Feedback on Light-stories.com (art photographs in wooden boxes)

Solved
jdesarnauts
3 0 0

Hello Community

We've just launched a new store and I would appreciate some feedback on how to improve its performance, the ergonomy.... It's French and English.

We print art photographs and display them in wooden boxes equipped with LED lights. It's quite a unique proposition between arts and decoration.

In advance, i appreciate your time and ideas !

Thanks

Julien

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @jdesarnauts.

My apologies, I must have missed your store URL in the subject of your message. That said, I would be happy to provide some feedback on your store. The first thing I would suggest is to write an About us page and link it in your main menu here: 

You can use it to tell the story of your business to your customers and help them connect to your brand. We have a helpful guide on writing an effective about us page here if you wanted to investigate this further. 

Next, I would recommend adding an Announcement banner to your store, this is a good way to share new or important information with your customers. You could add a banner to share the following information:

• any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments
  • any updated or new policy pages
  • any promotions being offered at this time, such as new gift cards

Many Shopify themes and certain third-party themes will have an announcement banner option built-in, so you may have the option readily available to you. Feel free to check out our announcement banner guide here for more information. If your theme does not have a built-in banner option, you can download a third-party announcement banner app instead, here are a couple of examples you can look into if that's the case:

- Bannerfly

- All Announcement Banners 

- Quick Announcement Bar

I am also curious about this re-use of your menu displayed at the bottom of your shop here. 

Generally speaking this second menu (if added) would go in the footer area of your shop, at the very bottom of your shop. Is there a specific reason you have added it here? It looks like you may be using a third-party theme, so I might suggest reaching out to your theme developer to look into repositioning this for better aesthetics. 

I also notice that your logo/title looks a bit blurry: 

You may want to reference our Uploading images guide, to ensure you are uploading all your images as per our recommended resolutions and aspect ratios. If you are using a third-party theme, you may want to double-check with your theme developers if they have any specific limitations or recommendations when uploading images to their themes. I also looked through your product sections and really loved looking at the awesome products you are offering. I do notice that most of your product images are varying sizes as well, most likely due to the aspect ratio of the photos. This may be something the above images guide will help out with too, you want to ensure all the product photos you are uploading are matching across the board to give accurate sizing. We typically recommend 2048 x 2048 pixels for square product photos, again, if you are using a third-party theme they may have different resolution/aspect ratio recommendations. 

Aside from that, your shop is looking great and you will want to start focusing on bringing traffic into your shop. One thing you can look into is improving your search engine optimization (SEO). You can use search engine optimization to improve the search engine ranking for your store and help customers find your products and shop easier among stores that may be similar to yours. We have a really handy guide for SEO here, that you can check out for more information and steps to look into. Another great resource that I love sending our merchants is this fantastic article that talks about building traffic. It touches on important questions you should be asking of your store, such as:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their implicit cost-benefit analysis. 
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

It then moves on to share examples of ways you can start marketing your shop and bringing in legitimate traffic to your shop to start making sales. 

I hope some of this feedback helps you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @jdesarnauts 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @jdesarnauts.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback on your shop. Can you please share your store URL and storefront password (if you have it enabled)? 

flareAI
Shopify Partner
715 62 199

Hello @jdesarnauts,

I've taken a look at your store. I've some suggestions for improvement.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
4. A FAQ would be useful!
5. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
6. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.
7. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
8. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
9. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.

Your customers trust Google Search more than Ads. 53% of eCommerce traffic is Search, far greater than Paid Ads & Social Media. flareAI works every day for you, tapping into the world's largest free sales channels. flareAI helps you to get your products found on Google, the world's largest eCommerce sales channel.

Hope this was helpful,
Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @jdesarnauts.

My apologies, I must have missed your store URL in the subject of your message. That said, I would be happy to provide some feedback on your store. The first thing I would suggest is to write an About us page and link it in your main menu here: 

You can use it to tell the story of your business to your customers and help them connect to your brand. We have a helpful guide on writing an effective about us page here if you wanted to investigate this further. 

Next, I would recommend adding an Announcement banner to your store, this is a good way to share new or important information with your customers. You could add a banner to share the following information:

• any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments
  • any updated or new policy pages
  • any promotions being offered at this time, such as new gift cards

Many Shopify themes and certain third-party themes will have an announcement banner option built-in, so you may have the option readily available to you. Feel free to check out our announcement banner guide here for more information. If your theme does not have a built-in banner option, you can download a third-party announcement banner app instead, here are a couple of examples you can look into if that's the case:

- Bannerfly

- All Announcement Banners 

- Quick Announcement Bar

I am also curious about this re-use of your menu displayed at the bottom of your shop here. 

Generally speaking this second menu (if added) would go in the footer area of your shop, at the very bottom of your shop. Is there a specific reason you have added it here? It looks like you may be using a third-party theme, so I might suggest reaching out to your theme developer to look into repositioning this for better aesthetics. 

I also notice that your logo/title looks a bit blurry: 

You may want to reference our Uploading images guide, to ensure you are uploading all your images as per our recommended resolutions and aspect ratios. If you are using a third-party theme, you may want to double-check with your theme developers if they have any specific limitations or recommendations when uploading images to their themes. I also looked through your product sections and really loved looking at the awesome products you are offering. I do notice that most of your product images are varying sizes as well, most likely due to the aspect ratio of the photos. This may be something the above images guide will help out with too, you want to ensure all the product photos you are uploading are matching across the board to give accurate sizing. We typically recommend 2048 x 2048 pixels for square product photos, again, if you are using a third-party theme they may have different resolution/aspect ratio recommendations. 

Aside from that, your shop is looking great and you will want to start focusing on bringing traffic into your shop. One thing you can look into is improving your search engine optimization (SEO). You can use search engine optimization to improve the search engine ranking for your store and help customers find your products and shop easier among stores that may be similar to yours. We have a really handy guide for SEO here, that you can check out for more information and steps to look into. Another great resource that I love sending our merchants is this fantastic article that talks about building traffic. It touches on important questions you should be asking of your store, such as:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their implicit cost-benefit analysis. 
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

It then moves on to share examples of ways you can start marketing your shop and bringing in legitimate traffic to your shop to start making sales. 

I hope some of this feedback helps you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have! 

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @jdesarnauts 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
736 66 265

Hello @jdesarnauts 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Organize footer section with existing options.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There are no reviews on your products. Add product review app so that customer can write a review on what they purchase from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more, If you sell any Unique/Handmade/vintage goods you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps