Feedback on my online store

LuyandaMbambo
2 0 0

Hi. I have been generating traffic and there are potential customers that have shown interest on my Instagram page and have visited my store but none are reaching checkout. I would like feedback on what obstacles you come across when reviewing my website. Online store link 

Replies 4 (4)
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @LuyandaMbambo, here is the feedback:

- Categorize the products. Add categories in the header menu like 'Necklaces', Bracelets, 'Earrings'. Make your store easy to navigate.

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

To add a section of new, trending, recently viewed products you can install the app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.

- Add customer engagement tools. Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2505 345 1673

Hi @LuyandaMbambo,

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this article on how you can optimize your home conversion rate of your homepage. 

What is good

1. The navigation is simple yet efficient. I did not find much trouble navigating around your store.

2. The Header is sticky, which is a great thing as it includes the search bar. This makes easier for customer to reach out to search bar when they need something while browsing. 

3. The Image with Text overlay is well-designed, the text is not obstructed or hard to read when putting on a background. 

What can be improved

I/ Home Page

1. There's no Shipping and Refund Policies in the Footer of the page, which is quite important as they can act as a assurance to your customers when they're shopping your products. This would build your store's creditability. 

Screenshot_2.png

2. The Collection image is a bit dull. I would suggest choosing product image from your Collection to create more character to your homepage. 

Screenshot_1.png

3. It is essential to demonstrate your values you offer to your customers that makes you stand out of the crowd. The motto is the one that drive customers to your store but not others. 

II/ Collection Page

1. The filter is confusing as a first visitor as it takes up a lot of space and the color you choose is a bit hard to read. I would suggest having a drop down of selection, that would make the page cleaner. 

Screenshot_3.png

2. Add Secondary Hover Image. This will help your customers understand more about the products when trying on. 

III/ Product Page

1. I think the "You May Also Like" and "Similar Product" sections are quite similar and you can choose one of them to feature in the Product Page. 

Overall, this is a great work and you must’ve invested a lot of time and effort in making this work. Just a little tweak and it will go a long way. You can try out page builder like PageFLy to create intuitive and conversion-rate-optimized landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please like and mark this as solution. Good luck!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 981

Hi @LuyandaMbambo,

Nick here from Shopify. Great work on your store so far and congrats for launching. There are a couple of things I spotted which could help take it to the next level, let's take a look at them below: 

• Favicon - Something you could add is a favicon for your browser tab. It will help add brand imagery to make your store more recognisable from the tab alone. You can see how to add a favicon from the tutorial video here - 
  • About Us page - I see you have an About Us page which is great, but you could elevate and take it one step further. By adding some images and telling more of a story to get people invested in the brand rather than just some general information about the brand. I'm a firm believer of stories sell, and by writing a persuasive About Us page you can create more of a connection with store visitors which could, in turn, encourage them to make a purchase. 
  • Homepage pictures - You could also add some product images or professional photos to the homepage to give it a different feel to the rest of the store. The image there now is good, but by adding some others and giving people more of an idea what you are offering without having to go further through the site, it could make them curious to look through the store longer. 

Hopefully, these tips help! Wishing you all the best. 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @LuyandaMbambo, have you got your solution? Have you tried customer engagement tools?

Do you need any other help? I will be happy to assist you. 

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.