Feedback On My New Store, Please :)

briofbristles
Tourist
6 2 3

Hi there!

Looking for honest feedback and/or constructive criticism on my website, https://bristlesbeauty.com

Firstly here are things I'm already aware of/in the process of improving or implementing:

- Site Speed/Page Speed (any tips for doing this are appreciated!!)

- Reducing layering of pop-ups for mobile users

- Videos on product pages that showcase product usage/instructional information

- YouTube videos of reviews (adding soon)

- Quiz which allows customers to find the perfect brush to serve the function they're looking for

QUESTIONNAIRE:

I would appreciate it if you would answer this questionnaire; any additional feedback is also appreciated!:

1) Are you viewing on mobile or desktop?

2) Country of residence?

3) Did you receive the geo-location pop-up asking you to change to your relevant currency? If not, is there a currency option available for you?

4) Did the newsletter pop-up catch your attention, and if so, what sparked your interest?

5) What three words would you use to describe Bristles Beauty or the products offered by Bristles Beauty?

6) (Optional) What is your overall "feel" of the brand? What are the main details that you gathered?

Thank you very much in advance for any feedback!

Replies 10 (10)
KhushiSharma
Tourist
31 0 1

I hope your business is going well during this difficult times. I checked your store website that looks really good.

An additional information section details frequently asked information, which establishes credibility and builds confidence with the buyer.

As a suggestion I want to tell you if you want to write description of these products in more appealing way then you can use the application named Descrii which will be used to generate the descriptions for our products.

I am also using it and hope you will also like it here the link is-

https://bit.ly/descrii-premium

Growave
Shopify Partner
1526 49 434

Hi @briofbristles !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Your mobile speed is very low - 17 only. https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbristlesbeauty.com%2F&tab=...

Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

2. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

3. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.

4. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.

5.Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

6. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

7. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

8. The items in your store are more on a luxurious and expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them.

Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

Tommykranemoses
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello great store owner,I have take a good look at your store and it look good and also your store is loading fast so you have no issue with that,but where your problem lies is your product presentation,you didn't present your  product perfectly well plus I'll give an advise to also get to sell complete women make up kit this will make your store look more eye-catching and advance and also generate more sales www.fiverr.com/osmoses_sales 

Hyyyper
2 0 0

Bri,

Your website looks nice! You've done a good job.

I have included some suggestions for you and completed your questionnaire.

1. Desktop
  2. (currently traveling in Europe)
  3. Prompted USD
  4. Closed immediately (but I'm not shopping)
  5. Minimal, authentic, high-quality

Avoid using pictures as text like this:

text-image2.PNG

While it makes it easy to get the perfect layout, this removes the text from your page's HTML code.
That's a big problem for SEO. None of those keywords, such as "Available worldwide," appear in the document and you won't rank for them.

If you can achieve the same visual presentation using HTML blocks, you should.

Include testimonials as text:

It's great that you have videos. That's already a big step above many stores.
However, most people won't commit to watching a video without a little push.

You should include a testimonials/reviews section that people can read (3-5 is plenty).
If you insert this section above your videos, people will read your lovely reviews and be more inclined to watch one of the videos.

A few things negatively impact the user experience:

Your slider controls disappear, which makes them difficult to click and misleading.
People will scroll past without even realizing there are more products to see.
As it is now, this would be better as a static section of 4 products (saves you the load-time).
If you want the slider, make the controls static.

slider-controls.PNG

The price disappears when hovering to take a closer look.
This is a serious problem, because unless the user already noticed the price, they might overlook it completely.
Since this is one of the most critical pieces of information, you should  never hide it.

price-disappears.PNG

This is pretty minor, but your hamburger icon should not change when the menu is still closed. 
Particularly because it's a back arrow in the top left of the screen, which people might associate with "go back" in the browser.
These kinds of things are extra problematic for less tech-savvy users.
You should just keep the pink hover effect and leave the icon as a hamburger.

misleading-hamburger.PNG

You are on your way to a really nice website!
Just a few things to fix/add and you'll be set.

