Feedback on my shop

middyemb
5 0 0

I would appreciate any feedback you can give me on my shop.  I have yet to make a sale, and because I love what I do I keep plugging along.  Thanks in advance.   www.purpleladybugdecor.com 

Replies 9 (9)
Grace_01
Explorer
60 2 9

@middyemb Your store looks goods, Few suggestion

- If you could add link for size chart in sizing tab that will be much better (You already have size chart but sometime people get confused to find it so it's better to link that will redirect from page)

- You should add support email id

- You can add brand logo, check this free tool by shopify for creating brand logo

middyemb
5 0 0
thank you I appreciate that
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
736 66 265

Hello @middyemb 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a nice logo which gives Identity and Separates from the Competition. 

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customers to access menu at any time they want.

Add Shop Now(CTA) on the Hero banner.

Include Blog page,  blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
middyemb
5 0 0

what is a sticky header and what is a hero banner?   I don't have a blog, don't know how to do that.   I do have an etsy store and sell some on it.  I also have a wix site - www.middyembroidery.com and that is also on etsy. 

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi @middyemb.

Thank you for your message and for sharing the link to your store, I would be happy to offer some suggestions.

Your store set-up and products look great, I especially love your easy-to-use menu system breaking down your products and collections. The first thing that stood out to me on your storefront however was your Slideshow images look a bit blurry. 

The first two photos in your slideshow specifically, the third slide with the photo of the mug is much clearer, however you may want to consider changing the font color as it's tough to read against the mug's white tone.

You should be able to change your slideshow's text in your Theme customization settings in your admin under Online store>Themes>Customize. You may need to select the "Slideshow" section to ensure you are editing the correct section.

Depending on what Theme you are using, there may be specific photo requirements when uploading your images. I would recommend checking out our Uploading images guide for more information on optimizing the quality of your images when uploading. If you are using a third-party theme, it may be best to reach out to your Theme's developer to ask about your specific themes upload requirements.

I also loved reading the About Us section to learn more about why you started Purple Ladybug Decor, an About Us section is a great way to build customer trust and retention in your store. I would recommend creating a Page in your admin and copy-pasting the About Us page info there, then linking it in your Navigation area under Online Store>Navigation>Main Menu to add the About section to your main menu. 

This would just give your customers quick access to that information, as many customers will not take closer looks through stores' Footer sections. If you need help editing your main menu, we have a handy guide here that will walk you through it. You can still keep the About us section in your footer area as well, of course! 

It can certainly be tough to make your first sale after launching an online business, an important aspect to look into is how you are marketing your shop. Have you tried any marketing or advertising yet for your shop to start building traffic? If not, I recommend taking a look through our helpful Marketing and promotions guide for some ideas on how to get started! 

When you are trying to sell online, one of the most important factors to consider is how to get customers to find your store. You can use Search engine optimization (SEO) to improve the search engine ranking for your store, to make it easier to find for customers. We have a fantastic guide for Improving searching engine optimization here, that should be helpful.

Lastly, I would like to share this great article that talks about Making your first sale in 30 days, it walks through some important factors to consider when trying to make sales in your store, for example: 

- Why targeted traffic is crucial for new stores
- Free traffic sources
- Paid advertising

Don't forget to take advantage of our free tutorials and courses for running an Online business with Shopify at our Shopify compass website here. You can find invaluable courses that teach you how to gain traffic and market the shop, such as this great video on  Traffic and customer acquisition here.  

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please feel free to reach out here if you have any questions, we are always happy to chat. 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
736 66 265

Hello @middyemb 

Keeping the header fixed while customer scrolls down makes easy to access menu at any point of time they want. It gives more control when they navigate on your store.

Header Section:

header.PNG

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Opinew
Shopify Partner
59 4 23

Hi @middyemb, this is Opinew - Product Review App. Here are some comments I would like to add about your store:

The header: you need to enable the sticky header since the main menu on the Header is very helpful for customers to navigate through your store easier. You can also show the full search bar instead of just a search icon.

Opinew_0-1626802166742.png

The Homepage

• Banners: you may need to improve your banners since some of the banners don’t have any CTAs. You can use the CTAs to direct customers to the pages you want.
  • The product list: the hover effect with the 2nd product image can show additional information about the products. Besides, you can add more CTAs like Add-to-Cart or Buy now to support customer purchases on the Homepage.
  • Discounts: discounts are always useful to attract and keep customers in your store longer. You should set more discounted prices for some of the products.

Your Product page: 

• The product images: you may need to improve your product images by taking real pictures. Many of your product images look like stock images which are not good for your reputation.

Opinew_1-1626802166885.png

• Review sections: You did have the review sections, but haven’t had any reviews yet. You can motivate them to write reviews with rewards or discounts. 
  • Delivery Date: customers will want to see when they can receive their product. Please give them an estimated date instead of just a date range.
  • There isn't much information about your services on the Product page. Please consider showing other sections the Refund policies or Shopping policies here. So customers may find and read them without going to other pages.

I hope these suggestions can be helpful for your online store. Hit Like or Solution if you agree.

Good luck with your store!

Opinew - Product Review App | Boosts your Shopify store’s conversions with reviews rich in UGC.
Join our LinkedIn Community to exchange with fellow merchants and Shopify partners!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @middyembThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar to make customers take an action.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification that will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

- Add trust badges in your store. With the help of trust badges, customers will know that all the processes taking place are safe and secure.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
middyemb
5 0 0

I have taken all your wonderful comments into consideration and have made some changes. 

Please check it out !!

www.purpleladybugdecor.com