Feedback on my new store- traffic not leaving the homepage

Jennifer_Evans
Tourist
6 0 1

If I could please get some feedback on what I am missing. I am not seeing a lot of traffic to my website. My store has been only open a week but the visitors I do see don't seem to leave my homepage. I have checked and I am able to open all the product pages. I know I do have some work on my SEO which I am working on. I just want to make sure I am not missing something bigger as to why customers aren't leaving the homepage.

I am currently doing this on my own and have limited funds to spend so if I can do this myself would be great.

Any feedback you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Store Link: HomeStyle Fabrics & Furnishings https://homestylefabricsfurnishings.com/ 

Replies 6 (6)
demib
Shopify Partner
123 12 57

Hard to give feedback without a link to your store 🙂

SEO Geek since 1996, consultant author and public speaker. Admin of the Shopify SEO Facebook Group

Was your question answered? Kindly mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
UpPromote
Shopify Partner
142 2 16

Hi @Jennifer_Evans,

This is UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing - We are the no.1 Affiliate marketing on Shopify app store. I am happy here to share some experience and suggestions for your online store. And I truly hope that they are useful and helpful for you in improving your sales performance. 

I totally you are just starting your business. Firstly, congratulation for your first step. It would be hard at the beginning. Most other business would be same as you when beginning, and now they are successful. So be patient!

And can you kindly share us your store link? So we can give you some useful feedbacks for improvement 🙂

Regarding marketing strategy, I think you should spend first priority to find the methods which brings positive results with no risky and low cost. It much better for you at this time.

1. Run Facebook ads

Running ads such as Facebook ads, or Instagram ads, even Google ads are popular methods to viral your products faster. You can get more knowledge and experience hereFacebook Ads for beginners. With Google Ads, you can easily attract target customers that are looking for the products you are selling. You can set your ads with different keywords, or banner as well. However, you should consider it because it is not really a potential choice for starters. The reason is that you might cost a lost of money to run for long term. In some specific case, if it don't bring positive traffics for you, you also need to pay fee to maintain them. We know it because we know many customers get same issues. 

2. SEO

One of the most important functions of SEO is increasing visibility, which means making it easier for prospects to find you when they search for something you have to offer. Visibility is directly related to your ranking. The ultimate reason SEO is essential is that it can help you achieve many of your business goals. SEO can help you drive more people to your site, give you an edge over the competition, and increase conversions, which means more sales, more loyal customers, and more growth for your business. You can use SEO apps from Shopify app store such as SEO Booster ‑ SEO Marketing to support you in developing SEO marketing campaign.

3. Using affiliate marketing

My recommendation is that you should think about another safer and suitable methods for your business. Affiliate marketing could be a good option for your.  Affiliate marketing is a marketing model which allows you to connect with various affiliates, and then they will use their advertising sources such as social media channels, websites, blogs, etc, to promote your products. You only need to pay affiliate commission whenever a customer makes a purchase via the unique link or coupon associated with their recommendation.

How to publish your affiliate registration on your menu bar?

You can add the affiliate registration form on the shop menu, so any visitors who visit your site can easily approach your affiliate campaign.

Your affiliate can create an account and log in right in your shop, which is really simple and convenient.

UpPromote_0-1634136335713.png

The advantages of affiliate Marketing compared with other methods

1. Low investment but high cost effective

In fact, affiliate marketing does not need a huge amount to build a customer service team, or running advertising. This campaign helps to mitigate any risks that drive traffic or run social ads with little or no result for your Shopify business, while also ensuring that merchants achieve what they pay for.

In fact, whereas a poor marketing campaign that sends you low quality results will still need to be paid for, even if you make no sales. However, affiliate marketing ensures your marketing is cost effective and helps to reduce the risk of “leaking out” money for an uncertain market. 

2. Make extra income

The main advantage of affiliate marketing is that the income is entirely performance-based. This is because affiliates are only paid a commission when a purchase has taken place. That means if the affiliates have an ineffective campaign, it won’t affect your budget. 

The affiliates understand that driving huge traffic of potential customers will help to increase sales conversion. For this reason, the affiliates will spend much effort to build effective social platforms, promotion or boosting posts of your products in a better way to attract customers. The more efficiently they work, the more commission they generate, and the more sales you earn. 

UpPromote_1-1634136335688.png

3. Brand Awareness

A research reported that 92% of customers trust the recommendations of people, companies or influencers they know. For this reason, working directly with affiliate marketers who then promote your products to their established audience, brings more opportunities and more direct sales. The plus of affiliate marketing is to expand out into new markets that you haven't explored, giving your brand a much stronger online presence.

4. SEO Value

Publishers (the affiliates) link to your website to send traffic your way. Provided they aren’t spammy, these links are usually beneficial for your off-page SEO efforts, since inbound links are a huge factor in Google’s ranking algorithm.

5. Customer Data

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing provides you valuable data and insight into how, where and why your customers are buying, which you can then use to make smarter marketing decisions in the future across other channels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope my recommendation will be helpful for you. If you are still looking for a marketing tool to boost your sales greatly, I hope you can try our product: UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing 

If these feedbacks are valuable and helpful, kindly give us a "Like" or mark it as a solution. Be patient with your business and good luck!

All the bests,

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

Build. Manage. Succeed with Affiliate Marketing

Jennifer_Evans
Tourist
6 0 1

I have added the link. Thanks

flareAI
Shopify Partner
715 61 198

Hello @Jennifer_Evans,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
3. Add a form in Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
4. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
7. A FAQ would be useful!
8. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.
9. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
10. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

You will get less sales and traffic if your products are not found on Google. When your customers search on Google, your product can be found only if Google has indexed the page. flareAI will show which pages are found on Google, and which are not. flareAI also helps to get your new products found on Google, the world's largest FREE eCommerce sales channel

Hope this was helpful,
Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
736 66 265

Hello @Jennifer_Evans 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a favicon which helps to find your store when customer had multiple tabs in their browser.

Organize header section with adding menu options on header space.

Make a sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customers to access menu at any time they want.

Expand hero banner to full width. As it gives first impression when customer lands on the homepage.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Add Email subscription field on the header section.

Promote your products on Facebook, Instagram and provide social Icons on the footer section.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There are no reviews on your products. Add product review app so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Growave
Shopify Partner
1543 52 436

Hi @Jennifer_Evans 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. Since you have traffic but visitors don't further than homepage, it means visitors don't find your store reliable enough to make purchase. Therefore, I would suggest to focus on building customer trust and social proof. Make sure you employ eCommerce marketing tools and features to your Shopify store. Here are some suggestions that you can work on. I hope it would be helpful for you.

• Add Reviews

First of all, I would advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Reviews are a vital part of an online store since credibility is a fundamental basis in any eCommerce. I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop and that would lead me to leaving your store. Consider adding review widget next to your selling products for social proof.

• Add links to your Social Media accounts
  • Expand Product Range

Add more products to your exisitng selling items, except for a fabric and provide a wider  choice to your visitors. Currently it is just pillows, fabrics and lavender sachet. 

• Add Favicon

Favicon adds legitimacy to your website and helps boost your online branding as well as trust from potential consumers. Favicons are an immediate visual marker for the website which enables easy and quick identification for webpage visitors especially when a lot of tabs are open.

• Implement Social Login

Social Login provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account within one click through social media account. It simplifies the login process and enables one-click signup. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. Also, gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

• Add Referral Program

I recommend using a Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you got your first clients, try to gain more orders through existing ones. Encourage your customers to help grow your brand community using the referral program. The program reward both parties and increases traffic to your Shopify store.  

F1.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try Growave. 5 great features: Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard. Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. 

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave