Feedback on my new online store!

LoveLillie
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello! I launched my online store just over a month ago. I have lots of traffic on my site but only a few sales. I would love your feedback on anything you think I can improve! 

Thank you very much, hope you have a lovely day!

Replies 7 (7)
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
716 64 263

Hello @LoveLillie 

Hope you are safe and doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

• Organize header section with minimizing empty space on it.
  • Make sicky header bit smaller, so that rest of the page visible better.
  • Add multiple images on the hero banner, as it gives good impression when customer lands on the homepage.
  • On each image on the hero banner customer should be able to click on CTA button to navigate to the product/collections page. Add shop now(CTA) button on the banner.
  • There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. 
  • You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.
  • You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store which provides seamless integration between Shopify-Etsy shop. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.
Thanks,
Waytoapps
AliReviews
Shopify Partner
214 31 130

Hi @LoveLillie, thank you for leaving the store URL so we can check it out and give out some suggestions. Here are some of our comments you can consider improving for your store:

1. Make header elements sticky so that visitors can easily navigate when they scroll on your website

AliReviews_0-1645580146424.png

This would affect their experience a lot so you can try making some modifications for the menu bar and header section.

2. Show rating stars right in Homepage along with reviews

AliReviews_1-1645580420304.png

It's great that you already have this section displayed in your homepage. However, it'd be even greater if reviews are shown with rating stars. You can consider adding more information of reviewers such as country name or submitted date of reviews to increase the trust. Also, maybe you could try add some kinds of review pop up on the left of your website.

Overall, we think your store is actually well-made with all needed sections for a successful eCommerce site, from the persistent color palette to blog posts (rarely do we see new businesses pay attention to this in the beginning, kudos to you!). You mention that you have lots of traffic on website but not so many sales, which might indicate that your SEO strategy is working well (those blog posts on your website are going big all over Google or other search sites) or your advertising campaigns (if you're running any) are running well with all materials (great ad copy, beautiful image, ads video etc). We suggest that you re-check your Google Analytics or any analytics tools on your website to see the breaking point where most visitors left off (it could be inconsistency between your ads and your landing page that leads to low conversion rate so visitors would leave after browsing your website, for example). You can also consider having a giveaway on social media or a 10-20% discount banner to see if one of those tactics actually can motivate visitors to add to cart and make it to checkout page. Hope this helps!

If you think our comment is of great help, don't forget to give us a Like! Your support would mean a lot to us and motivate us to contribute more to the Shopify community!

AliReviews: Top Review Solution Package For E-Commerce
- Check out our blog for free e-commerce tips and tricks.
- Contact us: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Youtube
- A product of FireApps.io
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2371 327 1575

Hi @LoveLillie,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my advice for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000+ active Shopify merchants.

I have just taken a quick look at your website and I picked up some plus points are:

• Have an announcement bar to announce the information about the shipping campaign of a store.
  • Have a favicon for your store: This makes your store look unique and professional.

However, I would like to give you some suggestions about your store so that you could consider changing and hope that the conversion rate is increased accordingly.

1. Have a sticky header

This will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently.

PageFly_0-1645582769726.png

In order to allow the customers to see the full banner at first sight, I think you should move the favicon to the left side of the header.

2. Featured image

Making a good first impression is paramount. Thus, it is of great importance that the featured image should describe what you are selling within the 5 first minutes of accessing your store. 

PageFly_1-1645582770312.png

Fortunately, the featured image I captured above can tell exactly what you are selling. Though I have to admit that it’s of high quality, you should adjust the height of it. For a better sense of  aesthetics, you should crop this part

PageFly_2-1645582770323.png

3. CTA buttons

As you might know, a primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, probably enhancing the conversion rates. 

PageFly_3-1645582770303.png

It’s great when you have a “Shop Love Lillie” button on your banner that encourages users to click on it. It urges visitors to make the purchase and is a great way to optimize your home page.

Just a minor issue here - That is: It would be even more attractive if the button is attached with a heading explaining this section and the hovering effect of the CTA button has a new background color

And, please kindly rest assured that all CTA buttons should have the same styling to boost the conversion rate.

4. Make the headings prominent

Perfect! You have a Testimonial section right on your homepage. It is of great importance because your brand trust can be enhanced. 

PageFly_4-1645582770319.png

However, you should display the star ratings with each review to enhance your brand trust. You can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

Last but not least, here are another recommendation for you - Pick some apps to boost your sales here if you like.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer is helpful, please give it a LIKE or mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers!

PageFly

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Start Shopify 14 Day Free Trial & Pay $1 For Your First Month

Victoria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
386 25 62

Hi, @LoveLillie 

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your question here!

Welcome to Shopify and hope you're enjoying the platform so far! Have you had a chance to browse through our Shopify Store checklist? This is a great way to help setup each area of your store like shipping settings, payment options, theme settings and much more. 

Great job so far on curating your storefront, displaying your unique products, creating a blog page and making it user friendly. I've listed some helpful feedback below to help boost brand visibility, increase sales and brand image.

