FROM CACHE - en_header

Feedback greatly appreciated on new store

cplcan
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello!

We recently switched over from Squarespace to Shopify. Our traffic has remained similar, but sales seem to be slowing. Would appreciate any feedback on layout or wording that may be slowing or driving people away. 

Website is www.uglyrugly.com

Thanks for any feedback!

Replies 6 (6)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @cplcan,

Welcome to Shopify! Your store looks very professional. well organized and trustworthy. Well done! 

After taking a look through your store I have a few suggestions.

First, on your homepage I'd recommend tweaking the homepage banner just a little for desktop viewers (it looks just fine on mobile). The photos are beautiful and you definitely want to show them off but because the photo is so big, your text and call to action buttons are cut off until you scroll.

uglyrugly-home.png

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO (this is done on your product pages, we show you how in our video). By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. 

I'd recommend utilizing Shopify's Sales Channels to connect your Instagram to your store (it's free).

The last thing I'll touch on are your shipping options. Both options have the same delivery time, one is just .50c more. I'm not sure if it was intentional but I thought I'd mention it.

uglyrugly-shipping.png

Overall, excellent job! We wish you all the best.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

PS: If you would like to talk more in depth about your store, we offer 1-1 sessions, you can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

cplcan
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks for the feedback! I adjusted the image to not be full bleed to allow it to fit a bit better. I think in the future I am shooting banner images I will keep in mind they should be much wider than they are tall to fix this issue. 

Appreciate your very kind feedback on the look and images!

SaurabhKhante
Shopify Partner
36 2 10

Hi @cplcan 

Great job on continuing to put efforts and seeking feedback. You’ve created a great store with an interesting niche. Here are a few key actionables I recommend for you!

Homepage:

1. On the Home page I would recommend adding a "Featured Products" section.
  2. The favicon on your site isn't really visible. You might try changing it to something more catchy.
  3. The "Shop Now" button on the hero image isn't eye catching. Do consider changing the color.

Product Page:

1. On the products' page it consider adding a "Buy Now" button on the products itself. 
  2. The "Add to Cart" and "Buy Now" button on the product page are very faint in color. Please change it to a color which catches attention.  
  3. As you are selling a lot of products, consider adding product badges like "Best-Seller", "Few Left", "Rare" etc. Research suggests that these badges help customers make decision making faster, easier and increase conversion.
    You can use Mode Magic to do this. It's free to install and has a few forever free badges. You also get 10 free badges to start with!

Hoping the above points would help you in improving your store🙂

Feel free to reach out to me in case you have any concerns, happy to help 🙂

Saurabh K | Shopify Growth Expert @getmodemagic.com

- Was my reply helpful? Please give it a "Like" to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2745 383 1727

@cplcan Hello there, 

We are PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked the store of yours and I have a little feedback on your product page, and I hope it helps

Invest in bespoke imagery 

More product images should be added (3-5 images from different angles per product). Don’t just show what a product looks like but how it works in real life. Your products are lovely and unique so lifestyle shots will be a game-changer in conversion rate optimization 

A1.jpg

Use accordion for product variants is a good idea to make your product page more organized.

Seeding.jpg

Return Policy

Customers get hesitant to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.

The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy-to-read and clear for customers.

seeding 4.jpg

Use Delivery Date

Once a purchase decision is made, the buyer is excited to get your product on their hand as soon as possible. When viewing “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by April 4th”, visitor get the urgency to make the purchase.

Product description

The information provided through product descriptions is an essential element for most users in the process of finding a suitable product. It should be eye-catching and attractive. Otherwise, it will make customer tired and skip the details. Consequently, that might cause troubles for your business.

Subdivide Long Product Descriptions with Sections and Headings

Use block text and bullet point

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder. 

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

PageFly 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @cplcan, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. I do also have a few suggestions to offer you:

- On the homepage, add a section of trending products and new products.

- Add these categories in the header menu.

Screenshot (23)_LI.jpg

- You need work on pricing. It's too high. You might miss out on sales because of that. 

- Add social media links in the footer menu.

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product to someone.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4055 807 856

Hi @cplcan 

You have nice products and I love the images. However, I think it would be better if you change a little bit in Homepage

- Keep the menu sticky: Whenever customers need to access the menu they don't have to scroll out again.

- The Footer is not so impressed. It has too much space on the right. 

Hope it's helpful to you. 

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Get your 1-month Shopify free trial from LitExtension. CONTACT US!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!