We just launched our new shop focused on baby shoes and accessories, any feedback from the community would be much appreciated!!
We have over 1,000 visitors over 5 days but less than 1% converted into sales which seems quite low from what I read online.
Can you give me your thoughts and suggestions, what do you think it works best and what doesn't work?
Any and all help is appreciated!
Many thanks in advance
Have seen your store and it looks great.
Here are some of my suggestions that might help you increase the conversion rate.
- You can add some sections for your homepage:
+ The new arrivals section
+ The collection section
+ The section shows the benefits when shopping at your store.
- Have seen your Instagram feed at your store, and I think you can turn your Instagram gallery into a shoppable one.
The app Shoppable Instagram Feed by AllFetch will help you do that totally free.
2. Product page:
You can add some:
- Use more Upsell and Cross-sell methods. For example, Product Bundles or Frequently Bought Together.
- Reviews to increase your social proof.
- Do you have a tool to help you track customers' behaviors? you need to know when and where your customers exit. How long they stay on the pages.
- Do you research the market? your competitors?
- At the early of your business, most people won't have trust to buy products from your store. So you need to have to build trust and some special events like free products or smt.
I think you're doing great with your store. Just try to focus on other things like a marketing plan.
Hope this helps!
I just had look into your website. I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.
-> Can you check this image https://snipboard.io/qiVeNh.jpg . Modify it then looks great.
-> You can add the item reviews under product page, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
Further, If you want increase your sales? I suggest you can try Tuecus. It helps increase your store revenue. And you can easily customize customer dashboard by Tuecus
For what it is worth I am a fellow shop owner/designer looking to launch my own store soon (not trying to sell you an app). So, I like looking at sites on this topic and decided to post my thoughts on your site.
So, what I see and feel at first glance is the menu. I think the menu gets lost in the background image of the slider before you find it and hover over it and then the background color bar shows up.
On the menu itself:
Shoes - has 2 drop downs, Gift Sets- has 0 drop downs, Baby- has 6 drop downs. While I was scrolling across them, I felt lost with the Gift Set, almost like it was broken because of no drop down. I would re-order them somehow, (alphabetically or most categories to least categories - left to right). I realize you only have 4 gift baskets, but maybe one of the drop downs can say "All gift Baskets" and that leaves you room to add timely menu options that are event or holiday driven.
The first slider is so big that the bottom text boxes and buttons are below my fold for viewing. For instance, I can only read "Treat Tiny Toes" or "Precious Peaches".
The second animated slider is humongous and has the title "Hello World". The term "Hello World" has been a staple in the computer programming world and at first, I mistook it as a part of your template that the text was not customized. But I get what you are trying to express. I think the size of this banner section is so overwhelming that it is a distraction and weights your homepage down.
The "Shop the Trend" section does not have prices, only "Buy Now" text. The "Shop the Trend" section has a description, but the "Baby Shoes" does not. I would make them consistent.
At the footer, "Our Store" seems kindof sparse. I would add an "About Us" links down there and not at the top infront of the search bar.
If I click the search icon, it takes me to another page that looks blank except for the word "Search". I would think you should have the search bar input up in that right hand space.
Okay, I hope I have not been offensive in any way and wish you success! 🙂
Hello @EachPeachBaby, This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.
You can also check the performance of our brands with AiTrillion here.
- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.
- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
- Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.
For conversion, you need to engage your visitors coming to your site. Make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
Your site is easy to use and navigate - i think you've done a great job with it. In regards to conversions, i would say your stats may tell you that the wrong sort of shoppers are finding your store. Maybe look to refine your target audience a bit and see if it improves.
I also noticed your a UK based store. Is your store listed on Upurr? its a UK based store directory that drives targeted shoppers to your store and its free to list your store - https://upurr.co.uk/store. You can also connect it to your Shopify store (which i'd recommend doing to get the most out of it).
Other than that, i think keep building up a good mailing list and no doubt you should start seeing more conversions in time.
Good luck with your venture.
What a lovely store. Beautiful photography. Love the "animation" for the 'hello world' section. Love that there's a call-to-action for WhatsApp and Contact Us.
Here's some feedback...
Resources for value prop design
For example: on this product page on David's Teas for raspberry mojitos, the storytelling on the page is: "Is there any way to improve on fresh mint and tangy lime? Just add raspberries! Our juicy Raspberry Mojito iced tea is about to become your new go-to drink. It’s a bright pink tisane that’s fruity, minty and utterly refreshing. Served over ice with a splash of rum, this caffeine-free infusion tastes like a summer afternoon on a sunny Havana patio. In short, pure heaven."
Joanna Wiebe and Alaura Weaver share 11 storytelling elements:
A relatable protagonist/hero (your target customer)
A world (the emotional motivators)
A call to adventure (goal or problem to solve)
The stakes/refusal of the call (nightmare scenario)
A helper (your brand)
A magical item (your offer)
Crossing the first threshold (CTA)
The belly of the whale (onboarding/lead nurturing)
Road of trials (split-testing)
The happily ever after (future pacing)
The return (testimonials & brand advocacy)
“About Us” page:
Moz details Google SEO tips for 2021:
Also, I shared 21 e-commerce trends for 2021 in the Shopify community in case you also want to check that out.
After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.
Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.
You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.
There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.
I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite
This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails.
If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too