Currency Change

seramoon
2 0 0

Dear All,

I got this error when I try to change currency. You’ve made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency. I want to convert my store currency from Turkish Lira (Try) to American Dollar (Usd). Please help me as soon as possible. 

My website address: www.sera-moon.com

Thank You. 

Replies 3 (3)
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1435 138 324

Hi @seramoon,

Thank you for getting in touch. Once you have processed a sale, the option to change your store's default currency is automatically locked as changing the currency after this point can have some adverse and potentially unwanted effects. If you change your currency from TRY to USD, then all of your product prices will not convert in accordance with any exchange rate, meaning a ₺50 TRY product will become a $50 USD one, for example. This will also affect any figures for your orders and in your store's analytics.

If you wish to change your store's currency with all of this in mind you can do so, but you will need to contact our support team directly and ask them to unlock the currency change option for you. They can do this once you have spoken with them and been authenticated on the store.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

seramoon
2 0 0

Hi @Victor .

With all this in mind, I want to change my store's currency. How can I contact the support team to unlock the currency change option? Can you help me with this?

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1435 138 324

Hi @seramoon,

I will not be able to unlock the currency selector option on your store as I am not able to authenticate you via the Shopify Community, which must be done in order for a member of our team to make a change to your store. You can log into your store and contact our support team here; just enter in your question or topic (e.g. "change currency") then at the bottom of that page you will see an option to contact support. Clicking here will then present you with different contact methods.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog