Feedback for our store NEEDED!

Koala77
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi everyone,

We recently launched our online store.

We focus mostly on eco-friendly homeware and accessories and we are currently targeting mainly Australia and New Zealand.

We have been regularly investing in Facebook and Google campaigns and we have already completed a few sales.

Our store’s speed score is significantly slow a the moment (especially for mobile) and we are looking for a solution to improve it. Perhaps it requires some coding work?

We would appreciate if you guys could give suggestions for the above as well as overall feedback on our store design.

Our store Url is

www.koalacollective.com.au

looking forward to receiving your suggestions.

Marina & Antonio

Replies 7 (7)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2505 345 1673

Hi @Koala77,

Congratulations on launching your store on Shopify! I love the calm and peaceful vibe from your store, the green color is suitable for it too - you did a very good job there!

As there’s always room for improvement, so for recommendations, I have some comments if you are interested:

1, The banner is quite captivating, but you can improve it even more. As it draws the most attention from customers, you can make use of it with the following method:

• Placing a CTA button. CTA button will catch your customers’ will to shop, and directly link them to your Shop All page. I notice that you have a CTA button at the last image; however, not all customers check every single image on the slideshow, most of them will just stop at the first one. You can make use of it by moving the CTA button at the first image.
  • Make the slideshow run and repeat on itself. As mentioned before, not all customers check every image on the slideshow. Making the slideshow run automatically will help customers have a better experience without effort. It also makes your store looks modern and attractive. 

PageFly_0-1609931025151.png

2, Add secondary hover image for products and collections. Having more than 1 still image makes the products look lively, also takes advantage of your diverse images. It can trigger customers’ curiosity, knowing that the collection has more than one type of product. Customers can also have a better look at your products without the need to click on each of them, which allows them to easily compare your products.

PageFly_1-1609931050824.png

3, Let the Subscribe section be the last section of the page. Allow your customers, especially people that reach your store for the first time, spend a little time wandering around your store to understand your spirit and explore all the features provided, before asking them for information. Customers are more likely to give you what you want after they have a brief understanding of you and your store.

PageFly_2-1609931077339.png

Above are some of my recommendations for your store, hope you can find them helpful! You can give it a like if you find it useful or mark as the solution if it answers your question.

Hope your business is successful and gain more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

Koala77
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi @PageFly,

Thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated!

It is all valuable information 🙂

Looking forward to other suggestions from members out there!

Cheers,

Marina & Antonio

Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1417 145 259

Hi @Koala77,

Hyde here from Shopify. Your store's fantastic - kudos!

I can't replicate the slow store speed myself when trying it on mobile or desktop. Could you direct me to where you're most experiencing it? Is it when you do something specific on the website? We do have a helpful guide for optimizing your store speed here that may help. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

All the best, Hyde.

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Koala77
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi @Andrew thanks for your message and your suggestion.

We realized that speed might have been affected by past liquid coding conflicts. Today we uploaded a fresh theme and it seems to have solved the speed issue.

We are looking forward to applying new upgrades to the theme to make it more and more user friendly.

Thanks again for your response

Cheers

Marina & Antonio

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1671 143 428

Hi @Koala77 my team are experts in Shopify performance optimization so I can comment on that.

Your store is looking pretty well optimized already, home page is quite light weight.

I ran it through the Shopify Analyzer (a free analysis tool we built for the Shopify community) and see there are a couple things you could tighten up:

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 8.57.25 AM.jpg

You can see the full results here: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fuocuoj0cx.

It looks like you already have a form of lazy loading installed that we call "placeholder lazy loading". It's not actual lazy loading, but what it does instead is load a placeholder image on page startup, then as the user scrolls it loads in the full size image.

If you convert to "true" lazy loading site wide you can save some requests and page weight, that will help a little. You can learn how to do that here: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-lazy-loading/, sometimes you just need to remove the src attribute from the code (make sure to test on a duplicate theme though).

If you want that done for you site-wide just reach out to my team at speedboostr.com/contact and ask for Joe, I'll take care of you. 👍

As for your other pages, home page is a good sign of overall health so they're probably good but if you want to inspect each individually, run the url through the Shopify Analyzer to see if there are optimization opportunities.

One last tip that doesn't affect initial load speed (or stats in analysis tools) is Preloading. This tactic preloads certain assets in the theme when the user lands on your site, so that each additional site they visit will load quicker. Details and how to implement that here: https://speedboostr.com/resource-hints.

Good luck with the launch phase I hope you have a big year! 🎉

• Creator of Order Automator (automation app to save you and your team time on admin tasks)
• Shopify developer for +10 years
• Contributor on the Speed Boostr blog
• Guy who likes to help people
Koala77
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hi @JoesIdeas,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

We've just run Shopify Analyzer. We will be looking into lazy loading & preloading right away!

Wishing you a great year as well,

Marina & Antonio

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Koala77, I hope you are doing well! your store looks good and attractive. Here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- On the homepage after the collection, add a section of trending/ new/ recently viewed products. Give product recommendations to your customers by personalizing their shopping experience. To add these sections you can also install the app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations. 

- Don't label all the products 'on sale'. 

- You can add a countdown timer, sales motivator bar. It will help in creating curiosity among customers. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars. 

You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Overall your store looks great. All you need to do is add these eCommerce essential engagement tools that will help you to engage visitors coming to your store and convert them into paying customers. It also helps to retarget your customers in real-time which helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.