Feedback for my store

SJ90
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi there, 

I am looking for some feedback for my store please, any comments are appreciated 🙂 

Link here! https://oliveandwillowinteriors.co.uk

Replies 5 (5)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @SJ90,

I'd be happy to provide feedback on your store!

When you post your store link, tag me @EcomGeeks so I get a notification and know to come back to this post.

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

SJ90
Tourist
9 0 0

@EcomGeeks Sorry! Forgot that important piece of info! 

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @SJ90,

I've taken a look through your store and have some feedback for you.

olivewillow-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
I'd recommend adding in a homepage banner. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

NAVIGATION
I'd recommend working on your navigation menu. I'd add in a home link and I'd also condense your text. Once you start running into a second line of text, it's too much.

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

LOCAL
Sell locally first to get those first customers and to bring in reviews. You can advertise by joining local community groups, Facebook buy & sell pages, joining online trade shows (and in person when you are able).
Make sure to include a business card with every purchase that includes an incentive (such as a percentage off) for their next online purchase. This creates awareness that you have an online store and encourages people to purchase through your website.

Here is a video on how to create discount codes:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

REVIEWS
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2496 342 1665

Hi @SJ90,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my advice for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I have just taken a quick look at your website and I picked up some plus points are:

• Have a favicon for your store - which makes your store look unique and professional.
  • Having a matching theme with what you are selling, which is nice, to be honest.

However, I would like to give you some suggestions about your store so that you could consider changing and hope that the conversion rate is enhanced accordingly.

1. Having a sticky menu:

This helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the navigation bar anytime they want. 

Also, please put all the navigation texts in 1 row and resize the favicon a little bit. This broadens some more spaces to discover the content below.

PageFly_0-1629332652951.png

2. Featured Image

The featured image can express what your products are. However, it seems to be cut off a little bit. Please check it!

PageFly_1-1629332653888.png

3. About Us

This section includes text only, so it can be easily overlooked. I highly recommend you put it with any of your brand images/gifs/videos. I bet it would catch the eyes of the visitors. Anyway, the font size is regarded to be small my dear, please adjust it bigger.

PageFly_2-1629332652922.png

4. Products

This section should be named with a heading kind of “New Arrivals” or “Best-seller”. Moreover, you should use another color for the price to highlight it

PageFly_3-1629332653372.png

Same as this section, as I believe it would make the compared price more appealing to the customers.

PageFly_4-1629332653375.png

5. CTA buttons

Please kindly remember that all CTA buttons should have the same styling. This could increase the conversion rate of your store

PageFly_5-1629332653180.png

6. Add testimonials section:

It is of great importance because your brand trust can be enhanced. You can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer is helpful, LIKE IT or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers!

PageFly

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

thevista888
Explorer
65 0 21

I think you can work on footer menu, it's kinda has too many space. The rest is incredibly good.