Domain Question

Lashay7187
Tourist
23 0 2

Hi i have a exsting wesite but im using shopify as the store part

How can i change that domain located at the top to a secondary domain or sub domain

aa.JPG

Replies 3 (3)
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 734

@Lashay7187 

You can create a subdomain with your domain provider that has a CNAME that points to shops.myshopify.com. Once you've created the subdomain and added the required CNAME value, it can take up to 48 hours for the changes to take effect. You can then add the domain to your Shopify store (Online Store/Domains) by following our guide here. Once the domain is added, you can set the subdomain as your primary domain for your Shopify store so that you no longer see your ".myshopify.com" URL when viewing your storefront. 

Note: You will continue to see your ".myshopify.com" URL when logged into the admin. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lashay7187
Tourist
23 0 2

Question will this affect my domain connect to my website because im using wordpress as my website and shopify as the store part

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 734

@Lashay7187 

It'll only affect your domain if you update the root domain. If you create a subdomain in your domain manager, then point it to shops.myshopify.com, it shouldn't cause any issues with how your current website operates. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog