Dawn Theme

JWilliams12
1 0 0

I am not able to change my heading in Dawn and also I can't seem to be able to locate my website online when I do a search. If I can't find then how will customers find it? Can somebody help with social media launches also?

Store:

Thisisusuniquebrands.store

Reply 1 (1)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @JWilliams12.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to offer you some suggestions. First, would you be able to provide me with your .myshopify.com URL so I can take a look at your shop? In regards to why you cannot search your website, I cannot reach your site from the domain you provided. Did you recently connect your domain to your Shopify account? If so, is the domain a third-party domain or a Shopify domain? You should be able to reach your shop by utilizing your myshopify.com URL in the meantime. 

If you are using a third-party domain, I recommend logging into your domain host to ensure you have followed our domain setup guidelines correctly. You can find our helpful third-party domain guide here if you need a refresher on what settings to change. You should only need to edit what is called an A record and C name in your domain provider dashboard in order to connect a third-party domain to Shopify, any other records present may affect access to your shop. As the guide states, the two records you need to change are as follows:  

- Point the A record to the Shopify IP address 23.227.38.65

- Point the CNAME record with the name www to shops.myshopify.com

As for editing your heading, can you clarify what you mean by your heading, a screenshot or explanation with your store link will help confirm this? If you mean you are not able to edit the header or "Top" area of your shop where your menus live, you can do this by heading to Online Store>Themes>Customize and clicking the Header area. Once inside your theme settings and Header area, you should be able to make changes based on the settings available. For example, here is the Dawn theme in my test store: 

I hope this information helps you out moving forward, feel free to reach back out here with any further context or questions, we are always happy to help out! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog