly new but I need honest opinions on how to get those conversions. I have a first order discount code, abandoned checkout discount code, pricing is fairly low. So I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has any ideas?

Thank you in advance

medusasvault.net 

Replies 3 (3)
Boom_Sales
Excursionist
33 1 0

Hello @breamo4 how are you doing? Have gone through your proposal carefully and comprehended it. Regarding your website, reasons for Abandon checkout in store is

Lack of trust - Web users aren't always comfortable providing credit card info online. ... High shipping costs - Customers often abandon shopping carts when they get sticker shock after seeing how much their order costs with shipping. Avoid this by offering free shipping promos.

To solve this issue, you need

Abandon Checkout flow, it a message or sequence of message sent to your store visitors or customers who added an item to their Shopping Cart but failed to Complete the purchase.

Note: The most important Marketing Strategies you in need is Email Marketing which is KLAVIYOKlaviyo allows a more seamless experience, while it collects and stores all the relevant data from Shopify. You'll be building and nurturing better relationships, delivering more memorable experiences and driving more sales.

If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!

✓If our reply was helpful? Click LIKE to let us know.
✓Was your question answered? Mark✓it as an {Accepted Solution}.
✓Need Any Help? Contact us @https://linktr.ee/demmahvibe
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
220 26 95

Hi @breamo4 

Thank you for sharing - I'd be happy to take a look and share my feedback

Getting your first couple of sales will always pose a challenge, but with the right effort in the right direction you will start converting your traffic to sales in no time - I will suggest focusing your energy on your marketing. They are a ton of useful resources on the Shopify blog and academy that can help you hone in on marketing. You can also check this article on Making your first sales in 30 days

There is this other one on How to Build and Launch a Profitable Store you can learn a thing or two from these articles.

Regarding the user/customer experience of your store which affects conversion rates

Here are what I think you have done well

1. I like how easy it is to navigate your store, from the homepage to check out - the experience is pretty straightforward and the store is responsive on mobile. (though on mobile, the two products per row on the collection pages makes the product images appear smaller, you might try only one product per row)

2. I like that you have a Live chat, which makes it easy for your visitors to reach out to you

Here are what I think can help improve the store experience for your customers

Homepage

1. I will suggest using a more high-quality hero image - this is what visitors see first when they land on your store, high-quality images show that you're professional and mean business. There are a lot of fake and shady people on Shopify, that is why making your store appear professional is super important. 

collinsmbaka_0-1630691879909.png

2. Change the background image - The current background image is too heavy on the eye, you want a background that is light and offers better contrast, maybe a lighter shade of the current background.

collinsmbaka_1-1630691915782.png

Product Page

1. Use color swatches to display product variants - This makes it easier for your customers to see all the available variants and also improves the aesthetics of the product page.

collinsmbaka_2-1630692070892.png

2. Add Shipping and Return Information and Show Estimated Delivery Date - Many customers don’t want to wait until checkout to know when they’ll receive their order, and showing the Estimated Delivery Date helps users to estimate when they can expect to receive their order. Add the delivery-date estimate, or delivery-date range, within the product page, it should be close to your "buy" button. When viewing an estimated delivery day like “Standard Shipping — 14 business days. Get it by Sept 19”, Your customers will have more confidence to make the purchase.

3. Show your customer reviews or testimonies - even if you don't have customer testimonies you can post Instagram feed of real people rocking your pieces of jewelry. This is really useful in making your store legit and trustable.

That's all from me - I hope you get useful points from it

Best of luck and cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
atroya
Tourist
35 0 1

Hello @breamo4 

First thing is first, when I'm on the product page, there's a lot of info missing such as detailed item description, shipping times (on product page), customer reviews,etc. Also, I noticed it seems to take a bit of time to load, however that could be my computer. As far as the checkout page goes while you do offer free shipping, there's no time frame on how long it will take to get to me. It also doesn't show any handling time. I'd suggest spiffing that up along with the product page, that itself will improve the customer experience by 100%. I found this article at Fenix Commerce that can also give you more information on making the delivery aspect better and customer ordering experience better. Best of luck!

https://fenixcommerce.com/what-do-customers-actually-want-from-their-delivery-experience/