Abandon Carts:

You mentioned that your store is generating a lot of traffic but only a few sales. Are there abandon carts within your Shopify admin, Orders > Abandon checkout section? A great way to help reduce abandon carts is to manually or automatically send your customers emails to remind them what products they may have left behind. Through this link, customers are able to navigate to your store and complete checkout if they wish to do so. You can also view your abandoned checkout emails report in your admin > Marketing section to see how efficient the abandoned cart emails are, how many sessions are on your store and completed orders. 

Adding a Wishlist app:

Adding a wishlist app can help increase sales and store conversion as customers are able to favorite products they like and it's added to their wishlist. Customers are able to share their wishlist on social media to help boost brand and product awareness. To help further boost sales, customers can create an account through the wishlist app, and you can setup a custom email template to send reminders to your customers to navigate back to your store.

Instagram:

I recommend displaying your FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER 100 on your Instagram account and stories. This can help drive traffic to your store and intrigue customers about the active free shipping promotion you currently have. You can also utilize Instagram's paid promotions to help boost your store's visibility and promote any new products you have.

Remove powered by Shopify:

Did you know you're able to remove the powered by Shopify text from your storefront's footer section? I recommend doing this as this can help with branding so customers see © 2022, LOVE LILLIE. You can follow the steps within our help resource to help remove this.

Lastly, check out our Shopify Blog resource that includes 17 tactics to drive more sales to your store. Some of our blog article includes improving email campaigns, anticipating future sales, starting a content marketing program and much more.

Keep up the great work on your store! 

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

flareAI
Shopify Partner
647 53 183

Hello @LoveLillie,

I've taken a look at your store and it's looking organized and well designed. A few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add links like Contact Us, About Us, FAQ, Blogs, etc to the footer.
3. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
4. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
5. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

Your customers trust Google Search more than Ads. 53% of eCommerce traffic is Search, far greater than Paid Ads & Social Media. flareAI works every day for you, tapping into the world's largest free sales channels. flareAI helps you to get your products found on Google, the world's largest eCommerce sales channel.

Hope this was helpful,

Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

Growave
Shopify Partner
1469 43 417

Hi @LoveLillie 

Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. Since you have a lot of traffic but no sales, it could mean that customers don't find your store reliable enough to make a purchase.  Consider implementing more eCommerce marketing tools and features to your online store to build customer trust and increase conversions. Here are some suggestions that you can work on. I hope it would help.

• Implement Social Login 

Attach Social Login buttons anywhere on your Shopify site and enable one-click sign-up or login to your online store. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. Also, gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

sl.PNG

• About Us section

Add more information to the About Us section regarding your business and processes for customer trust. Showing your store visitors that you are real by putting your information, team, or working process photos will add credibility to your store.

• Add Wishlist

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Since you offer various crystals and candles, I would recommend adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. 

• Add Loyalty and Rewards program

The Loyalty and Rewards program system inspires customers to connect more genuinely with your brand. It helps to strengthen direct communication between you and your audience. Also, it positively impacts repeat purchases and turns your customers into loyal clients. Within the L&R program you can include: Points, Referral programs, VIP tiers

Motivate customers to spend more and act by using the points program. Increase engagement with your community by rewarding customers with convertible points on your Shopify store with activities like rewarding for leaving reviews, social following, social sharing, or for every dollar they spend. Collected points can be spent on the most affordable options for them. 

• Referral programs

I recommend using a Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and get rewarded for that. Encourage your customers to help grow your brand community using the referral program. The only program that lets you refer a friend, reward both parties, and increase traffic to your Shopify store.  

• VIP tiers

Thank your loyal customers with the VIP tiers. Keep your best customers engaged with VIP ranks and perks. Diverse rewards availability will always find the loyal shopper to increase retention rate. Create as many VIP Tier ranks and choose one of the criteria to achieve the next Tier by earning points, the number of orders placed, and the revenue they brought to your shop.

POS-integration.pngTest Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. The app contains 5 efficient marketing features that will help you with sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard. In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

Made_by_Lanzi
Shopify Partner
111 10 23

Hi @LoveLillie, thank you for visiting the Shopify Forum

Congrats on this launch, the store is lovely and those crystals!! 🔥🔥🔥

The first sales are tough, but it gets easier once more reviews start to come in and the hype starts to build in Social Media, I promise!

The thing I would recommend is definitely to capture some emails, since this brand is very mission driven, email would be great no only for sale but to build the relationship with the customers. It helps a lot to capture traffic that's not ready to buy today but can buy later, after getting to know you more.

If you need help setting this up just let us know. info@madebylanzi.com

Hoped it helped

Lanzi

Shopify & Klaviyo Partner

PD: If this answer helped you please like & accept it

NEED MORE HELP?
Get fast and affordable solutions ~ contact me at info@madebylanzi.com
Get Social! @madebylanzi
Madebylanzi.com- Miami, Florida