Feedback on my new store please

Maurovaisman
5 0 0

I just found out about this great board. I really appreciate any feedback you can provide.  

My store is www.thingsofbrazil.com. A very small shop.

My target audience consists of Brazilian expats in the US, and anyone that speaks Portuguese and miss Brazilian products in the US. 

1-Since I only self grocery products, do you suggest that I use the current template, or another one? I don’t mind paying for one, as long as you think it will be a better page  

2-My images are not consistent. Some are PNGs, some are JPEGs, and they are different sizes.  What do you suggest that I do to have them all align. Should I try to make them all the same size? I tried that,  but if I have the ‘on sale’ or ‘sold out’ on a product, the line below is not aligned. 

3-Can I manage the size of the white boxes that are around the images using the current debut template? Some are smaller than others. Shopify has an app that resizes all images automatically. Would that solve the issue? What size size should all the images on this particular page be, in your opinion?

4-Is that a way to have the ‘on sale’ not interfere with the images alignment?

5-should those images have a white, or transparent background?

5-what do you thing about the logo size, quality, position?

4-Shopify says the speed is not optimal. Do you think the site is slow? 

5- does the site look professional? 

Again, I appreciate all the help, 

Replies 3 (3)
luis_cc
Tourist
8 0 0

Home page is very crowded full of products...in my opinion id have a few categories and only show a few (around 3) from each category which customers could then go into categories and find what they are looking for.

Another thing is the big bald red 'add to cart' buttons....they seem to take over the page maybe make them a little smaller if possible and go for a more calmer colour too?

Good luck with it mate 🙂

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @Maurovaisman 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

1-Since I only self grocery products, do you suggest that I use the current template or another one? I don’t mind paying for one, as long as you think it will be a better page  : You can try the theme form here https://themes.shopify.com/themes?sort_by=most_recent&price%5B%5D=paid&industry%5B%5D=food-drink

2-My images are not consistent. Some are PNGs, some are JPEGs, and they are different sizes.  What do you suggest that I do to have them all align. Should I try to make them all the same size? I tried that,  but if I have the ‘on sale’ or ‘sold out’ on a product, the line below is not aligned.  Keep only single format with same size and alignment. For "on sale" or "sold out" use product label like this

productlebal.png

• 3-Can I manage the size of the white boxes that are around the images using the current debut template? Some are smaller than others. Shopify has an app that resizes all images automatically. Would that solve the issue? What size size should all the images on this particular page be, in your opinion? -  Keep the same size with the white box , you can use custom coding , size depends upon how many images you want to show for a particular page
  • 5-should those images have a white, or transparent background? - Transparent background 

5-what do you thing about the logo size, quality, position? - Logo can be better

4-Shopify says the speed is not optimal. Do you think the site is slow?  - Yes , Speed need to improve for mobile 

thingssospeed.png
  •  

5- does the site look professional? - Need to improve a lot

Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Maurovaisman, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the Aitrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and here are some suggestions:

- The logo size and quality, position looks good.

- Yes, you should make all the images of the same size. Make them all aligned to each other. 

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button)- Collection List- Product Recommendations (New arrivals, best sellers)- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box.

- You need to work on the product description:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action.

- Add web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

- Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.