Does anyone have any advice for me? I can use all the help I can get honestly.

Solved
SKNEEDWANTLOVE
6 0 0

Hi y'all! My name is Stacey and I just started a store called need it want it love it. But my domain is needwantloveit.com. Please check it out tell me what you think. I am new to all this and ultimately I am completely clueless. I am doing the best I can but I'm definitely trying my best to learn what I can. I need help with marketing I have no idea how to do that or how to apply any promotions to the store. I know I can hire help but.... I can't afford to pay a bunch of experts to help me especially when I have no idea how much of a return i'm going to have. I have already spent more than I planned. I did hire an expert for the theme but now I need help with branding and marketing and promotions....ya know? I do know this has been harder than I ever thought it would be. I just hope it'll will do well so I can stop living paycheck to paycheck. Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
DanSP
Shopify Partner
172 14 45

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SKNEEDWANTLOVE,

You must check and fix the issue with your products images first, 

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 14.43.07.png

Change your item's price to make them look more professional so all products have price format example like xx.99, xx.97, or xx.95

Dan from Ryviu

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)
DanSP
Shopify Partner
172 14 45

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SKNEEDWANTLOVE,

You must check and fix the issue with your products images first, 

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 14.43.07.png

Change your item's price to make them look more professional so all products have price format example like xx.99, xx.97, or xx.95

Dan from Ryviu

View solution in original post

waytoapps
Navigator
482 41 196

Hello @SKNEEDWANTLOVE 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a Favicon, which helps to find your store when customer had multiple tabs in their browser.

Add a nice logo, it gives Identity and it also separate you from the competition.

Add Shop now(CTA) on the hero banner. On CTA button customer should be able to click on it, to navigate to the collections page.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Make social links open on new tab.

Update contact us page with more details, which builds trust on your store.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
164 19 63

Hi @SKNEEDWANTLOVE ,

I visited your website. your products are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:
- add a best seller category
- Show promotion and a great shipping policy on the top

hori_tran_0-1636537692113.png

- Slide, automatically move after 3-5s and make the "call to action'' button better (this article may be helpful: https://qodeinteractive.com/magazine/how-to-design-cta/ )

hori_tran_1-1636537834821.png

- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat and discount pop up
- Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and discounts to attract customers

hori_tran_0-1636538578575.png

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC
- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.
- Add Google Analytics to track customers visiting your site
- lacking favicon

hori_tran_2-1636538429794.png

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
SKNEEDWANTLOVE
6 0 0

Thank you so much for your help I will definitely take a look at those images. I am a little bummed i just paid an expert to revamp my page and this is what he gave me.....what to do .....so much work but now i'm invested ya know?

SKNEEDWANTLOVE
6 0 0

OMG!!!! Thank you so much for all your advice! I am so grateful for your honesty. I honestly had no clue what i was getting myself into when i first started all this and now I can't see myself giving up no matter how hard it may be at times.... I am a little upset though because i just paid a shopify expert to revamp my website and i thought it was good. After reading your advice I realize I let him off the hook to easy. I should've made him fix EVERYTHING, YA KNOW? Now i'm probably going to either have to figure it out on my own or hire someone else and I really don't have the money to keep hiring experts ya know? Well I made notes on EVERYTHING you said and am going to make sure all those things are fixed or added. So thank you. I really appreciate it. How do ya'll get those pics off the website and into the chat box. I can't figure out how to do that....transfer pics. 

SKNEEDWANTLOVE
6 0 0

Your advice was so helpful I made a note about everything you said. I took to heart what advice y'all gave me and am going to get stated right away.

Emily
Shopify Staff
43 4 16

Hi, @SKNEEDWANTLOVE!

Thank you for reaching out. 

Congratulations on opening your store! I know it can seem overwhelming at the beginning but you’ve got this! I took a look at your store and think it looks great and you have a lot of really nice products. 

That’s great that you want to offer promotions. They can be a powerful marketing strategy for your store! I would recommend reading through our discounts help document, it goes over how to create a discount, types of discounts, and setting sale prices.

I also want to share a really great resource with you called Shopify Learn. It has hundreds of really helpful courses on all things Shopify, such as marketing, SEO, getting sales, branding and so much more. This can be a really great tool when you feel you need some assistance on areas you are unsure of.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best.

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3501 234 685

@SKNEEDWANTLOVE 

Business Advice, 

I am a little upset though because i just paid a shopify expert to revamp my website and i thought it was good.

Recognize building a business never ends until the business ends.

Unless there was some extreme 5-6 figure cost this may not be a case of "you get what you paid for" but the actual limits of the service provided for the max budget you had.

So it may infact have been GOOD. Now you know how to make it better.

Setting up a website is an iterative process there are a hundreds of edges to smooth that you most only will find after you've smoothed a bunch of other unrelated edges.

I should've made him fix EVERYTHING, YA KNOW?

The cost of EVERYTHING is EVERYTHING, you want the moon pay to get there.

Your not entitled to everything, developers are people too they get to have a life and there are limits on what you pay for.

Yes there are other service providers that may have done more, or a lot less,  but you still would have to sacrifice time in the comparisons finding them.

After all up until this posts recommendations weren't you happy with the value that was delivered?

Just because things are pointed out by handful of experts who donate a sliver of thought does not devalue the work and time done by someone else.

So it's a completely unfair comparison, moreover it's a dangerous attitude that turns into a resentment trap when investing in the development of an ecomm business.

After all the people pointing out issues aren't offering to fix EVERYTHING for free ya know now are they?

What important thing did you learn this Black Friday?

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a ☕ Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3501 234 685

In addition to @Emily 's advice look over some of the common store setup/launch checklists available on the web to find other areas to polish.

https://www.shopify.com/blog/shopify-store-launch-checklist

If you go through this one you'll end up reading a good portion of docs for merchants:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/intro-to-shopify/initial-setup/new-to-shopify-checklists/general-... 

What important thing did you learn this Black Friday?

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a ☕ Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com