- Dillon from Hyyyper

vinods
Shopify Partner
717 12 89

Hi @briofbristles 

Please see my revert on your questionnaire

QUESTIONNAIRE:

I would appreciate it if you would answer this questionnaire; any additional feedback is also appreciated!:

1) Are you viewing on mobile or desktop?
Vinod - saw on desktop

2) Country of residence?
Vinod - India

3) Did you receive the geo-location pop-up asking you to change to your relevant currency? If not, is there a currency option available for you?
Vinod  - No I would suggest first market this in your local country

4) Did the newsletter pop-up catch your attention, and if so, what sparked your interest?
Vinod - it should be delayed a little

5) What three words would you use to describe Bristles Beauty or the products offered by Bristles Beauty?
Vinod - since the products are made in Japan you can bank on quality of the brush.

6) (Optional) What is your overall "feel" of the brand? What are the main details that you gathered?

Vinod - good site - can provide you further feedback and help you increase sales

Thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev
Digital Centrics
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2475 340 1659

Hi @briofbristles ,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants. 

I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Have an announcement bar

Basically, the announcement bar will announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store. You had that information at the top of your homepage but it should be highlighted by another background color.

2. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

If your page is long, when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

PageFly_0-1633872488472.png3. Add more content on your homepage

3.1 Improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

PageFly_1-1633872640422.png

3.2 Have a CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

3.3 Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

3.4 Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product reviews to the page in easy ways

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that are displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

I found an article for you about third-party apps that are 07 Tools to Boost Your Conversion Rates and the best reviews app for your store.

4. Check your page speed to improve its performance

I just tested your website on both my Samsung and iPhone and PageSpeed Insights app. You can see the reason via its’ report here: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbristlesbeauty.com%2F

You should consider removing unused code, Javascript, render-blocking resources, and optimize your images to improve the page speed. You can use this tool to check all pages on your stores to get the best performance.

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark it as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

asterly
Shopify Partner
35 1 7

Honestly I love your store, products and story. Regardless of what you've heard about needing to have popups, I think you should try getting rid of as many as possible. Get rid of your newsletter pop up, and instead have it embedded in your page. The push notification request honestly just seems scammy to me. The only one that should really stay is the geolocation. I don't use any popups on my website because I value the customer experience over those tiny conversion hacks. I think a long term approach would help you too.

I would work on removing apps to increase your page speed. A few could go just by removing the pop ups.

You have great products, let them do the selling for you. Focus on the customer experience and they'll appreciate it.

Good luck, and if you have any questions I'm happy to help 🙂

If you have any questions or want more detailed feedback, you can email me anytime at lily@asterly.io

I run a small web service and consulting company. Our first consult and evaluation is always free with no strings attached.
drishti
Excursionist
28 0 1

Hi @briofbristles 

1. Viewing on a desktop 

2. India

3. I didn't see a pop-up for INR currency

4. It did catch my attention, but I find these pop-ups slightly annoying. If I am doing something on your page, I don't want pop-ups occupying the screen where I'd be viewing something (maybe on some corners, where it doesn't take up my screen. https://aurum-luxe-fashion.myshopify.com/ (this is a dummy store. )Check the pop-up on the chat widget when you try to exit the page). Let me know if you'd like to set up something like this

5. Durable, trustworthy, made with love (i felt the trust because I see the creator name on the homepage)

6. The product offering is crystal clear, different types of brushes. I think the colours can be more strong. Also, people like stories about the owners, so maybe you can add what inspired you, rather than having pointers (great if you can add your photos, along with the brushes)

Other than this, I think the product images have a lot of white space. You can have better images added. The pricing font is really small. You might want to use a stronger font on the website overall. 

Reach out to me directly or visit Engati if you need more help 🙂
MentallyEnabled
1 0 0

Are you viewing on mobile or desktop?

1) Mobile 

2) Country of residence?

United States of America 

No. I don't know.

I definitely saw the sign up form for the newsletter but I didn't sign up for it at the time that I first visited your website.

Make up brushes, natural materials and woman owned business

Mother and daughter team trying to start a business with each other. You are just starting out from the impression that I got from visiting your site. 

Thank you very much in advance for any feedback!

0 Likes

AngelasDezignss
Excursionist
20 1 4

Very Impressed! I really like your store. So easy to navigate. Graphics are wonderful!!!