FROM CACHE - en_header

Email forwarding not working

Groovy1
1 0 0

Hi,

After I'd purchased my domain from Shopify, I proceeded to set up email addresses under the domain name,eg. info@groofyenglish.com. The email addresses were supposed to forward to another of my Gmail email address. I tested it but it didn't work.

Did anyone face the same problem and issue?

How can this issue be solved?

Thanks.

Reply 1 (1)
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 55 74

Hello @Groovy1!

Domains purchased through Shopify do indeed include the custom email addresses, however they do not come with email forwarding. In order to setup email forwarding for that domain, you will need to look into doing this through a third party service such as (but not limited to) Google Workspace or Zoho. The ones mentioned are recommended as they come with MX records, where as for another service such as Yahoo you may need to manually add it by editing your DNS settings.

Below I have a video tutorial from our Shopify Help Centre on How to Set up Email Forwarding:

All of the steps mentioned in the video can be found in our help doc on this topic here.

Please also note that Shopify Support is not able to access your third-party email settings. If you need help configuring your email settings in Zoho Mail or Google Workspace, then contact your third party email hosting service provider.

If after you try these steps you find that it is still not working, do feel free to let me know what you're seeing here anyway and how you went about testing it - I might be able to suggest something else before you contact the hosting service provider.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! -Lana 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - / Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog