FROM CACHE - en_header

Custom Print On Demand Store - Feedback Wanted!

Solved
jimbearings
2 0 1

Hi all, I created this shop as a passion project but would love for it to become a full time job. I'm advertising on Facebook and have gotten a handful of clicks, but they all seem to bounce off of the homepage, not visiting any other pages.

Here's my site: https://bearingsbrand.com/

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @jimbearings!  

You have a really fun product here, and your website has a lot of good going on. For example, your newsletter pop-up is great. It’s fun and witty without being pushy. Great job! (My one suggestion for that is to hold off on showing it until someone engages with your product rather than when they first visit)

Let’s dive into the homepage, since that's the root of the issue. Once you get the homepage set, you can move on to analyzing other pages too. But since people aren't moving from your homepage, I'm going to stick with the homepage. 

Change your announcement bar message
Don’t use it to gather feedback; a survey/poll is better suited for this. Instead, focus on your free shipping and link it to your All Products collection. Or you may want to promote the 5% discount you have buried in your footer.

Focus your hero image on one message
Lose the rotating hero images and instead use one. A heatmap, which shows you where people click, will help you see which hero image resonates best with your visitors. This will let you hyperfocus your messaging on what your visitors are interested in. I would also take some time to try different messaging in general, “Whereabouts You Care About” wasn’t incredibly clear, and I spent more time trying to figure out what you meant. 

Don’t jump right into your products
Instead, I would add collections by region or move the “Find your Bearings” map up. Also, use a scroll heatmap to see how far people are scrolling. If people are staying at the top of your page and not scrolling, that further shows that your top of the page isn’t enticing enough.

Run a poll
Ask them for what products they are most interested in to evaluate if it’s customized or not. Or you could ask them, “What stopped you from checking out today?”

Missing links
You’ve done a great job thinking about pages that your visitors will thank you for. Things like Image Help and Production Updates are great. However, you’re missing Contact Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc. 

I would also replace your “Hey There” message with your contact information. Don’t get me wrong - it’s a great message. However, a visitor to your website cares a lot more about how to contact you rather than that you welcome them to your store. 

Overall
I would spend some time learning about your visitors. You have a great vision for your store, and I’m blown away by the quality of your work. Now you need to use that visitor behavior to learn what is scaring people away, whether they don’t quite understand your product or they aren’t sure if they can trust you. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @jimbearings,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

screencapture-bearingsbrand-2021-06-29-10_19_53.png

SHIPPING
At checkout it appears that you ship worldwide, however, when I move onto payment I got this error (I put in a Canadian address):

shipping-error.png

I would recommend going through and removing any places you don't currently ship to. A common mistake we see on here as well is not listing an estimated shipping time so just a heads up in case that applies to you.

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

REVIEWS
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend adding those links to your Shopify store.

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @jimbearings!  

You have a really fun product here, and your website has a lot of good going on. For example, your newsletter pop-up is great. It’s fun and witty without being pushy. Great job! (My one suggestion for that is to hold off on showing it until someone engages with your product rather than when they first visit)

Let’s dive into the homepage, since that's the root of the issue. Once you get the homepage set, you can move on to analyzing other pages too. But since people aren't moving from your homepage, I'm going to stick with the homepage. 

Change your announcement bar message
Don’t use it to gather feedback; a survey/poll is better suited for this. Instead, focus on your free shipping and link it to your All Products collection. Or you may want to promote the 5% discount you have buried in your footer.

Focus your hero image on one message
Lose the rotating hero images and instead use one. A heatmap, which shows you where people click, will help you see which hero image resonates best with your visitors. This will let you hyperfocus your messaging on what your visitors are interested in. I would also take some time to try different messaging in general, “Whereabouts You Care About” wasn’t incredibly clear, and I spent more time trying to figure out what you meant. 

Don’t jump right into your products
Instead, I would add collections by region or move the “Find your Bearings” map up. Also, use a scroll heatmap to see how far people are scrolling. If people are staying at the top of your page and not scrolling, that further shows that your top of the page isn’t enticing enough.

Run a poll
Ask them for what products they are most interested in to evaluate if it’s customized or not. Or you could ask them, “What stopped you from checking out today?”

Missing links
You’ve done a great job thinking about pages that your visitors will thank you for. Things like Image Help and Production Updates are great. However, you’re missing Contact Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc. 

I would also replace your “Hey There” message with your contact information. Don’t get me wrong - it’s a great message. However, a visitor to your website cares a lot more about how to contact you rather than that you welcome them to your store. 

Overall
I would spend some time learning about your visitors. You have a great vision for your store, and I’m blown away by the quality of your work. Now you need to use that visitor behavior to learn what is scaring people away, whether they don’t quite understand your product or they aren’t sure if they can trust you. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hey @jimbearingsThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify. Here are my inputs:

- On the product page, add a sample image of how it looks after adding a photo.

AiTrillion_0-1625043645764.png

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

AiTrillion_1-1625043823554.png

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

- Run email campaigns to drive conversions and reduce the bounce rate. Create customer segments and use personalization.

Trust badges & reviews are very important in eCommerce to make people trust your brand and store and make a purchase. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
jimbearings
2 0 1

Thank you Danny!

I sincerely appreciate the detailed and thoughtful response. I'll start to work through some of these suggested changes, really appreciate you taking the time to write this up.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hey @jimbearings,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the all-in-one marketing app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

P.S- Free plan available.

Reply Awaited!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.