Feedback on my online store

Solved
Mjiguere
2 0 1

Hey all: I would like some feedback on my online store which opened online 9/22/2020. slkcboutique.com

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Mjiguere!  

I can tell you’ve put a lot of hard work into your store. That being said, there were a few things that you could do to really make your store shine

Don’t forget about your ads
I see that you’re running an ad for an outfit, but it links to your homepage. Nothing angers visitors more than having to hunt for what was promoted in an ad. Either create a collection with just those suggestions, create a new product page that features those items or incorporate style guides. Something has to change. It should link to the pages where they can specifically buy those items. 

Focus on the details

Add a favicon and link your announcement bar to your product pages. Make sure you have a contact page and several easily accessible areas with your contact information. Without a contact page, you have already given your visitors a huge red flag. 

Optimize your homepage
My biggest concern is that your homepage is lacking. 

• The images are very low quality, and you’re missing CTAs on your hero image.
  • Focus on the visitor engagement below the hero image. For example, the “Springing in all your favorite styles” isn’t adding value and can be removed. I would remove the Facebook group mention, or at the very least link it.
  • Do more to sell your products. Instead, I would use Text Columns with Images or Collection LIst to highlight your collections rather than Image with Text. If you use a scroll heatmap, I imagine most people aren’t making it very far. 

Use one navigation
This is another area of concern for me. 

• You have conflicting navigation, and it becomes somewhat disorganized. Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click, to better understand how visitors use your website. Where are people clicking?
  •  Either keep the hamburger menu just for mobile devices and use the bar main navigation for desktop or use hamburger menu for all. One or the other. 
  • Your main navigation collections and pages are redundant. Clearance and Sales can be merged. Accessories can include handbags and jewelry, correct? What are Young Contemporaries and are people clicking on it? 
  • When you optimize your navigation, you’ll end up with something like: Home | Shop All | Women’s Clothing | Accessories | Shoes | Sales 
  • I’m not a big fan of New Arrivals on a main navigation. If someone is new to your site, they aren’t looking for new arrivals. They are looking for one thing or a collection of products instead. 

Review your policy pages

For example, add in estimated shipping costs in your shipping policy including international shipping. Comb through the pages to make sure the email addresses are linked and that the policy makes sense. For example, a 7-day refund policy may scare away your visitors. 

Watch your collection pages

Under Shop, you have way too many collections going on. It’s hard to navigate. You’re forcing people to use your main navigation. If you use visitor recordings to watch what happened during someone’s visit, how do they navigate if they make it to this page? I would be curious if they bother searching for their collection among 23 (!!!!) collections. In this case, more is not better.

Also, your Heels collection is missing an image. 

Now, in collections:

• Keep image dimensions consistent. I’ve noticed many that aren’t even close. 
  • Where are the filters? You have so many products - you have to offer filters for things like material, size, rating, price, style, etc. HELP your visitors here. 
  • I’m not a big fan of the roll-over information. Test out other methods, such as having the price and product names static.

Clean up your product pages
The same issues with your collection pages bleed into the product pages. This layout isn’t working. On the Buttery Soft and Stretchy Short Sleeve Tiered Ruffle Hem Dress page, it’s very obvious that these images aren’t the same size. It leaves visitors with an unfinished, unprofessional vibe. 

Instead, I would use a more traditional gallery approach with the ordering information to the right.

Other things:

• Link to your sizing chart
  • Add more details in the description
  • Remove your material from the ordering details; you can change it
  • Include care instructions
  • Do NOT leave shipping calculations to the checkout.
  • Add in review! 

You’ve put in a lot of hard work, and you need to be proud of that. It does show! This really comes down to learning about your visitors to maximize the improvements you make to your store and provide them with a better experience.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Mjiguere!  

I can tell you’ve put a lot of hard work into your store. That being said, there were a few things that you could do to really make your store shine

Don’t forget about your ads
I see that you’re running an ad for an outfit, but it links to your homepage. Nothing angers visitors more than having to hunt for what was promoted in an ad. Either create a collection with just those suggestions, create a new product page that features those items or incorporate style guides. Something has to change. It should link to the pages where they can specifically buy those items. 

Focus on the details

Add a favicon and link your announcement bar to your product pages. Make sure you have a contact page and several easily accessible areas with your contact information. Without a contact page, you have already given your visitors a huge red flag. 

Optimize your homepage
My biggest concern is that your homepage is lacking. 

• The images are very low quality, and you’re missing CTAs on your hero image.
  • Focus on the visitor engagement below the hero image. For example, the “Springing in all your favorite styles” isn’t adding value and can be removed. I would remove the Facebook group mention, or at the very least link it.
  • Do more to sell your products. Instead, I would use Text Columns with Images or Collection LIst to highlight your collections rather than Image with Text. If you use a scroll heatmap, I imagine most people aren’t making it very far. 

Use one navigation
This is another area of concern for me. 

• You have conflicting navigation, and it becomes somewhat disorganized. Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click, to better understand how visitors use your website. Where are people clicking?
  •  Either keep the hamburger menu just for mobile devices and use the bar main navigation for desktop or use hamburger menu for all. One or the other. 
  • Your main navigation collections and pages are redundant. Clearance and Sales can be merged. Accessories can include handbags and jewelry, correct? What are Young Contemporaries and are people clicking on it? 
  • When you optimize your navigation, you’ll end up with something like: Home | Shop All | Women’s Clothing | Accessories | Shoes | Sales 
  • I’m not a big fan of New Arrivals on a main navigation. If someone is new to your site, they aren’t looking for new arrivals. They are looking for one thing or a collection of products instead. 

Review your policy pages

For example, add in estimated shipping costs in your shipping policy including international shipping. Comb through the pages to make sure the email addresses are linked and that the policy makes sense. For example, a 7-day refund policy may scare away your visitors. 

Watch your collection pages

Under Shop, you have way too many collections going on. It’s hard to navigate. You’re forcing people to use your main navigation. If you use visitor recordings to watch what happened during someone’s visit, how do they navigate if they make it to this page? I would be curious if they bother searching for their collection among 23 (!!!!) collections. In this case, more is not better.

Also, your Heels collection is missing an image. 

Now, in collections:

• Keep image dimensions consistent. I’ve noticed many that aren’t even close. 
  • Where are the filters? You have so many products - you have to offer filters for things like material, size, rating, price, style, etc. HELP your visitors here. 
  • I’m not a big fan of the roll-over information. Test out other methods, such as having the price and product names static.

Clean up your product pages
The same issues with your collection pages bleed into the product pages. This layout isn’t working. On the Buttery Soft and Stretchy Short Sleeve Tiered Ruffle Hem Dress page, it’s very obvious that these images aren’t the same size. It leaves visitors with an unfinished, unprofessional vibe. 

Instead, I would use a more traditional gallery approach with the ordering information to the right.

Other things:

• Link to your sizing chart
  • Add more details in the description
  • Remove your material from the ordering details; you can change it
  • Include care instructions
  • Do NOT leave shipping calculations to the checkout.
  • Add in review! 

You’ve put in a lot of hard work, and you need to be proud of that. It does show! This really comes down to learning about your visitors to maximize the improvements you make to your store and provide them with a better experience.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Mjiguere
2 0 1

Danny, Thank you so much for the feedback. I really needed that. - Maria

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @MjiguereThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Mobile & desktop responsive-Design a layout of all the pages in a professional & appealing way. Make your store both mobile and desktop responsive. Otherwise, it will lead to a high bounce rate.

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. 

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store you can install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

AiTrillion_0-1621504591421.png

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.