FROM CACHE - en_header

Disable Product Sorting

Rommmo
2 0 0

Hello!

The problem is simple... I need the default product sorting filter at the top of my page out for good

Captura de Pantalla 2021-08-12 a la(s) 16.08.47.png

I,ve just install a plug-in that solve my products filters needs... so I want the default shopify product sort "order by" at the top of my page out

No I don´t wan´t to change the order of the filter, I want to delete it

I understand that this problem could be solved in the past versions of shopify in the Theme Editor>Collection Pages>Disable Product Sort. But now that option doesn´t exist

Thank you for the attention.

Replies 4 (4)
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1863 189 307

Hey, @Rommmo.

This is Elias with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you're looking to disable the sort filter and the option to do this has disappeared from the theme. I've taken a look at a couple of our free themes and the option to disable the sort filter is still present. That being said, which theme are you using at the moment? Also, were there any coding changes made to your collection pages?

If you're using a Shopify-supported theme, then our Theme Support team would be happy to help take a look at your theme and disable the sort filter for you. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

For third-party or custom themes, we recommend reaching out to the theme developers to get support for your theme. You can also double-check your theme by installing a fresh version of the theme to check if the sort filter button is present, as this may help confirm whether it's an issue with the theme or with a customization to the theme's coding. 

I'd love to know if this helps point you in the right direction to get this issue resolved. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Rommmo
2 0 0

Hello @Elias and thank you for your answer

The Theme Im using it´s called "Venture"... I didn´t made any changes to the code, at least not for the collection pages... I understad that the option to disable the sort filter can be found in the "customize" theme editor>then clicking "collection page"

The problem is that I just don´t have that option... let me show you

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-19 a la(s) 08.47.58.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-19 a la(s) 08.48.13.png

If you say that the disable option for the soritng is still available can you please show me where? 

collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

Hi @Rommmo 

Thank you for your message!

I think you should reach out to the third-party app you're using for filtering. When you install a third-party app on your collection page, most of the filtering apps will edit your collection page code to be able to render your products with their own app grid and filters and this can be the reason why you're not able to disable the sort option from the theme customize.

I hope this helps

Cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1863 189 307

Hello, @Rommmo.

Thank you for following up!

It looks like you may have accidentally changed the coding when installing the third-party filtering app, as the option to disable/enable product filtering on the collection page is missing from your Venture theme. You can try rolling back your theme file to a previous version to see if that brings back the settings in the Storefront editor, or you can install a fresh version of Venture to see if the settings is present, this way you can confirm where the issue might be coming from.

Here is a screenshot for the Venture theme from my test store:

21-36-42566-26342

As @collinsmbaka has suggested, the issue may be caused by the installation of the third-party filtering app. While we can help with restoring the settings, you may want to reach out to the app developer for assistance with installing their app. If you'd like to get in touch with the developer, you can reach out directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

Did you get a chance to check using a fresh version of Venture?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog