Feedback on my shop please! kennedyelise.com

kennedyxelise
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello! I'm looking for honest feedback on my shop please. Here's the link.

I get a decent amount of traffic, but my conversion rate is less than 1%. 😞 I also have been running ads. It seems that I'm targeting the wrong audience (or maybe too broad?) because there hasn't been any conversion.

My site speed is showing a score of 39. Is it really that slow? It loads fast for me, both on mobile and web.

People also don't tend to stay on the site for very long, and they abandon checkouts. 

Any and all feedback is welcome! 🙂

Replies 16 (16)
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @kennedyxelise 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Do retarget paid ads for web traffic
  • At header:

kinsearch.png

• Improve speed for mobile

kennspeed.png

• Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action
  • Collection page layout needs to improve

• Product page layout needs to improve

• Do On page SEO
  • Highlight your USP and Add Trust Badge
Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
733 65 264

Hello @kennedyxelise 

Hope you are doing good. I went through your store and here are few suggestions.

Logo is nice but make it small on the header section. Make sure to appear hero banner when customer lands on the home page.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation.

Add (ATC) buttons on your products.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. 

If you are already selling on Etsy store, Consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1236 61 364

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here 🙂 

Your website looks very professional and inviting, which is excellent.

Your logo stretches the header area too much, so it takes a considerable space in the above the fold area, pushing the rest of the content on any page out of view:

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 08.20.27.png

Consider tweaking the logo and resize it so it takes less space - this will optimize your above the fold area for conversion and help you boost sales.

Top menu - consider renaming “Catalog” to “Shop” - it’s a stronger call to action, prompting people to click and shop, which will help you boost sales.

Your collection page and product page look excellent 🙂

Consider working on your URLs - your About us page has this URL: https://www.kennedyelise.com/pages/hand-crafted-accessories-to-make-you-feel-special-every-day which is too long and not relevant. Much better for SEO would be simple: https://www.kennedyelise.com/pages/about which tells Google right away of the content on that page and will help you get categorized and shown in more relevant search results. 

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve complete website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/  

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hello,

I observed few points on your website.

-> There is lot of extra space in the header part. You can remove those extra spaces so that user may not scroll down the page to view your banner images and simultaneously CTA also get highlights.
-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
-> And add Trust Badges. Trust badge checks to visitors that a site is allowable. Information is gathered by the outsider trust seal organization that affirms that the business is valid.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @kennedyxelise, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. I do also have a few suggestions to offer you:

- There is a lot of white space in the header. The logo is too large. 

- In the first fold of the homepage, there should be a banner image with a call to action button on it.

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing. Also, it builds up your social proof and social currency, develops an engaging way to communicate with customers in multiple channels and hits right on your target market.

You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
kennedyxelise
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you so much! Your suggestions are very helpful and specific 🙂

kennedyxelise
Tourist
7 0 1

Very good suggestions @waytoapps thank you!

kennedyxelise
Tourist
7 0 1

@Rockpapercopy thank you! I didn't even notice the link for my About page. And thanks so much for the SEO guides 🙂

kennedyxelise
Tourist
7 0 1

@Tuecus thanks for the great ideas! I'll definitely be working on these 🙂

kennedyxelise
Tourist
7 0 1

This is really helpful @AiTrillion I appreciate it! I'll be working on all of these points but thanks especially for suggesting an exit-intent pop-up. 

collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
220 26 95

Hi @kennedyxelise 

I see you have implemented a lot of the feedback you have gotten. That's the way to go.

Another way to improve your sales is by using smart search and filter solutions that will allow your customers to be able to search for the product they need instantly and also filter through your store.

Here are some useful benefits of using a smart search and filter app on your store

- Help your customers instantly search for the products they want or are interested in, also while they are searching you can suggest other products to them based on what they are searching for.

- Help your customers filter your whole store based on collections, reviews, tags, product type, vendor, variant options, meta fields with matching variant images, product meta fields, price, percent sale, rating, weight, in stock, and location.

- Promote key products using our pinning and merchandising rules.

- Get an analytics dashboard that shows you what keywords and products that your customers are searching for and click the most, this way you can know the products they want to buy.

- Show your variants as separate products and so much more.

Click here to see a smart search and filter app at work

If you would like to implement a smart search and filter APP in your store. I would recommend you try out the Ultimate Search and Filter Shopify app. I know you will find it useful.

Hope you find this helpful!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 75

Hi @kennedyxelise 

A speed score of 39 is actually above average compared to other sites we come across when performing our optimizations.

Please keep in mind that this score is actually based on Google's Lighthouse engine, which takes in many factors when calculating the score you see. We have a great article on the topic: Shopify Speed Tool Analysis + How To Make Your Site Faster.

So this score doesn't necessarily mean your website is slow. I actually browsed through your site and it loads very quickly. That's great!

I hope this helps.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
713 68 272

Hi @kennedyxelise

Have seen your store and have some comments for you:

- The logo is too big, so it takes too much space here. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1615433384894.png

- Add the messages here to encourage your customers to reach out to product pages. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1615433428344.png

- Show six featured items instead of three. Also, it would be great if you can add Quickview buttons to allow your customers to see more product details easier. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1615434799761.png

- Turn your Instagram gallery into a shoppable one. This will increase your sales and conversion rates. 

If you want to have one, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery

ConveyLego0612_3-1615434961428.png

- On your product pages, you should add:

+ The Sticky Add to Cart button to keep the add to cart button visible. The app Advanced Sticky Add to Cart will help you do that with ease. 

+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods. For example, product bundles. 

+ Add more reviews asap. 

- There are some points that you need to focus on:

+ Show the discounted products on the homepage and highlight them

+ New Arrivals section should be highlighted too 

+ Increase social proof by having more reviews, content, and social accounts

+ Add a section that shows the benefits when shopping at your site. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 15.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Kenne
Its My Pleasure:)

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @kennedyxelise, you're welcome. If you need help with setting up the AiTrillion features, I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
kennedyxelise
Tourist
7 0 1

@AllFetch These tips are great! I can't wait to try them. Thank you so much 🙂