Feedback on how I can optimize my store

Sobukwe
1 0 0

Please my the Shopify community assist me with provided feedback on our store. We are a young store selling hair extensions, wigs, and lashes and have been able to attract some customers through our advertising on social media and Google, however, I would like to revamp the store so that it attracts more customers.

Can anyone provide feedback on the store any comments about anything and everything such as area's we should change, add on or should improve upon to make the feel and look of the store products more convertible?

Also is there a Shopify guru that the community recommends to assist with the tweaks and improvements in order to maximize this year and can focus our efforts on advertising. 

Thank you in advanced. 

http://ethnicextensions.com

Replies 3 (3)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Sobukwe,

Congratulations on launching your store!

I've taken a look over your website and have a few suggestions.

With the lengths, I would make it a little more clear as to what the lengths are. Currently it is quite confusing. Lengths listed as 14". 16", 18" and etc. with some sort of visual guide of what it would look like on would be ideal.

ethnicextensions-length.png

Next, when I click you menu, a few are blocked by some items you have on the left-hand side:

ethnicextensions-menu.png

My next recommendation would be to make the backgrounds of all your main images and sizes consistent across the board. You can use variations of the images under additional product photos but having that main image looking the same makes it look more professional.

screencapture-ethnicextensions-collections-clip-ins-2021-01-08-09_57_36.png

Next, I would recommend swapping out your background color for one that matches your product photo backgrounds. You can still add pops of color on things like buttons, links, titles but generally a white or light neutral color works best for backgrounds.

Another thing I noticed is that you still need to add a favicon to your store.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Lastly, because you mentioned ads, please check out our 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy Video:

A word of caution: ensure your products are all synthetic. Shopify has a strict policy about not selling human goods which includes real hair extensions. A lot of stores have been shut down due to this!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2497 342 1665

Hi @Sobukwe , 

PageFly would like to have some feedback on your store:

Sticky Header: I think you should use the sticky Header and show the main menu on the header. It will make the header and the main menu follow the visitors to anywhere on your pages. Being always visible will help visitors navigate your site easier.

Showing the full search bar with an input field will also be useful; it will make the search bar more visible instead of just an icon; Many visitors will want this feature to search for your products.

PageFly_0-1610184085674.png

Homepage

Banner: the banner is the first impression when customers land on your Homepage. Please consider adding one to your Homepage. The featured product on the top of the Homepage could confuse some customers and make it hard to deliver your messages.

PageFly_1-1610184085891.png

Product lists: CTAs like Add-to-Cart or Buy Now button on the product list can help customers purchase and skip the product page. Adding the hover effect, which shows the second product image, would also help. It can give some more information about the products.

Featured products: using this section can help you to increase the sale of a specific product. You can urge customers to purchase by using the countdown timer plus a reasonable discount.

Pop-up: If you need to begin an email marketing campaign to find the lead, start from an email list first. A combo of discount and pop-up should be good to convince customers to fill their email to the form.

Product page

Color Swatches: you can switch the standard color variant selector with the color swatch to increase your store's visual and give customers a better experience when choosing the products.

More sections like Refund or Shipping policies with the accordions: customers will want to find and check other information about the services before buying on your store. You don't need to worry about not enough space on the product page since you can reduce the area using the accordions.

PageFly_2-1610184112929.png

PageFly hopes that the feedback above can be useful for your store. Please Hit Like and mark Solution if you find those feedback helpful.

Good luck with your store!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Sobukwe, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:

-  Here in both the images you can see that there are different fonts. You have written about your brand so the brand name should be written in the same way, the same font.

Screenshot (99).pngScreenshot (98).png

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram shop & feed

To add the product recommendations like new/ trending/ recently viewed products you can install the app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations. 

- This is overlapping. Fix this.

Screenshot (97).png

- Your connect program page has some error.

- Add marketing tools in your store that will help you to engage visitors coming to your store and convert them into paying customers. Add an attractive discount popup with a discount code to attract visitors and entice them with exciting offers.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.