Feedback on conversions for ModSetJewelry.com

modsetjewelry
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello! I've recently created my website modsetjewelry.com and have been working with an SEO person to help build backlinks and SEO worthy content. We've been getting visitors, and adds to carts, but conversions are still pretty low. I'm sending abandoned cart emails. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback or suggestions on how to bolster sales. Thank you!

Replies 8 (8)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2511 345 1673

Hi @modsetjewelry

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App  here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this Ultimate Checklist on Best Practices To Optimize Your Conversion Rate .

I/ Homepage

1. Make the Header sticky. As the search bar is in the Header, you can consider make it sticky so that customer can reach for it anytime they need to find anything.

PageFly_0-1628615303654.png

2. You should condense your content throughout the page. On average, visitors would only pay a few seconds to scan your page to understand what you're selling. If you explain too much or the text is too lengthy, the chances are they would bounce. Paragraph should only be in 2-3 lines, and you can do some styling to make the key idea pop. 

PageFly_2-1628615491139.png

3. Make the CTA more prominent. Our ultimate goal is to lure the customers to make actions as we wish and follow the CTA that we strategically place across the website. Therefore, we need to make those buttons as impressive and as eye-catching as possible. For example, in this part, I'm not sure you want me to browse your products or look into your promotion campaign. 

PageFly_3-1628615576605.png

II/ Collection Page

1. Add CTA button for Product Lists. CTA buttons serve as a guidance to your customers to know what to do next when browsing through your store.

PageFly_4-1628615690490.png

2. Use Load More instead of Pagination. The majority of the merchants would prefer Pagination but the feature itself poses some difficulties if they want to compare 2 products from 2 pages.

PageFly_5-1628615720990.png

III/ Product Page

1. Use Color Swatch for Product Variant. Swatches are easily findable, allow for direct comparison between color variations, and require less interaction compared to alternative presentations such as drop-downs, making them the best option for presenting color variations.

PageFly_7-1628615794666.png

Overall, this is a very clean layout website and you must have put a lot of time and effort into this. You can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best! 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

modsetjewelry
Tourist
4 0 0

@PageFly Thank you for your thorough analysis of my site. I will look into your app for clarifying some of the issues you pointed out!

Best,
Erica

collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

Hi @modsetjewelry 

Congrats on your new store - I have just had a look and I will add a few suggestions to what @PageFly has listed. Which are really good feedbacks

Add a Quickview and AddToCart Button on the collection page.

Having a Quickview/Quickshop option on your collection page will make it easier for your customers to view more of your products. When they are able to easily preview and read the product details without going to the product page, they are more likely to view more products and which in turn can increase their chances of making a purchase.

Most themes already have a Quickview/Quickshop option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it.

Also, you can get the Quickview/Quickshop option for free when you install the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.

Optimize your product pages

Add Estimated shipping dates and Options on the individual product pages. This will help the customers know when they are likely to get their products when they order and also the shipping options available.

Add Available payment options on the product pages. On the product page, you want customers to Add to Cart and check out as fast as possible, that is why it is important to include all the necessary information on the product page. So the customers will have the confidence to continue to checkout. This information also includes the Product reviews

Here is an example for reference;

collinsmbaka_0-1628629042348.png

Engage with your customers and visitors

To connect with your visitors better. I will suggest adding a Live chat, you want to reach out to your visitors and show that you're ready to answer any question they might have. If you added a Live chat that launched after 90 seconds of someone landing on your store that asks, “What stopped you from checking out today?” may help you uncover some valuable insights. The trick here is to understand why a visitor isn’t engaging or converting to then work on fixing the issues.

I hope you get useful insights from this feedbacks.

Best of Luck!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
modsetjewelry
Tourist
4 0 0

@collinsmbaka Thank you for the feedback as well! All very helpful. I'll start implementing changes. I've wondered about adding a quick view tho... for mobile does it make it too cluttery/confusing? 

Thanks,

Erica

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @modsetjewelryThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are few suggestions on your store that you can work on to drive conversions and make your store even better:

Some good points of your store:

• easy to navigate
  • great products with good quality images
  • visually appealing

- You can add background image here on the homepage & display this content on that image as shown in the below screenshot. 

AiTrillion_0-1628672911294.png

- Add a call to action button here on the homepage as shown in the below screenshot. 

AiTrillion_1-1628673666198.png

- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar so customers can take an action on it. 

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales in your store and retain the customers for the long term.

- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

Hope this helps! 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @modsetjewelry 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. However, it is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
LimeSpotGuru
Shopify Partner
64 1 8

Hi @modsetjewelry 

Congratulations on the launch of your store. I just spent some time on your store and here is a bit of feedback I have for you to improve sales:

1. Use more call to action language on your website.

2. Make the UX great for the customer (use AI-Powered Product Recommendations in all pages so your shoppers don't hit the back button on then browser)

3. Reduce the choice overload by providing a personalized experience for your shoppers. I can help you with this. Please see LimeSpot Personalizer and let me know if I can help you more.

Overall your store looks very professional and the images are very high quality in my opinion. Best of luck!

Cheers,

Michelle

- Personalize your website, recommendations, upsell and cross sell with our Personalizer app
- Generate more sales and ROAS with our Google Shopping Ads app
- Visit our blog for tips on how to grow your ecommerce business
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

Hi @modsetjewelry 

Thank you for your response.

Well, this is a common question from merchants and most will rather have the quickview on desktop only. I don't think it will be confusing if customized properly - it can be a button below the product grid that loads a popup modal with your product details and a cancel button that customers can use to close it and continue browsing the collection. It has to be really simple, else it will become a problem. 

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact