Hi Shopify Wizards !
Could you please give some quality feedback to my Shopify Store ? 🖼
Thanks ! Merci
Francisco • Frozen Sailor Team 🌊
Hey Francisco (@Franz22),
Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.
Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:
POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:
As you know, prints can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a piece of wall art in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.
Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery. For you, you have tones of great reasons why someone should purchase from you in your about page so definitely use that in your marketing and in the text in your store. A first time visitor doesn't know who you are and with print on demand prints being so common, people wont know hat you personally took these photos and that they are high quality prints unless you tell them.
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. I see you have that information on the product pages but it should be at the checkout itself. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information.
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Thank you for sharing. I'd be happy to take a look and give you feedback.
I think your store is well designed, I like how easy it is to use and you have done a good job with the product images, it is neat. Here is my feedback and I hope you get useful points from it.
- Make the product image column sticky when a user is viewing the product description
- Use color swatches to display product variants: This makes it easier for your customers to see all the available variants and also improves the aesthetics of the product page.
- Use a carousel or scrollable section to display your product images on the mobile version: having all the product images take up all that space is not neat, it will be simpler to use an image carousel or have them in one line and make it scrollable horizontally.
- Add a Quickview and AddtoCart button on the products on your collection and home pages: Having a Quickview button option on your collection page will make it easier for your customers to view more of your products. When they are able to easily preview and read the product details without going to the product page, they are more likely to view more products and which in turn can increase their chances of making a purchase.
Most themes already have a Quickview/Quickshop option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it.
Also, you can get the Quickview/Quickshop option for free when you install the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.
- I will also recommend adding a smart collection filter and search app to your store. That will greatly increase the UX of your store and make it easier for your customers to search and filter through the store and find what they want. You can check out the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.
Best of luck and cheers!
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.
- Make the announcement bar clickable. Also, add a call to action button on it to let customers take an action on it.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
Add a loyalty rewards program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increasing the retention rate.
Hope you found my suggestions helpful! Implementing the above suggestions will help you to make your store engaging to engage the customers coming to your store.
To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions.
P.S- Free plan available.
When it comes to conversions the absolute #1 most important thing has to be load times.
Your website takes 3.4 seconds to load the first bite of content.
According to Google your losing more than half your visitors before the page ever loads.
Google says 53% of mobile users abandon sites that take over 3 seconds to load.
Google also limits the number of crawlers if your server is slower than two seconds.
And Google doesn’t like to rank slow websites.
Amazon showed they would lose $1.6 BILLION a year for every one second slow down.
Walmart said when they improved page load time by one second conversions increased by 2%.
So you’ve got to speed your site but in addition to that it does look a little plain Jane.
I’m not sure what express shipping is but there is a header on the home page talking about it but I can’t click on it to get a better understanding of what exactly express shipping means.
Then we have what are customers saying and then you ask me to sign up for your newsletter.
Before I ever see the first product I’m being asked to sign for your newsletter.
It’s like asking someone to marry you before the first date.
And then the site is sprinkled with the share and like buttons that slow the site down, kills conversions, and sends traffic off your site to the social media sites where your competition resides and you have no control.