Famvibe is a complete scam

Solved
N4AOF
2 0 0

The Shopify store famvibe.com is a complete scam.

At best, this store is deceptive in that they are selling "personalized Christmas Ornaments" with no intention of fulfilling orders before Christmas.

Worse than that, they are running a blatant scam where they collect the payment information for an order, process the payment against the customer's credit card, get their money, then return the customer to their order page saying "Your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again in a few minutes" even though the payment has already been processed.

Then if the customer doesn't fall for the scam by resubmitting the same order a second time, famvibe sends out a scam email telling the customer that they left an item in the shopping card and that they need to return to provide payment details to finish processing their order.

If the customer attempts to contact famvibe via their website, the "contact us" link says they have "live chat" but actually all that is provided is a text box for the customer to type in a message that the site says will be submitted and that someone will contact them soon. (fat chance of actually being contacted!)

If the customer attempts to contact famvibe at their published phone number, all they get is a recording telling them to use the non-existent 'live chat' on their website or to send an email to customer@famvibe.com

Any emails sent to customer@famvibe.com either go completely unanswered or trigger an automatic reply telling the customer that famvibe provides 24/7 live chat support via their website (as already noted, this is a lie.)

There is actually no way to contact this scam company.

I have filed a formal complaint with the Michigan Attorney General because the company's supposed warehouse address is in Detroit although every indication is that even when famvibe does process orders they are just forwarding the orders to a dropshipping operation.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Nick
Community Moderator
4247 422 884

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @N4AOF,

Sorry to hear about your shopping experience. It's never nice to feel this way when you're trying to purchase something! 

In terms of next steps, if you have found or believe a store is operating in an illegal or harmful way or if they are in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), please fill out an AUP report here. We investigate material reported to us and take action if it violates the AUP.

This is the quickest and most efficient way to get this information to the correct team on our end who will investigate this further!

In terms of your order itself, the best next step is to contact your bank directly. Your bank should have measures built in for exact situations like this and will be able to help you in relation to the payment made from your account.

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
Nick
Community Moderator
4247 422 884

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @N4AOF,

Sorry to hear about your shopping experience. It's never nice to feel this way when you're trying to purchase something! 

In terms of next steps, if you have found or believe a store is operating in an illegal or harmful way or if they are in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), please fill out an AUP report here. We investigate material reported to us and take action if it violates the AUP.

This is the quickest and most efficient way to get this information to the correct team on our end who will investigate this further!

In terms of your order itself, the best next step is to contact your bank directly. Your bank should have measures built in for exact situations like this and will be able to help you in relation to the payment made from your account.

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

N4AOF
2 0 0

Thanks.

I followed your suggestion to submit an AUP report although I doubt anything will be done, considering that FamVibe isn't that much shadier than many other stores using shopify.    When a platform's only requirement is a working email address, it's bound to occasionally attract some sellers that are less than fully reputable regardless of the best intentions on either side.

My issue with FamVibe was resolved when they dropped the charge against my credit card -- the seller claims that this sort of problem with pending credit card charges is "common" but I've got credit cards that are older than this seller and I have never seen a charge that was processed by the bank and recorded as "pending" just magically disappear without the change being at the merchant, not the bank.  If this merchant is having a problem with credit card charges reaching the bank and being recorded than magically disappearing, it is either at their end or with the company processing the charges for them (I wonder if other Shopify clients are also seeing this as a common occurrence).

I finally managed to chat with the "company" -- and was interested to note that it was "one in the morning" for him while it was 1PM for me.  So, despite pretending their location is an address in Detroit Michigan, the seller is actually in China.  On the other hand, the orders do pass through that Detroit address because this seller is just one of many dozens of small vendors who are actually selling products made by a single custom printing operation which appears to also be in China despite maintaining a physical addresses in the US and another in Canada.  This back and forth international drop-ship and reship operation explains much of the slowness of all the "companies" selling the products.