feed back on my store

Solved
QGlowfashion
Tourist
4 0 0

hello I just opened a store and would appreciate some feedback   www.qglowfashion.com

0 Likes
QGlowfashion
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello Droppersstop

I will take your suggestions with improvement to my store. I appreciate the critical feedback and time checking out my store. Thank you.  

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1042 114 188

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @QGlowfashion,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations!

Starting a new store is an exciting, exhilarating time for anyone. Welcome to the platform! There are some essentials that I would recommend straight off the bat. As with many start-ups, the important thing for you to do is introduce yourself to the world with a strong niche mission and worldview. Be super clear on who you are selling to and what it is you're selling. Seth Godin has a great overview of this:

You've made it clear that you want to sell products that are made for the customers, implying a certain level of personalization and identity.

20-08-76frl-fbpo5

So you need to know who your customer is. Who is your customer? What magazines do they read? What social media do they hang out on? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech? There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

Then you need to draw those customers into your site. Here are some cheap/free ways to increase traffic to your store.

When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser:

Monosnap_2018-05-21_14-12-43

You can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon. 

I hope this all helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

QGlowfashion
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you for all the information. Another member mentioned the favicon also. I am taking everything into consideration. Yes I know what and who I want to sell too honestly targeting the women. They are the shoppers but there is a need for men also. Women shop for their babies. Ive thought about implementing kids also would it be a good idea? 

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1042 114 188

Showing your store as a brand that is an authority in a particular niche is a great way to set yourself apart from your competitors. Even though you may not be manufacturing your products, your brand can show itself to be the best curator in your niche.

To do this you should pick a niche that you are knowledgeable about and curate your products around it. In a saturated market, it’s best to be specific instead of broad. For example, a women's clothing store is probably going to be easier to develop an identity and brand around then a clothing store for men, women, and children that covers multiple styles and tries to market to a huge and diverse audience. Generally, Amazon and eBay are people's go-to shopping platforms for that.

So go more niche and specific, not broader!  I hope that makes sense. 

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

QGlowfashion
Tourist
4 0 0

How can we remove a post on this community board? 

0 Likes