Feedback on my new store

Solved
MsJossob
4 0 0

Hi everyone, 

Im new to shopify and have finished building my store. However, I can't help but think i'm missing something. I would appreciate your honest feedback and advice in this regard. 

Kindly have a look for me.

https://www.ear-wise.com/

Thanks a million

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @MsJossob 

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked your store and I have some feedback on it, and I hope it helps.

1. Homepage

Your header has many unused white space that makes the top of your page look uneven. I think you should rescale the logo and header and then make this menu navigation a sticky header. So that when customer scroll down, the header won't cover too much content and customer can quickly come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 7.43.44 PM.png

The second thing I want to mention in this homepage is the rich text section. At first I was overwhelm by all the information, and to be honest, it is hard to read, too. If you want to present product features or information, you should add it on product detail. Or make this section 2 column, 1 side is product picture and the other is text divided into block and bullet list. 

Since your product is a spec-driven one, I think you should replace this section with product detail section with highlighted features and dynamic Add to Cart button. So that customer can also purchase it right on the home page. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 7.57.36 PM.png

The last thing I would like to change in your Homepage is the Call to Action button below the image section. It is too small comparing to the picture in the same section. You should make it bigger, and maybe add green color or hover effect. Also, align this button in the center of the page.

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 7.46.04 PM.png

2. Product page

I like you have the preview and social-proof section in your product page but I think there are some thing we can improve here. 

You have images and video under main product media, but it is unaligned, which makes the whole page look messy. The left side has many picture when the right side has too much blank space. 

So to improve this BUY section:

• You can consider make an image carousel under the main product media. 
  • In the right column, add: 
    • Product description: Users always want to know what they are buying so providing product description is a must in your product page. Product descriptions should use both text blocks (covering a product overview, potential use cases, and detailed feature explanations) as well as bullet lists (focused on a product’s features and specs). Additionally, core product information should be present in both the blocks of text and the bullet list, bullet lists must have appropriate spacing, and the bullet list and accompanying block of text should be placed near each other. 
    • Display or Link to the Return Policy from the Main Product Page Content: Even if the return policy is located in the site header or footer, it can be difficult to find. Customers will hesitate to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.
      The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy to read and clear for customers.
    • Shipping information: When viewing an estimated delivery day like “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by Aug 20”, visitors get the urgency to make the purchase. Many user don't want to wait until checkout so they can know how long it took for the delivery service.

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 8.08.02 PM.png

And that's my feedback. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to quickly create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion. Then you will have lots more time focusing on strategies. 

Also please take a look at this guide on how to personalize a Shopify store from PageFly, hope it helps!
If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!
Richard - PageFly

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Get insightful tips to hit more sales in upcoming BFCM.

waytoapps
Navigator
346 29 143

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @MsJossob 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a favicon which helps to find you when customer has multiple tabs in the browser.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Include Blog page,  blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
0 Likes

Hi @MsJossob  

• Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly, definitely an overlooked spot
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co...  
  • Good job on showing your customer reviews that will definitely help a lot 
  • I would focus on ensuring your product photography is on more of your product pages - that would show your customers using the product. Stage a photo shoot and highlight them through your site. 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
0 Likes
MsJossob
4 0 0

Hi Richard, 

Thanks for your concise feedback. I have followed your instructions where I can and improvised where I found myself struggling.

Regards

0 Likes